Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By used103
Registration Days Posts
Hi, I have made a cheat engine table for velocity, i know the community have been wanting some sort trainer/cheat engine table for this so i have made one.

Came across a few issues:
*if you're using the 18 wheeler the velocity comes from the actual trailer so make sure you hook it up to your vehicle first!
*I haven't fully tested this but for now it only works on player's vehicle (if you steal car it won't work but only the one you spawn with)
*this is just a really basic table i have yet to find the value that will have affect on anything driven.
*you can set your own increased value but i must warn you too high of value and the game will not cope and crash (but only happens when you set silly values)

Now for the features:
*has a preset hotkey "B" default its the burnout key, it can be changed if preferred would recommend the same key you use as acceleration.
*has close to cop speed as default, you can change the values yourself just make sure you change both to the same & always set to increase.
*this is compatible with V1.0 I haven't tried V1.1 but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work.
*I am not sure what versions of Cheat Engine you can use but this what created on Cheat Engine 6.4 (64 bit)

The link: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=D56446E4 ... E724%21228

I hope you enjoy this cheat table i made, I will be working on other things too so look forward to sharing with you guys! Have fun! :specialdriver:
By WhiteSnoop
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Nice trick you got there.
Anyways I found a better pointer you should add:

First one : "Driv3r.exe"+004AC3F0 + 20 + 598 + 41c + 634 + 98
2nd one : "Driv3r.exe"+004AC3F0 + 20 + 598 + 41c + 634 + 90

This would also work for different cars you pick up.
If the pointer is not working, I got 24 different pointers we could chose, but this one seems to work on all levels
(issue now is that 18 wheel doesnt work at all, but rest does, gonna find that out later)
By used103
Registration Days Posts
great find! :) I was going to download the patch to 2.0 and get the pointer scans but you have found them, when i was experimenting with pointer scan's the 18 wheeler would either have a self moving trailer or they'd be no effect, haven't tried with 2.0 yet but probably going to have same results as 1.0.

I can now begin to start looking at pointer scan's for other things now like car health freezing for driving games and undercover :mrgreen:
By WhiteSnoop
Yeah the 18 wheeler got me confused, not a single solid pointer that always points to the truck itself.
Anyways, I have been trying to do speed modifications with cheat engine and never found them.
How did you succeed on doing so if I may ask?

EDIT: Also, make the table to make a full stop like decreasing the value with like 4000000
I did this and it makes it very handy going from insane speed to a stop. (my increase is 1600000)
By used103
Registration Days Posts
basically if its a 4 byte value what i do this tends to work with most games, drive forwards increase value as you speed up, decrease value as you speed down, (always do it in the same direction like north for instance until value is found) easiest method is i set hot-key for both the increase and decreased so i don't have to keep tabbing out on games.

next you'll probably end up with around maybe 60-200 values basically all you have to do now shift and click highlight lots of the values and keep freezing them, avoid the ones that have really high values because it may freeze the game initially then you back to square one again.

you'll end up with value but this the trick the value you find will actually effect your north and south velocity, now you'll have to do a separate 4 byte scan for the east or south it doesn't matter which because it has the effects for both east and south, one important thing i forgot mention is that never go into reverse it just doesn't pick up the value what so ever, so you gotta keep braking and going forwards and repeat the process again like you did with the first directional value.

most other games you can just find wheel speed value and that be enough using float, but driv3r doesn't use the float method for even velocity so its all 4byte's, it would be much easier if it used float value instead of byte's because you could reverse go in any direction ect..

I hope this make sense (Y)
By used103
Registration Days Posts
I got the other direction functioning here's the pointer scan to add! :D

"driv3r.exe"+004AC3F0 + 90 + 643 + 41c + 598 + 20
By used103
Registration Days Posts
Update guys!

discovered an issue with film director, i think the address work differently so it will replay with normal speed so it will screw up. (most probably not fixable)

*effects most vehicles and now works when you steal a vehicle.
*Adjusted vehicle velocity to a better a effect and now has been changed to arrow key up.
*should work on every game mode! undercover, survival ect...
*updated so it works only with the v2.0 patch now.

Heres the link: http://1drv.ms/1tG0rBB
By WhiteSnoop
used103 wrote: discovered an issue with film director, i think the address work differently so it will replay with normal speed so it will screw up. (most probably not fixable)
Thats right, you cannot fix it since the film editor does not save each detail. It merely saves the hotkeys you've pressed for that time.
If you use the hotkey in film editor, you will see that the replay is also different. Because it does stuff that is not supposed to happen

Also on how you found it; Thats exactly how I do my stuff. I've come up with some stuff that amaze some people. When they ask how I did it, I can only tell that I sorta tested all the results.
:D
By Fireboyd78
This reminds me of the many cheat tables I have for Driv3r. I should release them...lol
By WhiteSnoop
CarLuver69 wrote:This reminds me of the many cheat tables I have for Driv3r. I should release them...lol
You should mayne, that FOV sorta hack was cool

We should make an uber cheat table out of it. That would be epic.
used103 wrote: most other games you can just find wheel speed value and that be enough using float, but driv3r doesn't use the float method for even velocity so its all 4byte's, it would be much easier if it used float value instead of byte's because you could reverse go in any direction ect..
Yes it seems driver uses allot of 4byte values. Even the position adresses contain them.
Float is definitely a better way, but well atleast we can edit it :)
By VAIMAHDO
This is most certainly an experience enhancer. Nothing is more fun then annihilating vehicles in your little car and getting to your destination in a mere few seconds. Thanks for this mod, and welcome back to Driver Madness! We can truly see the realism DRIV3R has to offer and how much it could have pushed the hardware it was designed for over it's limits. Disappointingly though the engine it runs on crashes when traveling over a certain speed.
By used103
Registration Days Posts
I have been looking in to the gears too! of course they don't really function to well when you try to change the gears yourself, however came across some interesting value's in the memory region.

I still need to do a lot but how the car was behaving told me they possibly Gear up and down time + how long the gear was, the value one down from the gears in the memory region was pretty interesting, seems to be how much grunt the car sound has, though value changed significant and it would be really bugy while i was looking for random 4byte values in the memory region.

There was no increase in top speed so there is probably a separate value initially for that, like a limiter of some sort. (the car would get to top speed in a lower rpm range rather then detecting the normal rpm range then locking the car speed.) My objective is to try and make values that you can actually adjust car's behavior, gears, handling, suspension ect...
By Fireboyd78
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Can someone explain cheat tables? I'm more of a GTA modder so I don't really know sh*t :?
They're basically what Cheat Engine uses to save data.
By VAIMAHDO
Hmm, that's odd. I had posted something here earlier, where is it? Oh well, it appears to be lost. As I stated:
Wow! This truly makes DRIV3R far more fun to play, and we can see just how realistic the game is by observing how the game engine handles these excessive speeds. It feels as if the game was designed to handle speeds around these intense speeds, but due to massive downgrading in development, the engine can no longer handle intense speeds that exceed a certain but possibly random speed. It raises questions, just the way DRIV3R handles this mod is just far to interesting not to think about. Thanks for the mod by the way, I will be making a silly video with it after "A Decimated Heart". :)
By VoitureDemolique
Registration Days Posts
I'm loving this. I can't wait to find out the new possibilities we can unlock with this. I like the idea of manual gearchanges (but I don't think that's what you were getting at), and disabling shooting cops in survival / infinite health survival. I wonder what great things we can do here.
By DatDirtyBananas
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
No tutorial? :( I'd like to see how insane it gets with fast cars flying and exploding when they smash into a building really hard :lol:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]