Share videos you've created/found here!
By Biscaynes
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I still remember those awesome D2 videos by Madness that loked like short films. There were some additional effects, probably made with Microsoft Paint. One thing I can clearly remember is when there's a view of Tanner sitting in his car on Navi Pier at night (Chicago) and he has just lost all the cops, ran over some drawn lady, and lights up a cigarette. I can also remember the beginning of one of the videos when Tanner is having a chat with barmen then he leaves bar, passes by a huge parking place, gets in his car, later we can see Tanner sitting in his car switching different music than saying smth like: "my favourite" and turning on Chicago Night Theme. That vid also featured amazing cop chase. Why the hell Madness deleted 'em? I wonder is there a chance to bring them back? Maybe someone has yet downloaded them? Could they stay in a download section that hovever does not exist no more? bb, if you are responsible for such things, could you make a research? I know that you know Matt personally so why has he desided to not share those vids with us no more? Who else want these videos back?
Last edited by Biscaynes on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Miller
Thank you for the guilt trip, man. I feel like I am going to go to hell for that or something. LOL! That is what I was apologizing for the other day when we were discussing Driver 2 user-created videos.

I made the videos you are talking about using the method described in the Driver 2 Video Workshop topic (most of which disappeared for some reason while I was absent, but which is now restored to a similar state as before).

The videos you mentioned were posted to a MILLEREEL account channel thing I created at YouTube.com. I was working on more Driver 2 videos when I encountered some different kinds of aggravation, including what seemed to me to be deliberate, having to do with other people and other online accounts that were then created and called MILLEREEL. I had no luck getting some of that removed, so I deleted my Driver 2 videos and my YouTube.com account.

I did not mean to do that permanently, and I was sorry about the people who embedded the videos or linked to them, but I guess that happens all the time anyway. I posted here at the time that I would look for something else to do to put the videos back up for people to see.

I did not do that, though, and stopped participating in activities online at DriverMadness.net and YouTube.com because I was all bummed out (still am) about getting the big C and some other disease for which there is no cure. I was also feeling frustrated with some issue that kept causing my replays to mess up. Like I posted back then, I kept having to combine pieces of different replays to look like one chase scene or start over from scratch on videos. Either way it was a pain in the neck. Since stress compromises the immune system, I just dropped out and stopped working on the videos as an act of self-preservation. I guess that sounds silly, but it seems serious enough to me.

Like I wrote the other day, sorry about all that. I guess that in a way those videos were so stupid that they were kind of cool. There were only a few that were finished, but I will try to find and put up those videos somewhere for you to look at.

Someone else wrote that he thought Madness made the videos because they said "DriverMadness.net presents" at the beginning of the videos and "Please visit DriverMadness.net" at the end. I was just trying to help promote this website. When I was making the videos I expected them to be offered by this website as streaming videos and download files. That is why it said "DriverMadness.net presents" at the beginning, and the ad at the end was in case someone shared the videos.

In January of 2008, DriverMadness.net began experiencing serious issues of some kind or other. Madness moved his message board to a temporary host, and that is how things operated off-and-on for a while. Then the whole place became completely defunct. DriverMadness.net was dead in the water and could not be accessed for use at all.

It was still that way in July of 2008, so I sent some money to Madness to help get things going again because I missed DriverMadness.net and Madness had worked so hard to make a really cool website. Things have never been quite what they once were back in 2007, I guess, though. I do not really know. I have never been around here very frequently. I just like the place because I like the DRIVER games and you guys are interesting and informative and funny, and people have been nice to me here.

Sorry about the long post. Writing long ones seems to be a personal problem of mine or something, I guess.
Last edited by Miller on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Biscaynes
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
oops I mixed you up with Madness...
Miller wrote: I did not do that, though, and stopped participating in activities online at DriverMadness.net and YouTube because I was all bummed out (still am) about getting the big C and some other disease for which there is no cure. I was also feeling frustrated with some issue that kept causing my replays to mess up. Like I posted back then, I kept having to combine pieces of different replays to look like one chase scene or start over from scratch on videos. Either way it was a pain in the neck. Since stress compromises the immune system, I just dropped out and stopped working on the videos as an act of self-preservation. I guess that sounds silly, but it seems serious enough to me.
I understand. It really makes you pissed off when your replays get crashed in both Driver 1 and 2. When you think you make success, and then everything you did is gone, this leads you to despair and to stress indeed.
Miller wrote:Like I wrote the other day, sorry about all that. I guess that in a way those videos were so stupid that they were kind of cool. There were only a few that were finished, but I will try to find and put up those videos somewhere for you to look at.
Yeah, I’m looking forward to watching 'em

Man do I make sense? My English is so so. lol
Last edited by Biscaynes on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.
By Miller
Your use of English seems easy enough for me to understand. Speaking of which, it looks like I was just trying to fix a sentence in my post while you were making yours. I worry about how my sentences look, especially when I remmber that they will be read by people for whom English is a second language. Sedans makes cool sentences, man. Well constructed or not, I do not know, I only know they are cool.

I do not know much about how stuff works: time, psychology, and biology or whatever -- neurology and oncology. That is over my head. I only show my ignorance when I make comments about those sorts of things. For some reason I do it anyway, though. LOL

Yes, it is frustrating when you lose the replay of a great chase. I guess it is easier to laugh about it when you tell it to someone who has experienced the same thing. It still sucks, though. LOL!

I think I did not realize that Driver2Vegas was your YouTube.com channel. You have many DRIVER 2 videos. I like DRIVER 2 a lot. I just went back to look at the video you mentioned and saved your YouTube channel page so I can look at your videos later.

That video called "10 Min Preview of My Channel" shows Driver replays in some ways I have not seen done by others before. Some of it is really artistic, and I agree with the person who said the music went well with the video, especially when the video was all trippy looking.
By Miller
The videos referred to in this topic have been uploaded to the Internet and the hyperlinks to the videos are updated in the topic DRIVER 2 In-Game Videos.

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]