Nickel and Dime:
- You'll fail the mission, if TK dies or gets arrested.
- There are no mission checkpoints.
- "Blondie - One Way Or Another" is always played at the beginning of the mission.
- If the robber dies or is left behind, that is: arrested (this can also be achieved by reentering your vehicle from the passenger side and then either driving away or killing him: funny as hell! ), you'll be prompted to directly drive to the garage at Hunt's Point - but of course, you won't get your 100 $, then.
- The wrecked Wayfarer and Zartex from the opening cutscene are still there: right behind you from the starting point, with their dead passengers still inside. If you'd have aquired a gun (= see my next two points!), you could shoot both cars, in order to let them explode.
- You can already aquire the shotgun in this very first mission! Just get out of your vehicle with a regular cop car on your tail and pummel them both to the ground with your bare fists! Since your wanted level will raise this way, the cops will pull out shotguns instead of revolvers.
- Almost all of the cop cars in this mission are regular chasers like in free ride mode: If you escape or wreck the first one, chances are still given that another patrolling car will spawn, independently from time or mission progress; but only one at a time. If you are still escorting the robber, one cop will attack you, and the other will shoot at the robber.
- The only exception from the last point are the two cop cars creating a roadblock at the end of Broadway. This scene is scripted and triggered by crossing an invisible checkpoint near the end of Broadway - no matter of your current conditions (the only way to cut this event is by letting another cop car spawn after loosing the initial one). And since this is a set up event, you won't get into a police chase nor your wanted level would raise, even if you are right next to these scripted cops and no matter what you do. Each car has two cops getting out and chasing after you on foot, armed with revolvers. By either killing them or letting themselves kill each other through friendly fire, you'll be able to collect their revolvers - and having access to this weapon before the mission 'Gunman'.
- The three instruction hints at the beginning of this mission are time-based and therefore will always interrupt your gameplay at the same times after mission start.
- You can freely drive around the city at any time, but you won't have access to any of the three garages (only after completing 'Wheelman') nor to the safe house (only after the Bishop cutscene was played). But health packages are still placed at each of the garages.
- If you restart the mission, the in-game cutscenes will play again, but the Meat Wagon and Firetruck from the very first cutscene won't have their sirens turned on, anymore.
- You can't finish the mission with a cop on your tail.
- You'll fail the mission, if TK dies or gets arrested, if you wreck the unmodified Andec, if you damage the tuned Andec too much (= if the amount of damage equals or exceeds the one it can stand at the beginning of the mission), if you kill one of the three guys wielding speedguns.
- There are no mission checkpoints.
- Only directly after 'Nickel and Dime' there's a black Cerrano parked right next to the yellow corona, which you're advised to use for collecting Slink's car. But leaving the area, restarting the game at this point, or entering the mission corona on foot and restarting afterwards would result in the vanishing of this car. Also technically, it's not treated as yours, because damaging or getting heat won't be saved to the one you'll have access to after the mission at the garage.
- If you restart the mission, there won't be patrolling cops anymore, even if you'd attack a pedestrian, which makes the first part a lot easier.
- It doesn't matter, if the Andec receives more damage or heat, as long as you bring it to the garage without a tail.
- During the garage tutorial, if you select an option that is not highlighted, Ray would be a bit angry with you. He'd make three different comments, which would repeat from your fourth "mistake" onwards. They're the same each time, except for the part where you're supposed to tune the engine.
- If you attack one of the three speedgun guys, they won't fight back, obviously for being armed with a very unique weapon.
- Slinks comments on either passing or failing a speed test, are completely random: He has a set of about five positive and about ten negative comments.
- It doesn't matter, from which direction you're passing the checkpoint marks, or if you'd jump out of your vehicle shortly before reaching the line (I'm loving it!), as long as you meet the required speed each time.
- If you have completed the mission 'Gunman' first, Slink will comment a bit differently at the end of this mission. Also, you'd directly be placed to La Guardia afterwards, instead (which would normally happen directly after 'Gunman').
- Only with the successful completion of this mission you'll have access to the garages - not directly after the tutorial and failing on the last part.
Statistics: Posted by Peacock — Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am