[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
PS or PC? - Page 2 - Driver Madness

Information: We're currently in the process of upgrading our forums to be compatible with PHP 7.2 -- many features are still currently broken. Thank you for your patience!
Discussion for Driver: You are the Wheelman (1999) - aka Driver 1

Where do you preffer playing Driver1?

Computer
53%
Playstation
47%
By Razor440
By helegad
I haven't seen the Hollywood sign yet... I have seen the Statue of Liberty in New York though. Is the SoL in the PSX version? I haven't checked.
By Razor440
By somebodynamed
the ps1 version felt slow to me, even with epsxe at 4x cpu clock. i prefer 50 fps 1024x768 over 30 fps 320x240 any day! pc version is way better
By LoneWerewolf
Thanks to the music, and gameshark codes, I'd choose PSX version over the PC. Besides, the console edition has those classic Driver textures. On PC, it looks very artificial.
By somebodynamed
i'm gonna list differences i noticed, listed them in random orders, whatever came to my mind first, there are lots of differences

-more traffic car variety

-no chase and night music

-more cheats

-infinite mass mode (aka freight train)

-rain and thunder sounds

-faster gameplay

-more colorful color pallet for traffic

-car selection

-better framerate

-traffic has no engine sounds

-heavier traffic

-super fly drive starts at dusk instead of night

-new police radio

-access to new castle (via cheats menu)

-felony and damage bars don't flash when high

-peds use 3d models

-car horn is a constant loop

-smoother textures

-different spawn locations

-carnage driving game

-new car reflections

-different car handling

-dispatch voice in some missions (all units in pursuit of the target vehicle)

-dynamic lights for headlights and police lights

-new skybox

-more detailed cities (buildings in the background etc.)

-new police icons on radar

-traffic cars use separate horn sound instead of player's

-higher resolution splash screen and menus

-police lights animation are slower to sync with the siren

-new player car models

-more film director options

-car park and desert training levels have their own music track instead of other cities'

-chase on a monorail mission starts right next to the tram instead of at your motel

-higher resolution overlay map

-can skip splash screens

-LA uses it's own skybox instead of NY's

-more player vehicles vehicles (jaguar Thunderbird etc.)

-bust out jean paul mission uses a van instead of a police car

-more lights in LA

-peds walk faster

-peds turn their heads and look at your car when walking by

-music when inside your motel

-Hollywood sign in LA

-speedometer

-rear view mirror

-new atmosphere (feels brighter)

obviously I prefer the PC version as you can see from all the improvements, it was also the first version of the game i played, it's on my favorite platform, and still works on modern pc's
Last edited by somebodynamed on Sun May 22, 2016 11:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 2 of 2
  • 40 posts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]