Modding discussion for Driver 2.
Biscaynes wrote:
Truck-Maniac wrote:
Biscaynes wrote:Damn right!
Another thing you can maybe think about is that the Film director option in Driver 1 & 2 can be seen as a practice for camera work in maybe movies or a simple Youtube Video.
Driv3r as well
Ofcourse, my mistake.
TheOldGamer wrote:Congratulations!

And where have you been in the past 10 years? Even, if Driver 2 has been released for PC, it would be the best game forever, but it`s not.
I wrote::(
myblueocean wrote:Oh no, I've had a copy of the PS version since I was eleven. I'm saying I didn't know that it was never released for the PC. I knew of the first one definately.

Not to mention by old PS one memory card no longer works, so if I play it, it's just take a ride in Havana or the other city I've forgotten. I don't think I'd purchase a memory card to play it again or anything not for now anyway.

Though still years ago, someone I knew said they saw a dustbin car or some sort of modified werid vehicle riding out of an alleyway. I don't know if that was just some glitch or a story... :shock:

I was a fan of Driver at a time, now I'm tip toeing around it. :?

On Amazon a PS Driver 2, anyone can purchase for a few a quid, £2-3, and as for the PC again, but it only costs 10P.

Looking back, some could say well Driver went wrong with 2, and not 3. But both games had their own good and bad even though the good was small in quantity. It was nice that you could get out of the car, and for three a little expanded, but not much changed.

Its Chicago, and Im 11-14
Truck-Maniac wrote:
myblueocean wrote:Driv3r can be credited with the car physics / damage, those are impressive even looking back at it. Ahead of it's time.

Driver 2 was suppose to be a lot better and improved than the first one. But it didn't turn out that way.

In certain ways Driver is still better than two, because it is the first one.

The series overall has always had a bumpy ride reputation.
Thats your opinion then, since i always got more entertainment from D2. Although D1 PSX was not bad.
Agreed.
TheOldGamer wrote:
T.K. wrote:I loved Driver 2. It was just as good as the first to me. The 3rd fucked up though.
Agreed. It would be greater if Driv3r wasn`t been released, but instead of it - Driver 2 version for PC. It would be awesome!
I wish that the new Drivers were like the FIRST TWO DRIVERS, not Grand Theft Auto.
I wish driver 2 was for pc, its my favorite game :( I should make the ps1 disc compatable with pc and mouse and keyboard compatable as well as when you move the mouse it moves your camera :D :idea:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:I wish driver 2 was for pc, its my favorite game :( I should make the ps1 disc compatable with pc and mouse and keyboard compatable as well as when you move the mouse it moves your camera :D :idea:
I don't think that's possible, unless you're some sort of super-hacker (which I've already read that you are indeed not) :P
Yep, I'm referring to the future, also I would love to add a fall theme to Driver 2. Just beautiful. And blowing leaves (Just a flat texture that will appear once in a while). and mabey some water... Just a falt plate with a pixelated water picture.. (Y)
By Ss4gogeta0
Registration Days Posts Posts
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:I wish driver 2 was for pc, its my favorite game :( I should make the ps1 disc compatable with pc and mouse and keyboard compatable as well as when you move the mouse it moves your camera :D :idea:
calm down jethro... I think there is a plug in for that on an emulator where you can set certain PSX functions to the mouse
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
calm down jethro... I think there is a plug in for that on an emulator where you can set certain PSX functions to the mouse
Eat a snickers, Moses. You're not yourself when you're hungry.

But you're probably right about that. I don't see it working very well in Driver 2 though, lol.
By Ss4gogeta0
Registration Days Posts Posts
VAIMAHDO wrote:Yeah you would need to re program the game to read and recognize the mouse, as well as actions for it.
Not really... just set it like this

L2 (Look Left) = Mouse Axis X- (Left Movement)
R2 (Look Right) = Mouse Axis X+ (Right Movement)
L2+R2 (Look Behind) = Mouse Axis Y- (Back Movement)

that should allow you to look with the mouse, although not sure what you want to do with the L/R clicks
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]