Share videos you've created/found here!
By Miller
Driver 2: Las Vegas Jump Run
Take a Ride mode

[youtube size=640X480]
[/youtube]
Last edited by Miller on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
This was a real good video Miller but at first I thought it was madness's since well at the beginning it says "Madness Production presents" but anyways, the vid. 15 minutes of well coordinated action, a job well done. (Your playing Driver 2 on PC right?)

There's alittle lag but I guess that's Google videos fault, whatever the case, I look forward to it being available in the Driver Madness Download database.
By Coyote
Cool Video !

They are only two strange things: You're driving in Las Vegas, but at one moment the music is the music from Havana. Did you put it yourself on the video or was it already there ? I think you made this, cause the music begun only after 2 or 3 minutes.

Second thing is that when you jumped over the road block at one moment, the police shot at you, but in my game they don't do that, and you don't hear the sound. Did you put that over the video ?
By Miller
Well, this

[EDIT]
Who knows what this may have once said? In the past many posts here at DriverMadness.net were chopped off this way as a result of complications having to do with changing the database from one host to another (or something like that). This is a problem we should not have to encounter anymore.
By Miller
Yeah, they look a lot better on my PC and TV than they do at YouTube. Hopefully that is what will be available through the

[EDIT]
Well, it is much easier to get nice results at YouTube.com these days (September, 2010). And the time limit for new users is now 15 minutes instead of 10. That is good. I did not know all that till now.

And I also did not know anything about audio bit rates back when I made these videos, so the sound quality was poor as a result of using default settings in Windows Movie Maker for WinXP. I will look for the clips these videos were made from and try to replace the audio. That will be time consuming, so it will not be very soon, but I will update these videos and upload them to YouTube.com when I finish mission #4 of Driver 2 Video Story.

I know it is bad form to say what one will do, especially since those things often do not happen. Those are the plans, though, in case anyone is interested still. In the end this should be a good video—not quality-wise, but fun to watch, I mean. This all has to wait until after we fix up this website, which will take some time.
By Miller
Is that a question, dude, because I have a hard time telling without punctuation present? If it is, then yes, I was referrring to the comment just above here that said:
bb_42001 wrote:i look forward to looking at these ones
Thanks again, man.
By Miller
Aw, well, using so many replays for each of my Driver 2 Video Story episode things has proven to be more than a bit of aggravation. There are up to six of them involved with each episode, and these are not the sort of thing one completes in a single sitting. Therein lies the obstacle to progress as well as the source of increasing disinterest, something I experience enough of in general these days for other more critical reasons.

That bug in Driver 2 that causes the corruption of saved replay data, rendering it useless, means that I have up to six chances with likely odds of being left with a huge lot of work that is also useless. So far, in the completed episodes I have taken the time to go back and replace those segments with others, but it takes a lot of time, considering that it requires getting all the same vehicles with the same or at least very similar damage to converge in the same way at the same time in the same place. It is no easier than simply starting an episode all over from scratch, which I have done twice now with the fourth episode. I also admit to having set that one aside for a while each time that occurred.

[EDIT: Sep 2010]
Okay, so I was also dealing with some serious health problems, too, and stopped working on anything like this. I still have major health issues to contend with, but I am trying to sort out this mess of files and finish the story. It has to wait for now while I help with the DriverMadness.net website.
By Biscaynes
IGN, where else?
There, to be exact:
http://psx.ign.com/objects/014/014153.html
Those biggest sites (ign and gamespot) are responsible for informing us about the latest updates in gaming industry. There is also a site "GT" (gametrailers) where I found a lot of Driv3r staff. This site is good enough for searching for trailers in their original quality.
By Miller
That YouTube video called "Driving at night, dusk, and in rain / DRIVER 2" looks cool. It is too bad the player may not select from options affecting time of day and weather conditions in the game as it was released.
By Biscaynes
Yeah, that is what I'm trying to say, maybe that menu was originally meant to let you chose from rain, cloudy or clear sky, dawn or early morning, apart from just day and night, it would be super, you know, like in Midtown Madness (Rockstar's pre-gta game). I'd really like to drive in early morning through the empty streets of Chicago breaking silence, and there is someone somewhere hear a distant echo of squeal of your tires. ECHO.... Echo... echo.... reflecting from walls, yeah! You drive through a morning fog. Sunshine is starting to filter into dirty alleys. Than you reach the highway, and an exciting panorama opens. I remember those magnificent skyscrapers so beautifully being reflected in a lake. I was bewitched by it when I played D2 for the first time, In the first mission I always took the highway to look at the lake and the buildings on the other side. Actually, I thought that taking highway was the only way to catch the witness. :) And in the video it is so awesome at dawn that the driver even lost control when that panorama opened!
Choosing weather, time of day - oh, how I miss these common features of the rally games I played at the time, and Midtown Madness which I played even earlier, I think MM was my first 3D game. There you also could change traffic destiny. By the way, it was my channel, where the youtube vid is from. If you guys are looking for rare gameshark codes and other fun stuff about games of that period, mostly Driver and Driver 2, enjoy my channel :wink:
By Miller
Those are nice images in your post, especially the echoing tire squeels in empty streets. It is interesting to read and imagine (or go try) what different people think of as a cool gaming experience.

So, what, is that stuff in the comments section of this video supposed to mean that anyone can choose from these time of day and weather options using that GameShark technology referred to?

I played that other game you mentioned. I think I gave it to my nephew a long time ago along with a Need For Speed game called Hot Pursuit of something like that.

Thank you for the reply and again for the video, man.
By Biscaynes
Miller wrote:So, what, is that stuff in the comments section of this video supposed to mean that anyone can choose from these time of day and weather options using that GameShark technology referred to?
This refers to a gameshark code that was originally brought to youtube viewers by a man known as GamesharkWizard with his absolutely brilliant video "Driver 2: Special Tricks & Stuff".
Not everyone however can use this code cos it requires Driver 2 "Greatest Hits". That's a problem. You won't find it anywhere but eBay or smth.

Thanks for your reply and comments to my post! I think there should be smth like "Driver associations" topic created :wink: I already know what it should be like, like filled with photos, etc. Here is an example of a possible photo:
click to view full size image.

Also, maybe someone has clothes resembling the ones T.K or Tanner wears, so that everyone could post photos of themselves and would remind us Driver character or just take a shot of oldschool sunglasses he or she owns, for example. Why not? What do you think about it? :D
Last edited by Biscaynes on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Miller
That sounds cool. Judging from Nikusakken's news updates, you guys will probably be having more company around here at DriverMadness.net as the year proceeds. I guess that would mean there will be an increase in membership that includes a lot of people who enjoy participating in that sort of thing. I like viewing the images of Driver memorabilia and fan artwork that are posted at DriverMadness.net.
By Miller
TheOldGamer wrote:...YOU BASTARD, YOU KILLED KENNY!
I do not know what you are talking about. I thought the guy was named Jack.

By the way, I may not know who Kenny is, but I do know who my father is.

Originally posted in Driver: San Francisco Team Biography topic

Jack Couvela – Art Director
Jack has worked for Ubisoft since 2006 as the Art Director of Driver San Francisco. His games career began at Reflections 13 years ago as a texture artist on the original Driver. He's since worked on Driver 2, Driver 3, and as Lead Artist on both Stuntman and Driver: Parallel Lines.

Jack's first car was an 11 year old rusty Mini with a pink roof, which was the inspiration for the hidden car in Havana in Driver 2. He also featured as the face of every pedestrian in that game. Yes, including the women.

Anyway, that is who Jack is. (Many thanks for the information, Nikusakken.) So, who is Kenny? Should I already know that? Is this some GTA thing? You are at the forum for DRIVER games, where search results for “Kenny” return a big nothing.

I hope that was not too much information for you.
By max.thunder
Miller wrote:So, who is Kenny? Should I already know that? Is this some GTA thing? You are at the forum for DRIVER games, where search results for “Kenny” return a big nothing.
I think that he was talking about Kenny from South Park cartoon series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_McCormick
Here's Jack (the way that he looks now, you can see him at the beginning of the video)
By Miller
Oh, I see. Thank you for the reply and the hyperlink, man.

Jack Be Nimble...
[youtube size=640X505]6osWFNAhiXY?fs=1&rel=0[/youtube]
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Miller wrote:That YouTube video called "Driving at night, dusk, and in rain / DRIVER 2" looks cool. It is too bad the player may not select from options affecting time of day and weather conditions in the game as it was released.
Agreed, Would so love to! been playing this game since 2001/2002 non-stop (only in 2007:( ) always in the same day and night.
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
No cheats used. I hope to find more of that crazy stuff though.

When i sayd no cheats, i lied. I used the 2 standard cheats you can find ingame. They dont affect if the bug appears or not.

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]