Modding discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines.
By madness
Earlier today I was taking a look at JAY's texture mods and I notice there really wasn't all that much new stuff to see so I have decided to start the development of a massive mod which edits most of the textures in the game.

So I'm going to get everyone to contribute with their own content.

We are looking for drawings, quotes, text, logos and images to scatter around the city on different objects and buildings. These images will be placed on doors, billboards and shop fronts as well as many other random places. Make sure you textures include some alpha so they don't look like squares but it doesn't really matter I can fix them up! Make them different if they don't suit the scene their put into!

A few examples I've been working on would include:
-Links to Driver Fansites inc(Driver Madness, Driver Dimension, Planet Driver, Driver4.com)
-Logos inc(ubi, gameloft)
-Insulting remarks about driv3rdood (that user who comes here terrorizing the driver series)

So if you have any images that you'd like to see in the biggest texture modification for Driver: Parallel Lines well don't forget to post it here so I can save it to my pc and start applying to into the texture modification.
By Coyote
madness wrote:-Logos inc(ubi, gameloft)
Don't forgett the most important, Reflections :P

madness wrote:-Insulting remarks about driv3rdood (that user who comes here terrorizing the driver series)
Hmm… I don't think that's a good idea. Maybe we should just forgett that and hope that guy will never come back.
By JAY
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Good idea, I had that in mind before, but not so much time for such a big project. It means a lot of work for one person. I hope you'll find enough people interested in this stuff. Of course I'll try to support you, if you want. And if there are other people who made some texture modifications, post them here. Anything can be helpful.
By madness
Basically I have decided that it is easiest to do it myself, just very time consuming.

However I am asking for support as for ideas that should go into the project. Including images and things like that, then once I've done a significant amount I'll release it for download. The next release should be available in the next couple of months, depending on how much time I have available.

I had started with 2006, but I plan to go back to 1978 and start going through all the textures in 1978 to start changing them, every 10to20 textures I change I usually test it to make sure everything works and to test that I never made an error.

So once again I call for people to upload images they have worked on for me to include in the project.

Also JAY if you have a image you'd like to advertise Planet-Driver in the game (texture mod) your welcome.
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
I made this, you can put it on a building with less opacity like a graffiti or just a paint. Here it is:
By Coyote
Not bad :/

Yeh I can make some pictures too, you just have to give me the dimensions :P
By madness
Thanks, I'll put that in whenever I get enough time to continue working on the project. I'll probably add it a multiple times, so there is more chance people will see it.

Also feel free to make ones that say "so and so was here" replacing so and so with your username.

Me and mobman02 owner of Driver-Dimension, have been talking and we have decided it will be a good idea to open up a competition for people who can create the best texture pack. Soon I'll be making packs of textures e.g. a pack for the Prison, Garages, Cars, Airport, ect... and people can work on all the textures in that pack.

and we will apply all packs into the mod however there will be a winner and they'll get more points and maybe a little something else along with being a major part of the credits!

Everyone who contributes will be credited on a texture in the game and in the mods readme file.
By madness
Coyote wrote:Not bad :/

Yeh I can make some pictures too, you just have to give me the dimensions :P
You can use any dimensions you wish!
It can be as large or as small as you want it.
It will only affect what it gets put or, otherwise it'll get resized.
By Coyote
Cool :)

Okay, now tell me what I need to do :P
By JAY
madness wrote: Me and mobman02 owner of Driver-Dimension, have been talking and we have decided it will be a good idea to open up a competition for people who can create the best texture pack. Soon I'll be making packs of textures e.g. a pack for the Prison, Garages, Cars, Airport, ect... and people can work on all the textures in that pack.

and we will apply all packs into the mod however there will be a winner and they'll get more points and maybe a little something else along with being a major part of the credits!

Everyone who contributes will be credited on a texture in the game and in the mods readme file.
That is what I've been saying before. It should be open for all who are interested in modifying textures. Maybe we should advertise this project on all the fansites for recruiting more people who want to join.
By Coyote
Well you three are doing what you want, at the moment I'm focusing on Driver 4 =)
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think it's a cool idea. but as for making stuff on the computer i dont have any of the right programs or anything, so would it at all be possible for me to draw a picture on paper and have someone make it?
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I think it's a cool idea. but as for making stuff on the computer i dont have any of the right programs or anything, so would it at all be possible for me to draw a picture on paper and have someone make it?
you can draw a picture on some paper scan it and we could just use that!
We call place it on a massive wall in the game!
By JAY
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I think it's a cool idea. but as for making stuff on the computer i dont have any of the right programs or anything, so would it at all be possible for me to draw a picture on paper and have someone make it?
I think you can also use Paint or something like that. You can also download freeware programs.
By Coyote
I can help with Adobe Photoshop =)
By Daltarin-Elite
I think you can also use Paint or something like that. You can also download freeware programs.
Paint is really quite crappy though. unless you have the full version which costs hundreds of dollars... Which i don't.
I can help with Adobe Photoshop =)
As for this one of my friends has a copy of CS2 and said he'll look out the disk for me, as long as i don't register it, i can use it. I've had practise with CS2 at school and if i can get it will use it.

And as for my hand drawn stuff it isn't brilliant. It starts really good but then i start adding too much detail get bored and then get sloppy with the drawing and rush it. I'll try my best not to though.
By Coyote
Daltarin-Elite wrote:As for this one of my friends has a copy of CS2 and said he'll look out the disk for me, as long as i don't register it, i can use it.
Be carefull what you're saying, we are on a public place, and if Adobe reads that you have CS2 they can always check their lists of people who buyed it and you could have big legality problems. Your parents could go to prison.
By Daltarin-Elite
But i don't have it. Anyway, how would they know who i was. Unless they trace me which i imagine is just as illegal as pirating stuff.
By Daltarin-Elite
Can we do road signs?
By Coyote
Daltarin-Elite wrote:But i don't have it. Anyway, how would they know who i was. Unless they trace me which i imagine is just as illegal as pirating stuff.

They'll ask for you IP address, and trust me, if they ask it, they get it.

[hr]

New road signs ? :? Why ? The old ones are okay …
By DriverKid
Meh, the bump sign is boring, Canada's look like your tires will get blown out lol.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]