Modding discussion for Driver.
By Lost Account #3423
they're black in some parts of the car,and when i crash the char it doesnt damage (the texture) in miami and frisco it doesnt happen.yes whe have a program for import/export texture for driver pc
Alex45 wrote:they're black in some parts of the car,and when i crash the char it doesnt damage (the texture) in miami and frisco it doesnt happen.yes whe have a program for import/export texture for driver pc
OMG! It`s because you didn`t replaced the textures properly!
Actually, Los Angeles and New York use different texture placements. San Francisco and Miami are the same way. This is how it is for EVERY level. It's hard to explain.
Dr. Doom wrote:This is a comparison of SOAP's Beta Buick vs. Reflections Beta Buick:

Reflections Beta Buick

SOAP's Beta Buick

I have to say, that sh*t is almost DEAD ON.

EDIT: Original textures put together from VRAM, no resizing was done.

SOAP just needs to reduce his/her GS X texture quality and make it pixel-ier to match the professional
Bump !

I`d know, the textures have been successful extracted a while ago, but.. I don`t like that you didn`t find the missing texture (only Dr.DOOM did, but that .jpg extension did it worse). So here`s mine version of it:
BetaGSX.png
At last! You can see the missing texture below the windows 8)

Thanks goes to Maverick for the co-ordinates he posted here, and for the nice game savestate :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I should take those damage textures and finish up my beta-buick for the vertex fix patch. I was using it to test damage, which worked rather well, but I never finished it up since I didn't have the damage textures.
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
hm... ok, YELLOW BUICK... I like it, but...
Before YELLOW Buick was black/blue one.
Why before? Look at second and third screenshot: on the second one we can see blank sprites, where should be lenses (on traffic lights and on indicator of the Buick), so it wasn't done yet.
On the third we can see hole in pavement. Miami map wasn't complete!
What can we say? That yellow Buick is BETA BUICK, and black Buick is ALPHA BUICK. What you think?

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Next version, known and hidden in our lev files
ImageImage

and, BTW... what is the damaged car on the second one here?:
ImageImage

And one more:
compare grill
to this

Ow, and WTF? Strange map, textures... Beta Buick bonnet (hidden in our lev files)

I love you, Clutch. NO HOMO!

So you mean to tell me there is a Beta Buick MK I, MK II, MK III, AND MK IV? Holy!

Also, look at the last two screenshots. The weird ass dots on the map represent the height map, they simply took those height map co-ordinates and then made a map out of them. How do I know that? Oh, I don't know, SOMEONE972 IS A GENIUS! Anyways, I strongly believe that the Driver 2 secret car WAS in fact the ACTUAL beta buick, but god damnit they changed it to look more like the Oldsmobile 442 look a like. That's what I always thought!

And regarding your damaged car question, that is the beta "soft top old model" (described as that in a chase mission).

Also note how there was a Camaro look a like...
i think youre digging way into this sh*t.

Alpha buick beta buick charlie buick.. does anyone still care?

bottom line: its a beta car that is not and never will be playable on the psx version. boom end of story.
This is the sh*t that makes people want to dig deeper into things. This has been one of THE longest unsolved mysteries when it comes to a video game. It's fun to find out beta information and then be able to BACK IT UP. You know?
what im saying is i understand that its intersting because it is a mystery but why not just let it stay that way.. some people are looking wayy to much into this when all it is is just a beta car that wasnt used in the final game.

whats next? trying to find the exact date & time the car was axed from the game? give it a rest yall.
max.thunder wrote::o , i wanna see the TORINO!
I wanna see the 18 wheeler from Drriver 2 in the Driver PC game. :!: :!:
Is it possible to port D2 models to DPC?
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Dr. Doom wrote:I love you, Clutch. NO HOMO!

And regarding your damaged car question, that is the beta "soft top old model" (described as that in a chase mission).

Also note how there was a Camaro look a like...
Good, that no homo :D
aah, soft top, now i see! :)

Hmm... look at the sprites... Camaro... Camaro... Camaro...

LOOK!

D1 Alpha Buick -> D2 secret car
D1 Camaro tex -> D2 Beta Camaro tex?
Maybe.. maybe... :)

Look, in the sprites there are no Camaro's roof textures.

EDIT

Oh, no,
D1 Camaro tex -> D2 Beta Camaro tex?
no. Now I see they are different.

However, now we know that we can look out about D1-D2 beta conversions and relations.

Sorry for my ENG.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4