Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
By Coyote
Ok so I have a Windows 7 emulator and I'm thinking of getting Driver 1 for PC to be able to run it easily on my Mac.

I have another Mac on which I will install the Mac version of Driver 1 but I need to install another OS first which is damn annoying because it seems like I need reformat my hard drive and there's 80 GB of stuff on there and I don't know where to move it at the moment, which makes the whole situation damn annoying. It's also annoying because I was hoping to be able to run the game on my current Mac, but the Mac emulators of older Macs that I've got don't emulate the 3D video card or something like that, so impossible to play the game. And I hate the fact I have to go to the other Mac, I mean it's put away somewhere and I don't want to take it out every time.

So yeah. I've been told that Driver 1 works fine on Windows. Is that true? I'm hoping it could run on my emulator too, this is too damn annoying I just want to play the game. Plus I had huge plans, I wish the Mac version worked easier. *sigh*
By Olanov
I have had no problem running my copy of Driver 1 on Windows 7, 64 bit so far. I bet it has something to do with the emulator screwing up somwhere.
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Ditto. The only caveat I've had is that the music won't play at all. Also, if you have a widescreen monitor, then the game will look stretched.
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
DRIVER 1 RODA NO WINDOWS 7 : SIM ! TESTADO E COMPROVADO OBS: SE NÃO FUNCIONAR MUDE A COMPATIBILIDADE PARA WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 3 .

TRANSLATION: Driver 1 on Windows 7: YES! Tested and proven! NOTE: If it does not work, try changing compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3
~CL
By PostalDude
driverever110 wrote:DRIVER 1 RODA NO WINDOWS 7 : SIM ! TESTADO E COMPROVADO OBS: SE NÃO FUNCIONAR MUDE A COMPATIBILIDADE PARA WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 3 .
SPEAKA DA ENGLISH AND LAY OFF THE CAPS LOCK KEY
By Fireboyd78
As the others have pointed out, please try to stick to using English on these forums :P

It's great to hear you got Driver 1 working! (Y)
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
PostalDude wrote:
driverever110 wrote:DRIVER 1 RODA NO WINDOWS 7 : SIM ! TESTADO E COMPROVADO OBS: SE NÃO FUNCIONAR MUDE A COMPATIBILIDADE PARA WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 3 .
FIRST:'M STILL LEARNING ENGLISH AND NEED TO ENTER THE TRANSLATOR CERTAIN THINGS AND I AM BRAZILIAN. FORGIVENESS IF I offended anyone. WITH MUCH RESPECT: driverever110 :specialdriver:

EM PRIMEIRO LUGAR: AINDA ESTOU APRENDENDO INGLES E NECESSITO DE TRADUTOR PARA ENTER CERTAS COISAS E SOU BRASILEIRO. PERDÃO SE EU OFENDI ALGUEM . COM MUITO RESPEITO: driverever110 :specialdriver:
By Olanov
First off, let me repeat for the millionth time what you missed once again: Lay off the caps lock, use English on the forums, compreende?

Second, you failed to do so completely in your last post.

With much respect,
Olanov.
By PostalDude
driverever110 wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
FIRST:'M STILL LEARNING ENGLISH AND NEED TO ENTER THE TRANSLATOR CERTAIN THINGS AND I AM BRAZILIAN. FORGIVENESS IF I offended anyone. WITH MUCH RESPECT: driverever110 :specialdriver:

EM PRIMEIRO LUGAR: AINDA ESTOU APRENDENDO INGLES E NECESSITO DE TRADUTOR PARA ENTER CERTAS COISAS E SOU BRASILEIRO. PERDÃO SE EU OFENDI ALGUEM . COM MUITO RESPEITO: driverever110 :specialdriver:
Olanov. Get dispatch on the horn. We got a major mental case/mong here.
By Olanov
PostalDude wrote:Olanov. Get dispatch on the horn. We got a major mental case/mong here.
Dispatch, a 415 just occured at a topic under Driver Series, Driver: You Are The Wheelman, over.
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Engrish use is amazing such language used for many people, please use it.
By Fireboyd78
So what if he spoke in another language? Don't attack users for speaking in any other language besides English. Kindly ask them if they could use English, but this is just totally unnecessary.

Everyone here is welcome, whether they speak English or not. If they don't speak English as their first language, they are not monsters. If they use caps lock, they are not mental.

Again, this topic is now locked. The next time this happens, there will be bans issued.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4