Share videos you've created/found here!
By SOAP
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Hello, Driver Madness Community! SOAP is back, for a while...

I see, how many things happend here, from design to research, YES, this is a progress, not as significant as I expected, but very nice.

What about me - sometimes life wants to kick your ass, throw into another city, bla bla bla. I found work (or it found me) and now did not have much time like before. I did not like my current work, but should keep doing it.

And my apperance here won't be special without little surprise, as usual:

UPDATE:
Have been fully restored controls, download and enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b65ip ... atched.rar

DOESN'T NEED ANY CHEATS! Just mount and play

UPDATE 2:
You can use gameshark below to enable full controls, thanks to gamersin
Code: Select all
"Enable Vehicle Controls
800432A8 000A
800432AA 3C02
800432AC 4044
800432AE 9442
300432B2 0082
800432B4 0824
30071EB8 0000
30071EC9 0000
30071ECC 0000
That's all for now, thanks for attention =)
SOAP
Last edited by SOAP on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthony817 liked this
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
That's amazing. I find it idiotic that the makers of the game give you a city that looks awesome, but then in the actual game, it's not what it was.
Wheels wrote:That's amazing. I find it idiotic that the makers of the game give you a city that looks awesome, but then in the actual game, it's not what it was.
Huh? Do you mean how the city looks slightly different than the final one? If so, this happens with a lot of games. It's usually called the "Beta" stage :P
By Wheels
CarLuver69 wrote: Huh? Do you mean how the city looks slightly different than the final one? If so, this happens with a lot of games. It's usually called the "Beta" stage :P
That's entirely what I mean. People see the game, they go ape sh*t over it, then once they actually start playing it, they've been trolled.
Nice comeback Soap! I used to follow your stuff a lot a way back.
Wheels wrote:That's amazing. I find it idiotic that the makers of the game give you a city that looks awesome, but then in the actual game, it's not what it was.
As many people here have pointed out, the city really isn't that different at all. Shadows were probably added to give slightly more eye candy. Them being misssing from the final game really doesn't make a whole lot of difference. A few barriers missing is also not a big deal, for it doesn't affect the gameplay like, at all.

The few cars looking different I totally support, too. While the design for the Buick GSX or the beta cruisers for an example look nice, neither would really work. The beta cruiser in the replay really doesn't look that good unlike the polished cruisers we got in the end. And I sure as hell can't imagine an undercover police officer doing highly illegal activies in a high profile car that'll stand out miles away for law enforcement.
By Wheels
RacingFreak wrote:I take it as you have absolutely never ever played the PSX version then ;)
I've played it before, and even when I start playing a new game, I get pissed that whatever I saw in the trailer wasn't in the actual game.
By SOAP
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Now better playable.
It with hex edited executable
FOR INTERESTED / DEVS:
I did alot comparisons with demo2 executable, and did following changes

What have been done with function 0x43298

Pause menu didn't work, it uses differrent button states, but i'll take try soon.

ISO with modified exe will be soon, now it's sleep time.
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Damnit, you deserve 1000 internets for this. Already found some interesting stuff. It also supports my 'theory' even more that the engine allows for dynamic weather.
Only crashes I have is when I go left during the first (of second) loaded scripts.

Honestly though, playing this makes me like the Skylark even more than the GSX, it feels so out of place.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
helkensinken wrote:
Fab2cent wrote:I get an error when opening the game :( my windows is not compatible

no words for that post of fab2cent :roll:
Sorry i dont have the brains to figure this out myself.....thats why im asking for help, so i can learn? :oops:
By gamersin
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Nice work, SOAP.

For those having trouble with the ISO, heres an alternative.

"Enable Vehicle Controls
800432A8 000A
800432AA 3C02
800432AC 4044
800432AE 9442
300432B2 0082
800432B4 0824
30071EB8 0000
30071EC9 0000
30071ECC 0000

I looked at the changes that SOAP made to the EXE file and found the RAM equivalents. For example. The first address of the code referrers to offset 0x33AA8 in the file itself. I hope it works.
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
Olanov wrote:
Fab2cent wrote:I get an error when opening the game :( my windows is not compatible
Try running it in a compatiblity mode?
man he is talking about play the game demo without emulator :)

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg