Old news can be found here.
By Nikusakken
Some rumors has spread on 5 December that the next Driver could be announced soon.

The Dutch website insidegamer.nl concluded that the next Driver could be announced soon, for PS3, X360 and PC. The french Driver fansite Driver-Dimension, said that this website have a wind contract with an advertising company In-Game and Ubisoft Reflections.

Some of the rumors are that the game may return to the Driver 1 roots, and it'll be released in 2009.

Source: Driver-Dimension (French).
Translated version.
Last edited by Nikusakken on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Smiler
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Thanx for the heads up Nick! :)
By T.K.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Nikusakken
I updated a little the news. But it's nothing to worry about. :wink:
By Nikusakken
Holy Sheep! The news about the next Driver are everywhere. I searched for "Driver 5" on brazilian Google and a lot of stuff apeared about the new that next Driver will come out next year. Heck... impressed!
By madness
According to Dutch-website InsideGamer Ubisoft is going to release Driver 5 next year. The game is currently being developed at Ubisoft Reflections and will be released on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Ubisoft also claims that Driver 5 will be focused more on the racing parts and less on action on foot, which was the case in the last Driver-game. Ubisoft hasn't officially announced the game yet, but is already looking for partners for in-game advertising in The Netherlands.
Ok, so it really isn't official yet.
And the Dutch-website announced it on the 4th December.
This is pretty much the same as the news post on Driver-Dimension.
The 2009 release date is most likely a guess.

We need harder evidence.
Perhaps, some research on developers/publishers looking for in-game advertisers. They could get to this stage when the game is playable, so advertisers can see where there ads are placed in the city. Or this could even happen before development.

I don't see it too much to get excited about.
Lets wait for something official from Ubisoft! :wink:
By T.K.
Yay, I can finally buy an XBOX 360. The single reason I wasn't going to was because I thought that DRIVER 4 wasn't going to be on the Xbox.

I CAN BUY POSTAL III! YAY!
By madness
We worked out the next driver was going to be out on PS3, XBOX just over a year ago and PC approximately 8 months ago.

When I first contacted Ubisoft Media Relations they said the title would be on PS3 and XBOX.

There was a news announcement around 2006 (I think), saying it would be a PS3 exclusive. But at that time developers hadn't started development.

We figured that their would be a PC release because Ubisoft were hiring experts in the field of PC game development.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4