Modding discussion for Driver.
By SOAP
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driver model tools, Pre-Beta 3

Package contains the model extractor/replacement tool, import and export plugins for Milkshape 3D
Usage description included, see pre-beta 2 notes.txt:
model_tools_pb3.zip
And full source code of it:
model_tools_pb3_sources.zip
NOTE: If you done some replacement of models with Pre-Beta 2, please restore the level from backup and re-extract models and then you can continue working with it, or YOU WILL GET BROKEN LEVEL FILE.

F.A.Q.

Q: I have car model for miami. When I importing model to frisco, in the game it has wrong texture.

A: In Milkshape3D, at the right (or left) control panel select "Materials" tab.
Open Driver Texture Editor 2, open frisco (or LEV file that you want to import your model in), find car texture.
At the right panel in the second (lower) list texture will be selected, ex. "Texture 101"
Then in Milkshape3D select material from list, and rename it to "101" or what you needed, without quotes and without "Texture". For driver (i.e exporter) material name means texture index.

Q:
How I can see proper vertex count of my model?

A: In MilkShape3D, select all (Ctrl+A) and go to menu bar "Vertex" -> "Weld Together".
then go to "Tools" and press "Show Model Statistics..."
It will show proper vertex count.
NOTE: Normals of model may be broken after "Weld Together" operation, so undo if it happens =)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SOAP on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Well, at first I would want to say a BIG THANK YOU, to SOAP and Jeff (someone972) who did it possible (as well as the people caused help in making the tools), for me to drive all Driver`s cars in NFS: High Stakes and Midtown Madness (yes, I converted them :wink: ). It was even a dream for me. Thanks guys, and keep up the badass work. :D
Saw it. Then, I think it could be helpful:

How to convert a Driver model/mesh into another game/format

At first, place "EXTRACT_ALL_CAR_MODELS.bat" from "model_tools_pb3.zip" archive in your Levels folder in Driver's directory and start it. Then, use Driver texture editor 0.9/2 to get the textures from.

Download Milkshape 3D from here.

Then, place the plugins (dlls) from "model_tools_pb3.zip" in your main directory. Start Milkshape -> Import -> Import Driver1 .dmodel. The model will load. So, then, choice export -> Wavefront OBJ.

Now, you can either use Zmodeler 1.0.7 or older, to import the model, and convert it to any game (MM2 or NFS4 for example).

Note: If you want to convert it as NFS4 car, then:

- In your car texture, use a wheel (extract the wheel texture group). Then, cut the lower bottom part of the texture (as a alpha) and place the wheel in the lower right place).
- Rename the texture as Car00.tga and BESURE you already added it in the Texture Management on Zmodeler.
- Then export it as car00.fce
- Rename the main body to :HB
- Use any wheels (Porsche's or any car from NFS4, but to be easier, look the wheel to be textured at lower right place of the image, so to fit the texture)
- Then, use a ready model as reference for the size (you will need to rotate it, and scale it)
- Re-export it as car.fce, and you're ready!

Well, it's not the best guide, but it's how I got Driver cars in High Stakes and MM2. :specialdriver:

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4