Modding discussion for Driver.
By Maverick
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar

It's worth a try, right? Let's see how far I can get with this idea. The airport is under construction as we speak. :)
By Coyote
Fantastic! I was planning to do something like this, basically swap all textures of palm trees, streets, etc. with those of another city (Miami in this case I believe) and also change the sky, etc. I never got to install Driver 1 again so good someone else is doing it :)
By Fireboyd78
I remember organizing a similar project back in 2008/2009, but it never picked up. I think it's very worth it! I'll help you if you want!
By Maverick

Thanks for the feedback, i'm beginning to work on downtown as the airport is complete.

Any help is welcome, there's no way I can get the sun to appear in dawn mode i assume?
By CORONET
Registration Days Posts Avatar
There is a texture problem with some red traffic cars in los angeles, you should fix it or request help.
By Fireboyd78
RacingFreak wrote:2.1 patch fixes it.
The 2.1 patch never worked for me...not a good idea.
By RacingFreak
Well it fixed it for me, dunno then. I think it only doesnt work well with USA releases (has blue driver logo instead yellow in intro fmv)
By Fireboyd78
You're correct. The USA release spits out a "CD-Rom missing!" error. I wonder if I could bypass it :P
By k9Underdogg
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
OMG this is a dream!!! :D
btw @Coronet: for the red cars issue, go to driver configuration and make sure its set to 32bpp on "depth"

@Maverick: Did you set it to "day" too or is it still night/dawn/dusk but with day textures? either way it's fantastic!! also, did you get trouble with palettes? because when I edit the buildings textures, I see the palettes are messed up in the game (I tried on Miami and NY) :o
By Maverick
k9Underdogg wrote:OMG this is a dream!!! :D
btw @Coronet: for the red cars issue, go to driver configuration and make sure its set to 32bpp on "depth"

@Maverick: Did you set it to "day" too or is it still night/dawn/dusk but with day textures? either way it's fantastic!! also, did you get trouble with palettes? because when I edit the buildings textures, I see the palettes are messed up in the game (I tried on Miami and NY) :o
It's dawn with day textures unfortunately. It's going at a steady pace though. I was originally going to replace every texture but I am able to edit some existing LA textures to make them suitable. Expect another little picture or two to pop up next week.
By Maverick
I've been playing through the LA level on the playstation version and noticed a few things which might benefit this mod, can someone provide me with an LA save state? Thanks.
By CORONET
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Maverick wrote:I've been playing through the LA level on the playstation version and noticed a few things which might benefit this mod, can someone provide me with an LA save state? Thanks.
The savestate must be .PSV or it can be another format?
By Fireboyd78
The savestates have to be taken from ePSXe (other emulators don't work unfortunately). I already sent Maverick a bunch of them though.
By Maverick
Thanks for the links Carluver. This will save me playing through the whole game on epsxe to do this myself.

I've found a few things of interest in the Playstation version. There are different sets of trees, a hedge texture surrounding the freeways, different road textures and some new building textures to name but a few. In my opinion some of these textures will fit well in a day mode I'm going to apply these to this mod and hopefully i'll get a few pictures up for you during the week.
Last edited by Maverick on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Maverick

Thanks for your interest! Here is a picture as promised. I tried the PS1 road textures that were in the LA save states Curluver sent (thanks again) but they were way too dark for day mode. I'm also using the dawn (Or dusk?) sky considering it is technically set at dawn. Night time with this setting looks brilliant. Would there be any way to get the sun? Maybe there could be something in the mission files we have completely overlooked...i'll do a bit of digging..

The PS1 save states are still useful by the way, as you have probably noticed :)

EDIT: The dawn sky setting is temporary until I find a way to get the sun shining. It still looks good though
By PrototypeDriver
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
Well, cripe! Nice job with those textures and such, Maverick! Is it finished already or is it still a work in progress?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]