Modding discussion for Driver 2.
By Dykemann
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
I was flapping around with Gamersin´s Traffic Modifier and put the Fire Engine in place of the second car in chicago. Gamersin told specifically about the engine sound may not be the same, but the model & Mass would be. Turns out he was Kind of right since the model & mass are the same, but the engine sound and horn are of an unknown truck :

Its not from the 18 wheeler, i checked and it has the same sound as the secret truck in Rio. One theory is that it was meant as the first sound effects of the fire engine. theory two is that a few of the trucks of Driver SF where already meant for D2 but considering the time restraints and and a narrow space on the PS1, that they never made it through development completely. But maybe still remains are on the Discs of D2.
By VAIMAHDO
Wow! It looks like you found a removed beta truck! (Of course just the sound) Or the fire truck was once available at the start of the game and had different sounds. :mrgreen:
By DrShemp
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Nice find! It looks like you found the ORIGINAL fire truck engine and horn sound. As the fire truck actually has the same engine sound of the school bus, it may be possible that this is an unused fire truck sound. I also did it but changed the traffic car 3, that also changes the cop car engine and it has these unused and cool sounds!
By Dykemann
DrShemp wrote:Nice find! It looks like you found the ORIGINAL fire truck engine and horn sound. As the fire truck actually has the same engine sound of the school bus, it may be possible that this is an unused fire truck sound. I also did it but changed the traffic car 3, that also changes the cop car engine and it has these unused and cool sounds!
I don't Think its really from the Fire Engine. Gamersins said to use certain numbers for the Code (0-4 to 8-9 to A-C But how about 5-7. I tried
these and all it shows is a small shadow with small wheels and very bouncy but with their own sounds. So its like :

00 - Police Car
01 - Muscle Car
02 - 2 Door
03 - Convertible
04 - Van
05 - :?: Uses the same sound as the Fire Engine in this video
06 - :?: Uses the same engine sound as the Ambulance in Vegas
07 - :?: Same sound as the school bus
08 - Fire Engine
09 - Aromred Truck
0A - School Bus
0B - 18 WHeeler
0C - Secret Car

Every level has these empty 5-6-7 spots, so there where more vehicles intended, alot more .
By Dykemann
Sorry for the Bump
This is the result by using 5 for example :

(Also goes for 6 & 7)

Can not explain it, but i like to know what kind of vehicles the where meant to be .
By VAIMAHDO
Awesome! I'm thinking that because the shadow and tires still exist and are at the right position and size, that the instructions code for the vehicle model still exists, but the model itself has been deleted. :wink:
By Dykemann
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Awesome! I'm thinking that because the shadow and tires still exist and are at the right position and size, that the instructions code for the vehicle model still exists, but the model itself has been deleted. :wink:
That could be , except i find that the wheel position is not matching the heavy sound effects .

Unless Martin Edmondson and his Development Team had a Bakery Truck in mind, then i understand .
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
The cheat you used will changes things dramatically. I can't hear the noise of the vehicle because the audio is terrible, but that cheat also changed the game's GUI as well. Some vehicles disappeared, so that means the cheat worked, and the sounds have to had come through. I can't tell because the audio is terrible.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]