Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By madness
Driver wrote:Hi, please send me links, because I don't know where I can find them :)
I beleave your talking about the Background Music from = http://www.drivermadness.p4h.biz/main/v ... c.php?t=99 (Ingame music) Thread.

Sadly when I went to upload this the router on where I went wasn't performing very well only leaving speeds of up to 2kb a second meaning I had less chance of uploading there than I do upload it here with 4kb a second on dialup. Where I go to get broadband they said they are going to get a new router to fix the problem and lets hope it will all be working to fix the problem.

---

This is a copy of the PM I though I'll just post it so you all know whats going on and why I didn't post links yesterday. I must say my luck always appears to be low all the time, everysingle time I go to do something something is always in the way which is quite annoying. Anyways lets hope I can upload it tommorow :D If not i'll try uploading it on dial-up although it will take about 6 hours to upload so i'd rather wait till I can find a working broadband connection to upload these files with.
So I'm going back their tommorow and lets hope it working :D
By Driver
Registration Days Posts
Ok topic closed, I found what I was looking for. Thank you for your devotion to the cause.
By madness
Where did you find this?
Anyways if you have I still have those secret music tracks :D
And the connection should be all fixed up by the end of this week so I can upload the files for everyone else :D
By Driver
Registration Days Posts
Inside attachment:

Music Extractor.cab
driv3r_xa_unpack.exe -> ..\Driv3r\Territory\Europe\Locale\English\Music
driv3r_gsd_unpack.exe -> ..\Driv3r\Territory\Europe\Locale\English\Sounds

ToWav Music Converter.cab
towav.exe & ConvAll.bat -> ..\Driv3r\Music

Enjoy! Big thanks for russian programmers!
By madness
WOW! I can't beleave I wasted my time converting them all the hard way; I guess I can always convert the Driver 2 files for everyone :D

I must thank you for the very good find, now I don't really have to worry about uploading 30MB of music and with this little tool people can't rip off these tracks without owning the game :D

Anyways I'm unable to try the program now due to my crap mouse; it hard to use those balled things; so i'm using TAB to do everything and it's annoying. And it's diffucult using ZIP with no mouse :S

Anyways I'll test it in the next few days :D when I find my wireless optical which went missing :(
By JAY
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
The tools work fine. Unfortunately there is no importer. So I can't put in my own music. But great find anyway.
By madness
JAY wrote:The tools work fine. Unfortunately there is no importer. So I can't put in my own music. But great find anyway.
If they could export it they mostble can import it, they just need to make a progra, which does the opposite to what it does now.

Most of the time if you can do it one way you can do it the other way.
By Lseven7
:D great tool, just a bit hard to figure out how to use :s. do those russian programmers have anything else up their sleeves that can help with figuring out how do mod d3?

and could someone please post the names
of the tracks (if there are any) because 1-51 is a bit confusing.

ps what is the point of
Driver wrote:Inside attachment:

Music Extractor.cab

i get an error when i run them :( .

I had them round the wrong way :roll:

When I got them round the right way however, i got a big list of wave files that need a codec that cant be found on m/s website or wmplugins?!?
By madness
lseven7 wrote:When I got them round the right way however, i got a big list of wave files that need a codec that cant be found on m/s website or wmplugins?!?
Now I still haven't gotten to testing out this little application, but I guess since this is an russian application it could be using codec's more common to them.
lseven7 wrote:and could someone please post the names
I was going to create a list on that pack I was going to release, but I never got down to doing it. However when I get the time I'll create a table for this one.
By JAY
lseven7 wrote::D great tool, just a bit hard to figure out how to use :s. do those russian programmers have anything else up their sleeves that can help with figuring out how do mod d3?

and could someone please post the names

ps what is the point of
Driver wrote:Inside attachment:

Music Extractor.cab

i get an error when i run them :( .

I had them round the wrong way :roll:

When I got them round the right way however, i got a big list of wave files that need a codec that cant be found on m/s website or wmplugins?!?
Use VLC Media Player. Windows Media Player has problems with some files.
By Lseven7
JAY wrote:

Whats VLC? I'd preffer to stay with media player if possible. Does anyone know of a conversion program so they can be mp3 or wma instead??
By madness
Try "Media Monkey" Media Monkey is everything a Media Player needs to be, in can convert to all types of formats and It runs those files perfectly, I just got to playing them all.

If you wish to Download Media Monkey you can download it from http://www.download.com/MediaMonkey/300 ... ag=lst-0-1

Alternativly you can use VLC Media Player which can be downloaded from http://www.download.com/VLC-Media-Playe ... ag=lst-0-1
By JAY
lseven7 wrote:
JAY wrote:

Whats VLC? I'd preffer to stay with media player if possible. Does anyone know of a conversion program so they can be mp3 or wma instead??
I recommend VLC because it can play every format of video or music files. So when Media Player has problems with playing a file try it with VLC. And it will work. :D
By madness
now we just need to find someone who can do the opposite and allow us to import our own files. So we can replace those sounds with our own.

So then we can make the cops say stilly things like, "hey, tanner... you know you shouldn't be banging me. You discusting freak" :D you could make it that a cop says that when they usually say this is your last warning when your try and shoot the police in the first mission :D

And instead or grunting noises we should be able to add farting noises, so then we can add a bit of laughter to the game :D
By T.K.
The way to prperly extract music is by taking a knife and cutting the part of the disk with the music on it.
Congrats you have a 1/5 disk with the music on it
And tanner's house.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Wow, refuge of the brute! why would you destroy the disk, i know it was just a flippant comment, but you shouldn't even joke about destroying D3.

Maybe you could however, copy the disc before using the aformentioned destructive method on the copy and see how that works for you.

Second option i think would be to search stores for the soundtrack and by that, or maybe just look through the back of the manual, identify the songs and download them... Just a suggestion.
Extracting In-game music & SFX from Driv3r PS2?

Hello I am trying to Extract all of the In-Game sound effects and soundtrack music from Driver 3 for the PS2 but i'm faced with a problem, there is this giant Archive file on the PS2 disk. its DRIVER3.IMG and everything I need is inside this file. Now I know yall are talking about extracting the soundtrack from the PC version of Driver but is it possible to extract it from the PS2 version as well? I apologize if I may be hijacking a thread but the subject matches what i'm trying to achive. now I own this disc, I bought it used from Game stop. All I want to do is rip the soundtrack from my own copy and listen to it and watch the videos, I dont want to download them already ripped I would like to rip them myself. Here is what I see when I put the PS2 disk into my PC.
the DRIVER3.IMG File seen above is what i'm trying to open. There is a MODULES folder as well with a bunch of IRX files as seen below.
There is another IMG file here but Im not sure what its for.
Any idea on how to extract the sounds, music and possibly the movies? ive tried just about every .IMG program out there and none of them work. Please help.
Thanks for your help

If this post is in the wrong place for any reason I apologize and ill start a new thread.
By PostalDude
Driver3.img is the main file.All gamedata is inside that IMG. The IRX files are dummies or are system files.The other IMG is a system file also.
By max.thunder
PostalDude wrote:Driver3.img is the main file.All gamedata is inside that IMG. The IRX files are dummies or are system files.The other IMG is a system file also.
Extract the music and the video scenes is easier in the PC version(in my opinion)
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
max.thunder wrote:
PostalDude wrote:Driver3.img is the main file.All gamedata is inside that IMG. The IRX files are dummies or are system files.The other IMG is a system file also.
Extract the music and the video scenes is easier in the PC version(in my opinion)

I know its probably easier but I dont have the PC version. is there a way to open this file like using an extractor? so far everything ive tried has failed unless im missing that one little program that someone has secretly made that deals with this file. that would be very helpful. thanks
By max.thunder
cd1234 wrote:
max.thunder wrote:

I know its probably easier but I dont have the PC version. is there a way to open this file like using an extractor? so far everything ive tried has failed unless im missing that one little program that someone has secretly made that deals with this file. that would be very helpful. thanks
I think that this can help you
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
[/quote]
I think that this can help you[/quote]

I've tried that already and it couldnt open it. any other ideas? I'm basically gonna post this question to every forum on the net that deals with ripping music from games. im posting this issue over on fileforums. I hope I get replies and help.
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
bb_42001 wrote:try WinMount link: http://www.winmount.com/ It can open IMG files and it mounts them like a CD also its only a trial but for some reason mine is stuck on 30days left but hopefully this works, good luck
Nope no dice. it says: (Error Message, Red X) operation failed. anything else?
ive tried winimage dragon unpacker . pretty much every program that deals with IMG files but none of them could open them. I have Game extractor but it needs a plugin for this archive.
By bb_42001
it could be it may be an IMg file but it is specially coded to be read only by a PS2?

EDIT: I just had an idea, maybe you are going about this wrong, instead of trying to read it why don't you just burn it to another disk? like use a program like Nero, or IMGburn or something. And if one, or all of the programs don't work you would of figured out it is specially encoded only to be read by a PS2. I suggest you try using DVD Decrypter first, anyway let us know how you go ok?

bb42001

Noodles

By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
bb_42001 wrote:it could be it may be an IMg file but it is specially coded to be read only by a PS2?

EDIT: I just had an idea, maybe you are going about this wrong, instead of trying to read it why don't you just burn it to another disk? like use a program like Nero, or IMGburn or something. And if one, or all of the programs don't work you would of figured out it is specially encoded only to be read by a PS2. I suggest you try using DVD Decrypter first, anyway let us know how you go ok?
well if none of the programs ive tried couldnt handle this file then how is burning it to another disc gonna help anything? this file is an archive file and not a CD image. but there must be some way of opening this file. is there such a program that will open anything regardless of the format of the file and then Blahhh everything is right there. I think this game had too many folders and it caused problems. I took a look at the SLUS file from this game and I got a few more clues. the music files are.XA files and the videos are in some weird format ending with .Xmv so I guess the movies are out of the question. Im poking around the SLUS file and I do see a mention of the DRIVER3.IMG file but most is all random code but theres understandable words. is there a way I can send you this file? maybe one of these files can be used to make an extractor program or something. even a command line program where you type in: (program name here) extract Driver3.img slus_205.87 (any other file thats needed to open the large file) (Destination folder here) and it loads all the needed files and a few hours later theres a bunch of files and folders sitting in thahe chosen destination folder. even a prog like that. im not that dumb when it comes to computers but im not a programmer. I can send the other img file too not the large one though.
I did try the prog you sent me a link to and as I already said it didnt work. i've posted this issue on about a dozen forums all over the net and i'm ready to make a youtube video about this.
By bb_42001
i suggested burning because some programs handle this function a different way, and a IMG file can be burnt so the files a there when you insert the disk, i have a copy of driver3 for ps2, but i gave it to my friend so i will borrow it off him again and try and help you.

bb42001

Noodles

By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
bb_42001 wrote:i suggested burning because some programs handle this function a different way, and a IMG file can be burnt so the files a there when you insert the disk, i have a copy of driver3 for ps2, but i gave it to my friend so i will borrow it off him again and try and help you.
Thanks I would really appreciate that as this is puzzling me here, I mean I want to hear all of the sounds and music out-of-game IE on my computer. and yes ive heard that some CD/DVD burning programs handle IMG files but I dont normally do that, burn CDs or DVDs and when I did it was basically data backup and I burned as data. I used the one that came with my computer I think its is in fact Nero.
By cleone
When I get Driver for PC I will extract the Ingame Music. Just a heads up, it will be a huge RAR.
By cd1234
Registration Days Posts
chrisl121212 wrote:When I get Driver for PC I will extract the Ingame Music. Just a heads up, it will be a huge RAR.
That would be great at least I will get what i'm after. id like the sound effects and the music and im not sure about the videos but if they can be played out of the game then include those too. I can handle RAR files so thats not a problem and I can handle Split archives I have WinRAR HJsplit and plenty of programs not a problem.

Thanks.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4