By Coyote
I can help with…

• Photoshop
• XHTML
• XML
• HTML
• CSS
• Sound recording

Now I would like to learn PHP and C++, wich is very usefull for game programming.
By madness
I'm not sure how PHP, XHTML, XML, HTML, CSS works in a game.
But C++ is the best we need however if we were to do this we would probably use an open source engine, so not as much programming would be required.

I'm thinking, myblueocean is good at 3d modeling
Coyote is good at textures, sounds
madness is good at lowpoly 3d modeling, sound some types of programming
and we also have a few other dedicated users here so this could work.

But me I'm still busy with driver related things.
By Coyote
We could take the textures from the cars in D3R or DPL and use it for our game. And of course we would change the colors of the police cars :P

I can also work with Blender 3D, somebody told me that its possible to programm games with it, I dont know how but I'll ask him to explain.
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Coyote wrote:We could take the textures from the cars in D3R or DPL and use it for our game. And of course we would change the colors of the police cars :P

I can also work with Blender 3D, somebody told me that its possible to programm games with it, I dont know how but I'll ask him to explain.
Dont we need to know how to code java first?
By Coyote
well i dont know how java works :S
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
Well if we were to make this game, I'd like to possibly help with story or acting! I'm absolutely useless at everything else!
By madness
He was looking for
http://3das.noeska.com/
and that works but give me an error message.

"The data is invalid." What a strange message. What data ?

[hr]

I'm working on something at the moment I found a engine which is easy to use and works well with 3dmax and some other programs, only problem is It costs some money to use the proper version, so I'm going to find the cheapest price they can let me use it for.

and if this works, all we need is 3d modelers, no need for programmers or anything else and I can say I know how to 3d model. There is a little bit of programming, but it isn't all that difficult so I can probably handle that bit.

If it all works I would like to make a 3d version of that mini-game I created earlier this year. So it'll play almost similar to driver 1, but unfortunately the handling is a little unrealistic but it's still alright.

I'm thinking finally I'm on the right direction.
YAY! I might talk to the creators of his engine and see what they save about us making a open source project using there engine and the cheapest price they can offer it to us for.
By Daltarin-Elite
I'm not one for the 3d modelling, but i can draw ok, but my best stuff, in the general area of what you would be looking for, is that i'm good with ideas. When i get into the industry i'm taking the specific course at university that'll let me come up with the ideas for the games, and boss about the people who write the code... FUN!
By madness
3d modeling isn't an easy job, in fact it's very hard.
Google SketchUp simplifies the modeling idea, but isn't very powerful.
If were looking at a very powerful 3dmodeling up try XLI or 3dsMax or Maya.
Soon you just might see a Map I created in 3dsMax.

Coding is harder than 3dmodeling, particularly in the game development industry. I guess being a concept artist is pretty hard to.
By Sedans
Sketchup is a very expensive program.

On my PC i still have the free 180 minute trial...with about 90 minutes left...

The real program costs a shitload of money, no one here would want to spend that kind of money on a tool that we dont even know what we can relly do with it...
By madness
Sedans wrote:Sketchup is a very expensive program.

On my PC i still have the free 180 minute trial...with about 90 minutes left...

The real program costs a shitload of money, no one here would want to spend that kind of money on a tool that we dont even know what we can relly do with it...
SketchUp is Free the professional version only has a few more versions dedicated for commercial use, so the free version is good enough!

http://sketchup.google.com/download.html
Don't get the pro version, just get the normal version.
As it'll last forever!
By Daltarin-Elite
I don't like sketch up very much. Maybe it's because i never have a plan of what to make and keep adding random crap to every point of what i've created until i make a huge mess of it all.

Anyways, i think i have a "Special Version" of the proffesional addition that i don't pay for... ever. Someone at school, Carlos (who i have mentioned before (the same one from my failed story in the One Big Story Thread)) gave this program to me, along with Google earth and Limewire Pro. He's a dodgy bastard, that one.
By Coyote
What about Blender ? I've got it and it's pretty good =).
By Nikusakken
I can help in publishing this game. I talk to my friends when the game is done to play and see what they think. Also I can create a comunity in Orkut to say to people. What do you think ?
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I don't like sketch up very much. Maybe it's because i never have a plan of what to make and keep adding random crap to every point of what i've created until i make a huge mess of it all.

Anyways, i think i have a "Special Version" of the proffesional addition that i don't pay for... ever. Someone at school, Carlos (who i have mentioned before (the same one from my failed story in the One Big Story Thread)) gave this program to me, along with Google earth and Limewire Pro. He's a dodgy bastard, that one.
Well SketchUp is the easiest I've ever used and is great for building flat surfaced buildings, need a curve and it gets a little more complicated unless you go directly to the sphere tool (if it has one I cannot remember).

Since SketchUp is easy to use I'll quickly make a city out of it and show you all and then I'll design something more professional looking in 3dmax.

I can also cheat, use objects that people have already created and put in there from the SketchUp warehouse or something. That would be good for testing purposes I guess.

Project 'Carlos', Huh!
Well funny story is Google Earth is free :) So in that case he isn't being dodgy. Limewire Pro can be downloaded free from Limewire and SketchUp Pro can be downloaded from Limewire.

Also I'm pretty sure you haven't even touced those professional tools in sketchup yet so weather you have the free or pro version of sketchup dosen't matter.
Coyote wrote:What about Blender ? I've got it and it's pretty good =).
I'd rather use the industry standard 3dmax!
If your thinking Maya that took over 3dmax in the movie department I think.
Nick Brasil wrote:I can help in publishing this game. I talk to my friends when the game is done to play and see what they think. Also I can create a comunity in Orkut to say to people. What do you think ?
Considering it'll be free it dosen't really need publishing by some big company if that's what your talking about. But show them and if they like the 3dmodels I've created tell them they can hire me, but tell them they can have me for a year and then they must recommend me to Reflections Interactive. :)

Don't think I'm anywhere near that good yet!
Anyways once I got the thing working, anyone can make a map and I can import it to the engine and then I can make it publicly avaliable. My plan is on a website!

We will see how things go!
At the end I plan to make something like driver 1!
But simplier, but maybe better graphics.
By Nikusakken
Yeah, maybe if this game become a sucess, one day when I play the next Driver (not DrIVer but DriVer), We can see your name in the credits. Would be cool. :)
By Sedans
Nick Brasil wrote:(not DrIVer but DriVer)
Coyote will hate you now.. :roll:
By Coyote
Why DriVer ? Dude the next Driver is Driver 4, not DrIVer, not DriVer, not Driver 5, but Driver 4 or something else similar to Driver Parallel Lines.

Sedans, I have to show you some new thing on the D4 site, when are you on msn ?
By Nikusakken
I was trying to say about the game after Driver 4, not that Driver 4 will be called Driver 5 (Or DriVer).
By Sedans
Coyote wrote:
Sedans, I have to show you some new thing on the D4 site, when are you on msn ?
Srry, I wasn't home today, I did get ur e-mail tho. But I couldnt get on msn cuz I want at home.

Hit me up tommarro...
By Coyote
Nick Brasil wrote:I was trying to say about the game after Driver 4, not that Driver 4 will be called Driver 5 (Or DriVer).
Okay, excuse-me.
Sedans wrote:Srry, I wasn't home today, I did get ur e-mail tho. But I couldnt get on msn cuz I want at home.

Hit me up tommarro...
Okay, so what about AIM today ? You really have to register today !! ( Later it will stand: Sedans posts: 2354 Location: New Orleans, Louisianna, USA Regitered: Dec 24th 2007 etc :D
By Nikusakken
Coyote wrote:Okay, excuse-me.
No problem Coyote, I should explain better what I sad.
By Mario
Registration Days Posts Avatar
madness wrote: I'm working on something at the moment I found a engine which is easy to use and works well with 3dmax and some other programs, only problem is It costs some money to use the proper version, so I'm going to find the cheapest price they can let me use it for.

and if this works, all we need is 3d modelers, no need for programmers or anything else and I can say I know how to 3d model. There is a little bit of programming, but it isn't all that difficult so I can probably handle that bit.

If it all works I would like to make a 3d version of that mini-game I created earlier this year. So it'll play almost similar to driver 1, but unfortunately the handling is a little unrealistic but it's still alright.

I'm thinking finally I'm on the right direction.
YAY! I might talk to the creators of his engine and see what they save about us making a open source project using there engine and the cheapest price they can offer it to us for.
what programming language is the engine in? c++? i know some c++, and i know pascal a lot more. but that's an old language.
too bad we can't make games in php.
By Coyote
Haha that would be easy :lol:

What's the problems with C ? I think C and C++ isn't so difficult, just take some lessons somewhere in the internet and the problem will be resoluted !

You can also make games with Blender 3D.
By Mario
Registration Days Posts Avatar
yeah, c++ is not that hard. since php was influenced by c they have a somewhat similar syntax.
By nitrored
not that it really has to do much with driving games but im pretty good at UnrealEd...its more for shooting games.
By madness
The engine I have found requires the tinyist amount of programming, so programming isn't a concern.

Just 3d modeling :)

Because of this the engine isn't very flexible and there isn't much we can do with it.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4