Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Just wondering what kind of songs you guys would like to see if they ever make a Driver 6. What songs do you want in the soundtrack? Or what songs would you bring back from previous Driver games? :D
Driv3r had good songs, one by Mellowdrone- 'Come on 'n' try' was good in the miami intro. Driver San Fran had good ones too, they matched the game pretty well Eye for an eye, How do you like me now, Devil in me. They need fast paced songs just to keep chases and races alive and more dramatic
I really like the songs by Narco. They always seem to be involved with Driver some how. They should have some more songs by them in future games. Perfect for fast paced action like you said. I also really liked Boy From The City by SLOMO.
That'd be good. But I do like the music they make themselves (unlicensed music) for example the first 3 driver games had their own music in gameplay, if you get into a police chase the music would change to something fast paced. That'd be nice to see again.
I think all Driver games had a great soundtrack. :)

As for Driver: San Francisco, I'd say it's probably the best one out of all Driver games. I mean, I absolutely love songs from the other games, and they hold great memories, but Driver: San Francisco has almost only good songs in my opinion, whereas in Driver: Parallel Lines for example a few songs started to get on my nerves after a time. But I do love them too.

There's one song that I can't stand in Driver: San Francisco and it's the same song that always starts when you enter Story Mode. Ironically, it's called "The Same Song" or something like that and the singer sings "It's the same song… blabla".

But I love songs like California Soul, Eye For and Eye. I think it just perfectly fits the city, it gives this summer mood in my opinion. A bit like in Driver 1, where you had this super-strong sun in the sky, and this summer vibes. This is exactly how I feel for Driver: San Francisco!

I don't have an particular wishes, I trust their taste in music :)

As for changing to a faster-paced song when a chase starts: that's a cool idea! It could be either done like you said, using their own songs, or also with licensed songs? Or with a mix of both, that would be how Need For Speed worked, and it did its just really well! Driver: SF has some influences from NFS Most Wanted / Carbon, they could take this as an inspiration too? Remember you had a bunch of licensed songs, just like now in DSF, and when a chase would start, a really dramatic music would start as well. I really liked this. They could take over this element from NFS, and get rid from the Corvettes and those "ambush zoom cameras" and "crash cameras" instead :mrgreen:
In my opinion Driver PL 1978 era had one of the best soundtracks of videogames, it's the reason why i started to be interested more in old and funk music.

I agree with Steelclear, we need back instrumental music to add more thrill to the game
I liked how San Francisco had many relatively "unknown" artists and that's something I want to return instead of well known artists. Other than that, I just hope that they don't add the goddamn invisible wall that San Francisco. Sure that it's may be a way to keep the player on the playable area for, perhaps, gameplay and hardware reasons, but it was so frustating jumping off a carrier and crashing into an invisible barrier.
Nikusakken wrote:I liked how San Francisco had many relatively "unknown" artists and that's something I want to return instead of well known artists. Other than that, I just hope that they don't add the goddamn invisible wall that San Francisco. Sure that it's may be a way to keep the player on the playable area for, perhaps, gameplay and hardware reasons, but it was so frustating jumping off a carrier and crashing into an invisible barrier.
Agreed with everything you just said. :D I like the unknown artists because it introduced me to all different genres. Most of the music I listen to was somehow related to a movie or a game. And yes, barriers need to go. Or at least be used less. I know that they use them to keep you in the map but would it really be that bad to let us go on the grass a bit? Or go off an overpass to the road directly below?

Also, does anybody else like Narco? Love how they do the soundtrack for Driver/The Getaway.
For the next Driver game ?

- Nazareth - Go Down Fighting (1974)
- Deep Purple - Space Truckin (1972)
- Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze (1967)
- Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song (1970)
- Grand Funk - Shinin' On (1974)
- Alice Cooper - Man With THe Golden Gun (1974)
- Rolling Stone - b*t*h (1971)
- Etc, Etc, Etc ....

In Other words Classic Rock .
Narco - Teen Suicide Explosion (This was in Driv3r in the level 'Trapped' were you drive through the mall)
Narco - Young man versus the 747
SLOMO - Boy From The City (Also in Driv3r but the song almost sounds like it was written about Driver)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat the Devils Tattoo
Miles Kane - Inhaler (From DSF commercial in UK)
Clutch - Electric Worry (From DSF commercial for multiplayer)
Daiki Kasho - What to Believe
Sorry to bump an old thread. I like this song though. Same guy who did Boy From The City :)
Just heard this song. It sounds very "Driver-ish" :wink:
Lets all share some good music guys! :D
Nice songs! I like the funk and fast paced songs. I also like the Tom Salta one. I think he actually did the soundtrack for Driver Renegade so he would be perfect for Driver 6's soundtrack. :)

I know I've said this a dozen times on this thread but in the next Driver, I want more Narco songs :wink:
Badnick24 wrote:Nice songs! I like the funk and fast paced songs. I also like the Tom Salta one. I think he actually did the soundtrack for Driver Renegade so he would be perfect for Driver 6's soundtrack. :)

I know I've said this a dozen times on this thread but in the next Driver, I want more Narco songs :wink:
Indeed. They should also team up with Nimrod again.
Last edited by Olanov on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's yet another song I think they should bring back. Fever by Dust Junkys (originally in Driver 2). Love the way the guitar and bass sounds. Fits Driver perfectly!

Also, for some odd reason, this song was only in the Wii version of DSF and Driver Renegade. Not sure why it wasn't in the other versions but I thought it might be kind of cool for driver 6. Song is Kennedy Killed The Hat by Buck 65.
"Teen Suicide Explosion" - Narco
Originally used in Driv3r for the Miami mission "Trapped".
Not sure if I already suggested this. Probably did. Oh well :)
"Two Days Or Die" - Atlas Plug (Tom Salta)
NARCO had some excellent tracks in the game, and their album is brilliant.

They are a band made of members from Nimrod, which is why they were in most Driver games. I think they may have moved onto other projects now, or so someone at Nimrod said, but it would be great to a few more tracks from them on the next DRIVER
emmetmcl wrote:NARCO had some excellent tracks in the game, and their album is brilliant.

They are a band made of members from Nimrod, which is why they were in most Driver games. I think they may have moved onto other projects now, or so someone at Nimrod said, but it would be great to a few more tracks from them on the next DRIVER
I didn't know they still existed! Do they still do music? I really hope Narco does the soundtrack if there will ever be a Driver 6.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]