Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By DriverKid
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
This is the topic (I bet it's already done but whatever lol) for glitches you find in Parallel Lines. Pictures and a description are great but the picture is optional (sometimes we can't get a snapshot of that upside down bus).

The glitch I can think of now is the motorcycle and large commerical vehicle glitch. If you drive the Antilli VO3 special (might work with other bikes) and see a bus, courier, fire truck or a school bus, drive to the side and start rubbing against it. It will shake around and go flying in the air. Sometimes it will go high and other times it will just flip over.
By Coyote
I think there's already a topic about that ...
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Well apparently when you fall in a river with body snatcher on, and you change clothes, isn't a glitch. I still think it is.

I got TK stuck inside a closing garage door in the turning the screw mission.
By bryand751
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
the bus tiping thing is on you tube.
By DriverKid
bryand751 wrote:the bus tiping thing is on you tube.
That's where I learned it, and just wanted others to know. All credit goes to that person.
By p601k
Registration Days Posts
I found this on the atariforum, but I don't get it to work... anyone who did? and on which platform?
NY_Realwheelman wrote:Alright first you need to go to your hunts point garage, when there start a test track with any vehicle, it doesn't matter. When your on the track get out of your car and walk straight but look out for a small ramp on your right (right before the grey stairs) that leads to a grassy area. Continue to walk, you should see that huge green wrench that indicates your garage in the distance, walk towards it by turing left on that road which leads to the exit of the track, try to walk through it, You will appear on the other side. From here feel free to explore the city, (cops dont seem to respond either, not sure though) when you see a vehicle you want, just get in it and press start and pick "return to your garage" and you'll appear in your Hunts Point garage but with the new car instead of the one you selected earlier for the track. This is great for cars that are found too far from any garage or cars that you always horribly damage on the way! Any questions just ask!
By DriverKid
p601k wrote:I foud this on the atariforum, but I don't get it to work... anyone who did? and on which platform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_Realwheelman
Alright first you need to go to your hunts point garage, when there start a test track with any vehicle, it doesn't matter. When your on the track get out of your car and walk straight but look out for a small ramp on your right (right before the grey stairs) that leads to a grassy area. Continue to walk, you should see that huge green wrench that indicates your garage in the distance, walk towards it by turing left on that road which leads to the exit of the track, try to walk through it, You will appear on the other side. From here feel free to explore the city, (cops dont seem to respond either, not sure though) when you see a vehicle you want, just get in it and press start and pick "return to your garage" and you'll appear in your Hunts Point garage but with the new car instead of the one you selected earlier for the track. This is great for cars that are found too far from any garage or cars that you always horribly damage on the way! Any questions just ask!
It seems to work for me when I use a vehicle, although I haven't played Parallel Lines in a while. As far as I remember, sometimes driving a car up the hill at the Hunt's Point Garage warps you out when you near the gate. I got it to work a few times before.
By Nikusakken
I found a glitch in the very begin of the game. In the first in-game cutscene, where TK makes the cop car hit in a taxi. But before that, where appear an ambulance, the ambulance hits in a taxi. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but that was pretty funny.
By Sirloin
Registration Days
I managed to get my motorcycle onto a flatbed truck (factory area in Jersey), by going up a hill while performing a wheelie onto the bed (the driver then leaves O:< ). I proceeded to accelerate to the front of the truck, and when I got there, I kept accelerating and the flatbed started reversing extremely quickly! When I stopped, the truck did as well. I did this over and over until I got bored :3.

Something that's really funny to do is to take a towtruck, and begin to tow an occupied squad car. If you go too fast, they call other units, state your felonies, etc. on their radio. As you continue driving, the passenger officer reaches out the window and shoots at you while you pull him along, keeping him in range. lollolo.

There's one character I body snatched and noticed something about. Do you know those black guys (not being racist) in suits that cross their arms? I'll call them Tom. If one body snatches Tom, and arms a gun, the gun will appear in the air behind TK (Tom)'s hand. Another thing I noticed after snatching Tom is if you turn off the Body Snatchers cheat when you're anyone other than TK (you've already snatched), he changes bodies at random.

I don't know if this is common, but in the 2006 era, I found an ambulance with the words "New York's Finest" printed on the side, and decorated like an American flag. I took it to my garage, and looks at the body custom things to find that same design as Body Custom thing #4. I found it weird that a previously "customized vehicle" was on the road.

I also found pretty neat glitch. In Jersey, by the airport (by the garage), there's a parking garage. Take a motorcycle up to the top. Get off, walk down a level, and retrieve a car. Bring the car to the top. Drive the car to the left (from view of rooftop entrance) wall, and park it ( |wall|{car} ). Optional: Shoot out the tires on the front or back of the car (depending on which way faces away from the wall). Next, get on the motorcycle, and drive towards the car doing a wheelie. It may take a few tries, but eventually you'll ramp off the car, and end up optop of the roof of the next elevation (or whatever). You'll fall a little, and will be inside the ceiling of the parking garage (you can see through the "floor"). From there, you can walk, drive around, and stuff. To exit this roof/ceiling space, one must drive off the top elevation ramp, or drive around the ramps (on roof) and the junk around them.
By p601k
Registration Days Posts
I found an amazing trick! Find a cop car that is in regular traffic, now shoot the driver with ONE shot, this is important becouse else it will not work! The other cop will get out of the car, shoot him too. Get in the car and drive, you will notice it drives like a pudding. That is becouse the game hasn´t made the car material yet. You can use it to drive through other cars in traffic except the coppers and parked cars, and you can drive through walls now! But DONT make a jump, when you land you will sink through the ground!
When you do touch a cop car or a parked car, the car will change to more normal, you can´t drive through walls and cars anymore, but still through garbage containers, gates that you normally can´t drive through like to Bisshops house and more of those things.
When you use this trick, go to the test track and escape from it, you drive in a city without cops. You can still do missions then.

@Sirloin, How to make a wheelie :?:
By Sirloin
Registration Days
Pull back on the nunchuck.
By emmetmcl
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
When you play the game in the Playstation 3, TK seems to have a twitch.

Video of glitch:
In the PC safehouse, if you walk against the left wall while going down the highest batch of steps, he'll trip and fall down the steps.

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4