[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
The Driver Syndicate - Project - Page 9 - Driver Madness

Information: We're currently in the process of upgrading our forums to be compatible with PHP 7.2 -- many features are still currently broken. Thank you for your patience!
General discussion for the DRIVER series.
By Vortex
I played the demo Yesterday. It was great !
The feelings of the car are just like the old Driver one, the city is bigger than the last demo i played (the first one) and the visuals are improved too !

The pursuit is very difficult without a map, i tried a few times but i keep failing ! :D
Is there an online version ? I remember that the first demo has it or something like that.

Keep going the good work !
Hi me again :)

I sent some 3dsmax models about rio and miami era. Sadly there is no answer from author and other participants of this project but I decided to send some textures about havana style. There are shops, old style windows, roads, grasses, walls, road signs, sea etc. They could be useful. Here is link =>

http://www.dosya.tc/server6/h4ei3q/textures.rar.html

Have a nice day :)
By cleone
This is looking to be so sick! Keep it up
By Krishty
Great gameplay. I like the physics especially; they allow proper rollovers. Driver & Driver 2 used polar angles for physics, and thus had problems with Gimbal Lock.

A suggestion for menus: The animations are pretty, but they cause lots of latency (you can spot the next item to choose only after a one-second animation played). If another keystroke is registered while a menu animation plays, the animation should abort and the menu should be presented in its final state. Normal users won't notice a difference, but those of us who are in a hurry can walk through the menu much much faster.

Apart from that, I enjoy every release. Keep 'em coming! (Y)
By Krishty
You're welcome. But now that I read it again, I need to correct myself: It wasn't polar angles (as the cars obviously lean while driving curves) but Euler angles.

Anyway. Driver Syndicate does it better :)

P.S.: The copyright notice still says "2015". I recommend using __DATE__ :) And the console doesn't close when it's open while the car is wrecked.
By Krishty
Could it be the collision volumes for the cars are too big? Every so often I drive close to other cars, and my eyes say "no problem", but the car crashes bad.

In the beginning, I thought I was just a bad driver, but now I suspect the cars are 5–10 cm wider that they look …
By 65comet
I finally registered here so I could tell you how awesome the demo is! I'm a huge fan of the first two Driver games, and this game evokes the atmosphere of both of them perfectly. The physics and handling are excellent, maybe even better than the old games, and I love the way the graphics and art assets are done. It really reminds me of the old Driver games except with the polish of much more modern rendering and shading. I can't wait to see what comes next. If I had to suggest new vehicles to add, you should add more station wagons and compacts to traffic, like a big mid-70s Ford Country Squire and of course the Ford Pinto, or AMC Pacer and Gremlin for compact cars. Keep up the good work
By cleone
Are you planning on including controller and wheel support?
By itchyboy
The demo is very nice. It brings back the nostalgia from the 1st and especially the 2nd game. I absolutely can't wait for modding. I have so many of my car models I could port into the game. They might be new cars but I think a mod could work out for such vehicles.

I specialize in emergency vehicles though, not civilian vehicles. I assume it will probably be just the same.

Perhaps bring back this vehicle from D2 Chicago?

What are the tehcnical specs in regards to the models btw? Polycounts? Use of spec/bump maps, or the number of textures used? I am in the the position to donate one or two models from my existing range, unfortunately it is mostly emergency service vehicles.
Last edited by itchyboy on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yep, 911 First Responders is known as Emergency 4 outside of the US. Great game, a buddy of mine is a huge fan of it.
"This game has a lot of potential as being a continuation of the series now that Ubi has decided to kil the IP."
Exactly my thoughts, SOAP is more or less Driver's savior.
Funnily enough, 2002-2003 is around the time I got hooked on the Driver series also.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 9 of 11
  • 325 posts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]