Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
Any ideas for the story of the new Driver? Please could somebody else start. I don't like starting things like these. Also, give some ideas for mini games if possible, and if it'll be like DPL with no menus or will it be like D3 with menus? I look forward to seeing what you can come up with!
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Well for story, I want it to continue after Driv3r but I want some aspects from Driver 2 to return as well (Vasquez) Basically a 3 way battle between Tanner/Jones, Jericho, and Vasquez.

The question of menu's or no menu's is difficult. On one hand, the linear fashion of the first three Driver's is outdated but the thought of Tanner in a open world game is a little strange. My opinion would probally change with time so yeah "no menus" like DPL.

Minigames: There have to be lots. If its a character like TK then pretty much bring back all the minigames from DPL and add a few but if it's Tanner then changes need to be made.
There should be police gun/shooting training, car training/drills, racing (circuit/street) and other cop/wheelman related things. Also, bring back all the driving games from the first three games. Bring back the tokens from DPL just don't make them look like stars...

Online play would be nice and it's probally going to happen but then maybe the Film Director won't appear so it could go either way. Lot's of cars and garages with customization and the character should only be allowed to hold/carry 2-3 weapons at a time.

I suppose I'll get into more details later...
By PinkFloydJackson
Registration Days
Opening Scene

It's show 2 pairs of feet walking down a coridor (Music - Erik Mongrain / Timeless
Somebody walk into a room and sit down. It's Tanner, someone hands him a file he browses through it and says "It will be done." He walks out of the room. It then shows you a view of the city and in the way said above it says. Undisclosed Location 1999. It then shows you the out side of some apartments. It then shows you inside of the new main charectors room he is lying on the bed. Then a voice narrates

David Martin Born 5th of April 1981. Born in Scotland came here at the age of 15. His Father did when he wa 16, He got into crime when he was seventeen and now at the age 0f 18 with his mother just died the only person he has left in the world is TK. His brother, I should really say step brother. His Dad qwnt to America before he meet his wife and well left his mark. But with TK behind bars Dave dosn't have much to live for, So he thought he would make things more interesting.
The screen fades you hear a car engine reving. You see the rev dial going up then theres nothing but the headlamps. You have a burn out start then it shows you going so fast that everything is blured (Like in DPL).
Then it says UBISOFT REFLECTIONS introduce (Blah, Blah, Blah) then it say DRIVER WHEELMAN'S CIRCLE

That's the first scene. I think the first mission should be the same as Driver 1's first mission.
One u complete it am man hands u a lottery ticket and says "This is tonights winning ticket, we'll be in touch" Wins the lottery and starts employeing other wheelmen to make himself a business a Wheelman's Circle if you will. Tanner is one of the wheelmen working undercover to gain information. TK gets out and joins aswell. Several other driver become part of it to. Then Vasquas (From the old driver's) comes to you with a business propesision, to kill of Lenny (Also from old Driver)he asks u because he is constantly watching Vasquez's every move. You kill Lenny and then go on a trip to Baghdadwith Tanner to make an arms deal. (Tanner is a back up) Driver.
Meanwhile Vasquez offers TK the opertuinity to kill Ray all he had to do was Kill his brother. He accepts, kills Ray and waits fo your return.
In Baghdad Tanner got the army to come to get you big gun fight then Jericho shots Tanner out of a window Tanner dies. You get back and Jericho comes to you saying how he knew about the rat in his business and wanted to be his Bdyguard. You let him then TK says Vasquez wants a meeting you go with him, It soon becomes aparent that TK and Vasquez are working together so you go and buy Corigan off Maria and bring him to the meeting. They (Like in Driver 2) pull their guns out on eachother and then a Police helicopter is heard Jericho pushs Vasquez back and shots TK you and Jericho run off without Corigan. The helicopter lands it was Vasquez's men he says just to leave Corigan and that TK was dead he flys off. Then Corigan gets on his knees over TK's body and screams with happyness. It then shows you and Jericho on the couch watching the news Corigan is talking about how he was captured Blah,Blah,Blah You turn round and say to Jericho want to go for a drink he says let's go. You both get up and leave the room.

TRAILER:
Black Screen, (Music. Almost Cut My Hair/Crosby, Stills and Nash) It shows Tanner sitting in a cafe having lunch and David walking down the street. TK is in a car by the side of the road. And u hear the other characters voices scream and then it fades back to black then writing appears saying "Let the Games Begin, Driver Wheelman's Cirlce" Engine revs.

POSSIBLE FEATURES
In dash view
Passengers/ Be a Passenger
More things to do with your money
Extort Business' and then have them took off you by rivals
A Multiplayer mode where everyone is just thrown in the city (All money taken away and all safehouses/ Business' lost You have to win them before the other rivals
Hand to Hand Combat
Better shotting system
Over 100 vehicels and editional forms of transpot such as planes, boats, train
Choose charectors clothing
FULLY customizable vehicals (Like in Need For Speed Carbon)
In car radio with news readers talking about crime in the area. And it could have your music on it.
Cool menus
A Mobile Phone
Computers for your business' security music and downloadible locations for secrets cars, rivals etc
Shops selling cloths, Cars, Guard Dogs, etc and customization on car shops
Gym- Makes you more powerful

Possible Controls
Playstation 3 controls
I have stolen alot of ideas lol
Driving-
R2- Gas
L2- Brake
R1- Shoot
L1- Lock On
R3- Look around
R3 Press- Get Back in Car After Shooting
L3- Steer
L3 Press- Horn
L1, L2, R1, R2- Thrill Cam
Triangle- Get Out Car
Square- Start Recording
Circle- Stop Recording
X - Action Button
Up Button- Change Song Up
Down Button- Change Song Down
Left Button/ Right Button- Change Weapon
Six Axis Left/Right - Steer
Six Axis Up- Nitro
Six Axis Down - Hand Brake

On Foot
X- Action Button/ Grab Ledge
Square- Start Recording
Circle- Stop Recording
Triangle- Enter Vehicel, door etc and Drop from ledge
L3/R3- Move/Camera Angle
R1- Shoot
L1- Lock On
L2- Crouch
R2- Jump (Move six axis to choose what direction you move in)
Left/Right Buttons- Change Weapon
Up/Down Button- Get out/Conseal weapon
Select- Phone (Includes map and other features)
Start- Pause Menu

Fighting System and Shooting System should be the same as The Godfather Game's

That's all I'm putting in right now.
By Driver-4.com
Registration Days Avatar
a lot of sh*t yea :D the only game I know in wich you aacelerate with R2 is Nascar 06 and that's sick :D

However, if you want we can put this on our site (www[dot]driver-4[dot]com) in the story section (www[dot]driver-4[dot]com[slash]story[dot]html)

If you want us to put these things on our site, you also have to choice if you want to have a link to your website, if you want your name to be there, …

Tell us !

ps: no I'm not a spammer, it's just that i have to make at least 2 posts and to be here for at least 1 day but we aren't so I posted the link in that form.
By Sedans
Coyote your link doesn't work. And I guess we couldn't do anything forum related until next weekend becasue you never messaged me on MSN.
By madness
Sedans wrote:Coyote your link doesn't work. And I guess we couldn't do anything forum related until next weekend becasue you never messaged me on MSN.
The link didn't work because Coyote signed up for a new account and you have to make at least two legit posts, along with a days waiting period until anyone can post real links. I've taken this measure to stop spammers as you know.

So where it says dot change it to a dot ".".

PinkFloydJackson wrote:TRAILER:
Black Screen, (Music. Almost Cut My Hair/Crosby, Stills and Nash) It shows Tanner sitting in a cafe having lunch and David walking down the street. TK is in a car by the side of the road. And u hear the other characters voices scream and then it fades back to black then writing appears saying "Let the Games Begin, Driver Wheelman's Cirlce" Engine revs.
I'm not sure about screaming in a driver game! Dosen't feel right!
But with the beggining of "Let the games begin" sounds somewhat different, could be an interesting form of action in this particular title.
PinkFloydJackson wrote:Cool menus
Yeah, maybe like DIRT.
I hear there hiring a new team member which will focus on their menu system. There previous menu systems seem a little boring.

Gym- Makes you more powerful
This is more of a driving game rather than a game like San Andreas.
I think that Reflections want to keep the game at least 90% driving now!
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Well PinkFloydJackson. A lot of thought there. I'll put my full idea on eventually i promise. Controls, sixty missions, characters locations maps concept art, the lot of it.
By Coyote
Why not 95% driving ? :P

Well sedans I never see you on msn last time ...
By Daltarin-Elite
Why not 95% driving ?
Well... My idea is maybe about 70% driving unfortunatly. I've put the idea more to what an undercover cop would actually do. He is still the driver though, so it still earns the title.
By Coyote
Hmm… :/

Driver 1 was 100% driving. I think 95% driving would be good, and the other 5% are when you change your car lol
By Daltarin-Elite
Driver 1 was 100% driving. I think 95% driving would be good, and the other 5% are when you change your car lol
Crap. Well i think it's good anyway.
By T.K.
I think the next one should have T.K. and Tanner as reluctant partners. The controls should be the same as D:PL. That was simple for me, and that's how it should continue in every Driver title. We should have a small amount of weapons on hand, presumably a pistol and a rifle/shotgun for each character.
Tanner: Silver H&K USP, H&K MP5 (very German)
T.K.: Black Beretta M9, Colt M16-A3
It should be set in Atlanta, Georgia

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4