Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By TA1LGATER
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Tadaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last!
here is it!

Download link:
link!

controls:
z accel
x brake
s rev
c cinematic view!(like driver 4)
a hood view
d look back(toggle only)
left left
right right
up horn!
down chase cam(default cam)
enter restart

Warning!

It has a terrible loading time!!! It took 5 to 10 minutes to load!!! :(
there will be a time in the top of the screen and has nothing to do to you!!!

Enjoy driving :specialdriver:
By Olanov
Loaded in like, half an minute for me. It's nice, cars go crazy when you hit a sidewalk tho. And how does Rock Port City have anything to do with this?
By TA1LGATER
Kacpa2 wrote:When I can see traffic in your game?
That's one of my biggest problem!!! :(
Olanov wrote:Loaded in like, half an minute for me. It's nice, cars go crazy when you hit a sidewalk tho. And how does Rock Port City have anything to do with this?
hmmmm! something wrong with my PC :( . The wheels are rigid bodies that means it's not like Driver 1 wheels but in 3drad v7, the wheels are like Driver 1 or even Driver 3!!! Rockport city is the name of the city that I found in Google's 3d warehouse and of course not made by me!!! Just resized the city and road.
By Olanov
TA1LGATER wrote:
Kacpa2 wrote:When I can see traffic in your game?
That's one of my biggest problem!!! :(
Olanov wrote:Loaded in like, half an minute for me. It's nice, cars go crazy when you hit a sidewalk tho. And how does Rock Port City have anything to do with this?
hmmmm! something wrong with my PC :( . The wheels are rigid bodies that means it's not like Driver 1 wheels but in 3drad v7, the wheels are like Driver 1 or even Driver 3!!! Rockport city is the name of the city that I found in Google's 3d warehouse and of course not made by me!!! Just resized the city and road.
Okay. It's nice, still needs some work. Loved the fact you used Driver 1's Los Angeles track. Gave a good feeling. :D
By T.K.
You need to have customizable control schemes, because I have a different keyboard layout than you.
By chris89
Registration Days Avatar
dude, awesome work! :D
keep up the good work, hope you have enough motivation for this 'little' project. ;)

oh i now realised that i haven't been here for a loong time...
By Comando52Colton
Registration Days Posts
TA1LGATER wrote:Everything were made by me. Video coming soon.

EDIT:
That cop look like fat because the cop car's suspension are not equal.
Sadly, Tanner is not inside. :( I can make animations in 3drad. You can make even ragdolls here.
Traffic system is a big problem.
Damage model is not a problem but only one car can have because I'm tardy.
I tried starting up your game and then this message comes up: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on Ok to terminate the application." Any ideas on how to fix this i wanna play this game so bad :(
By Comando52Colton
Registration Days Posts
TA1LGATER wrote:Everything were made by me. Video coming soon.

EDIT:
That cop look like fat because the cop car's suspension are not equal.
Sadly, Tanner is not inside. :( I can make animations in 3drad. You can make even ragdolls here.
Traffic system is a big problem.
Damage model is not a problem but only one car can have because I'm tardy.
I tried starting up your game and then this message comes up: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on Ok to terminate the application." Any ideas on how to fix this i wanna play this game so bad :(
By Comando52Colton
Registration Days Posts
TA1LGATER wrote:I believe that error means you need the VC++ runtimes. Also make sure you have the most recent directX. google them
I don't know if i downloaded the right things do you have download links? Because it still says the same thing
By Comando52Colton
Registration Days Posts
TA1LGATER wrote:I believe that error means you need the VC++ runtimes. Also make sure you have the most recent directX. google them
It does the same for RDrad and the things i was talking about was your "Driver 2 Havana Night Demo" and your "Driver Rockportcity" it gives the same error for all those (0xc0150002).
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Doesnt run on windows 7 for me, but i have an old pc where the demo runs perfect :D
By Comando52Colton
Registration Days Posts
TA1LGATER wrote:This might help:

1. your system has DirectX 9.0c installed (some new PCs only have DirectX 10+). Please use the DirectX web installer, to update the DirectX runtimes in your system.

2. you also have the correct Visual C++ Runtimes.

I am using Windows XP and might run crap on Vista or 7.
Thank You! The error is gone :) But know when its at the loading screen it stops and it says we encountered a problem and rad player needs to close. I have windows XP and i don't know whats wrong now any ideas?
By Skylabh
Even if this is not the most important element of your game, i think you should adjust the skybox's textures settings to "clamp", if 3drad has this feature :wink:
By Badnick24
Thanks for posting this topic! I always like trying to make games and this program sounds pretty cool. How hard is it? Did you have to do scripting?
By Badnick24
I just tired the 3d rad program. pretty cool but it kinda sucks that you have to use another program just to model. What did you use to make your game? I tried Google Sketchup but the models always come out with pieces missing and one-color textures... :(
By Fireboyd78
Badnick24 wrote:I just tired the 3d rad program. pretty cool but it kinda sucks that you have to use another program just to model. What did you use to make your game? I tried Google Sketchup but the models always come out with pieces missing and one-color textures... :(
There is no program out there that bundles modeling and the game engine itself. It always has and always will be separated. As for the Google Sketchup problem you're having, have you looked it up? Maybe it's a bug.
By Badnick24
CarLuver69 wrote:
Badnick24 wrote:I just tired the 3d rad program. pretty cool but it kinda sucks that you have to use another program just to model. What did you use to make your game? I tried Google Sketchup but the models always come out with pieces missing and one-color textures... :(
There is no program out there that bundles modeling and the game engine itself. It always has and always will be separated. As for the Google Sketchup problem you're having, have you looked it up? Maybe it's a bug.
If i download a sketchup model, it imports fine. Its only if I do it. I'm probably just doing it the wrong way. I'm completely new to sketchup
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]