Modding discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines.
By PostalDude
Mark found an early nyc_vehicles.sp on the PS2 version with models dated Nov of 2005, and via some magic, he got it to work, and of course he hooked me up and told me how to do it.
Aside from some vehicles not having certain bodykits yet (and causing the game to crash as a result), the 99.9 percent chance of the Eurotech Lifter being present in the files, the Ram Raider having a grittier looking texture and this:
(if you're too thick to notice it, they're hardtops instead of convertibles)
It's more or less the same as the final otherwise.
Last edited by PostalDude on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More stuff:
Bodykit on the Olympic Punk is unfinished:
Torrex has a different sign on the roof:
Now for the minor stuff - the CARSHOW cheat (The only way I was able to take these pics, the traffic is all fucked up using the Nov 2005 nyc_vehicles.sp) gives you vehicles in colors they don't spawn in in the final game (not sure about the Nov 2005 one since the traffic is all screwed up)
Through some advanced ISO modifications, I was able to replace the Boldius with the Eurotech Lifter...but sadly it's invisible.

This may be the only thing we'll ever see of it:

ImageImage

I don't know if we'll ever see the model itself...what a shame :(
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
CarLuver69 wrote:Through some advanced ISO modifications, I was able to replace the Boldius with the Eurotech Lifter...but sadly it's invisible.

This may be the only thing we'll ever see of it:

ImageImage

(This suggestion is for the PC version, if this is what's being used to retrieve the Eurotech) Try making a model of what you think the Eurotech looks like, then try using the texture on the model, and see if it matches.
Wheels wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:Through some advanced ISO modifications, I was able to replace the Boldius with the Eurotech Lifter...but sadly it's invisible.

-snip-

Try making a model of what you think the Eurotech looks like, then try using the texture on the model, and see if it matches.
That's what CL69 and I were saying a few months back when we were chatting on Steam about it, there's no way the actual mesh for it exists.
By Wheels
PostalDude wrote:
Wheels wrote:

-snip-

Try making a model of what you think the Eurotech looks like, then try using the texture on the model, and see if it matches.
That's what CL69 and I were saying a few months back when we were chatting on Steam about it, there's no way the actual mesh for it exists.
That's why I suggested creating a brand new mesh.
The model does exist, but it doesn't render in-game. The only way we'd possibly see it is to decode the PS2 model format, which is one of the hardest formats to crack...
By Wheels
CarLuver69 wrote:The model does exist, but it doesn't render in-game. The only way we'd possibly see it is to decode the PS2 model format, which is one of the hardest formats to crack...
Which is...?
Wheels wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:The model does exist, but it doesn't render in-game. The only way we'd possibly see it is to decode the PS2 model format, which is one of the hardest formats to crack...
Which is...?
I don't know how to explain it to non-programmers, but it's extremely complicated and involves the use of something called "VIF Tags". Documentation on this stuff is scarce and spread out, which makes it difficult for me to understand how it works and what data I need from the model packages.
By Wheels
CarLuver69 wrote:
Wheels wrote:
Which is...?
I don't know how to explain it to non-programmers, but it's extremely complicated and involves the use of something called "VIF Tags". Documentation on this stuff is scarce and spread out, which makes it difficult for me to understand how it works and what data I need from the model packages.
I hate weird file extensions.
By Wheels
PostalDude wrote:That's...not a file extension.
Oh sh*t. Sounded like it was. Whoops...
By DRay40
Registration Days Avatar
CarLuver69 wrote:
Wheels wrote:
Which is...?
isn't Wii easier?
By Wheels
DRay40 wrote:isn't Wii easier?
Wii... why?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]