Modding discussion for Driver.
Sub, you don't actually run the d1_md_loader - that is a command line based program. You have to ensure that your Frisco_01.lev is at least 20,000kb or greater, place the IMPORT_FMUS.BAT file AND PLAYERCAR10CLEAN.dmodel in the Levels directory, and THEN run IMPORT_FMUS.BAT. If all goes well, the BAT file will run d1_md_loader and tell it to import the PLAYERCAR10CLEAN.dmodel file into the PLAYERCAR10CLEAN slot in Frisco_01.lev.

If you're still confused, maybe I should make a quick video tutorial. Lol.
By Submaniac
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
ok ill try that way^^ but if it doesnt work i'll have to ask you to make a tuto...

Edit: ok well... i did as dr.Doom said but i have no way to know if it worked because when i run Driver, i get a blank Error message and then it just goes back to windows. im sad

Edit 2: NVM i know why now. somehow i lost all my savedata and settings on the game. pisses me off. anyway im gonna put the cheats in and stuff and i'll tell you if it worked.

Edit 3: im having the same texture problem. im gonna do as y'all said

Edit 4: It doesnt work. i have the body of the chevelle with the textures of the tramway car. Help?
It works fine on me, without any problem. Just use SOAP`s great tools!

I`m 99% sure that soon we will have successful modding tools, such as the other popular games: Grand Theft Auto, Need for Speed and Midtown Madness. :)
Sub, please make sure the d1_md_loader is in the Levels directory. The Chevelle means the model did not import correctly.

Please get SOAP's Pre-Beta 3 tools, PLACE THEM IN THE LEVELS DIRECTORY, and make sure IMPORT_FMUS.BAT and PLAYERCAR10CLEAN.dmodel are also in the levels directory. This should work. Otherwise...I don't know what to tell you.
By SOAP
Submaniac wrote: Edit 3: im having the same texture problem. im gonna do as y'all said

Edit 4: It doesnt work. i have the body of the chevelle with the textures of the tramway car. Help?
Did you forgot to place all files from archive to Levels directory and double click on IMPORT__FMUS.BAT ???
Last edited by SOAP on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Submaniac
i did everything just like all you said! all files even the textures and the readme files (excpet the .dll in the milkshape folder) but it just doesnt want to do the job!
When i open IMPORT_FMUS.BAT, it pops up for less than a second and nothing happens at all. im sorry im bothering y'all but its not my fault really...
What SOAP meant was to edit IMPORT_FMUS.BAT by right clicking it and selecting Edit which should open notepad. Press enter and type in "Pause"

That should work.
By Submaniac
Ok thx for being patient Dr.Doom...

Here's what the screen says:

C:\Program Files\GT Interactive\Driver\Levels>d1_md_loader frisco_01.lev -modelimport PLAYERCAR10CLEAN

C:\Program Files\GT Interactive\Driver\Levels>Pause
Press any key to continue . . .
Try getting a new, non-modified frisco first. Then make sure that you have the newest of SOAP's tools. If that doesn't work then I dont know what will.

EDIT: Very detailed instructions:
1. If you have more than one driver directory, find the one you will be running out of.
2. Extract the files from the fmus archive, and place them in the levels directory. This means when you see frisco_01.lev, you should also be able to see import_fmus.bat and the model file without going into any folders.
3. Make sure you have the 3rd generation of SOAP's model inporter, and place it in the same directory as the others.
4. Run the import_fmus.bat. It will only appear for a very short time.
5. Import the mustang texture to it's proper spot in frisco_01.lev.
6. Try it and see it it worked.
By Submaniac
Sorry somene972 and Dr.DOOM but it didn't work. i'll be watching y'all then. But i have a hypothesis: maybe the mod isn't compatible with my version of Driver. I have the british english version (the only one i've found on the net)
Oh god... it`s a very easy installation! I`ve tried it with all versions and it doesn`t have any problem... Sub, are you sure that you have copied all the files? Also... this car works only in San Francisco. If you are trying to ride it in Miami, NYC or LA, of course it doesn`t work.
By Submaniac
Im sorry! I did copy every single file in the whole folder in the Levels directory, and it still doesnt work, i ran the FMUS program multiple times in a row and still no results, i've tried it in SF and i get the chevelle with walls textures, even if DTE 2.0 shows me the Mustang's tex. I have the Mod tools 3.0 and all.... and it doesnt work! :( :( :(mabe my computer just is a jerk. It's not the only game i have trouble to mod....
By SOAP
Submaniac wrote:Im sorry! I did copy every single file in the whole folder in the Levels directory, and it still doesnt work, i ran the FMUS program multiple times in a row and still no results, i've tried it in SF and i get the chevelle with walls textures, even if DTE 2.0 shows me the Mustang's tex. I have the Mod tools 3.0 and all.... and it doesnt work! :( :( :(mabe my computer just is a jerk. It's not the only game i have trouble to mod....
Please tell here your operating system.
By Submaniac
Hey i'm not dumb! I'm not as good as y'all modders but im trying my best. I've installed mods for Gta:SA,NFS MW,MM2 and Richard Burns Rally, I even have Emulators fyi Postal Dude,so respect me and i'll respect you, fussing over.
Anyway, I have Windows Vista SP2 running on a HP G60-445DX laptop, a Nvidia GeForce 8200M gfx card, and 3GB RAM, an AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-75 2.20GHz processor. The pc is from 2009. I downloaded driver (pc) from a website. I can put the link if y'all say it's fine. For as much as I know of, it's the British English version.

Edit: @someone972, I made a backup of the whole Level folder before trying to mod it.
By SOAP
It's interesing, Submaniac.
Sometime I saw on driver-dimension.com screenshot of differrent version of Driver (IMHO).
The car wheels in miami was black. I'm tried to replace wheel textures, and given result without alpha (quad wheels)

Maybe your copy of game is differrent? Can you upload something from your copy of game, maybe Game.exe and/or one LEV file ???
By Submaniac
I'm uploading the game.exe,the frisco.d3d, and the frisco.lev files right now.

Edit: Here they are:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gnqotttlj3j/Game.exe <-- Game.exe (i think it's a no-cd patched one,i forgot)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yyzj0z0z2zz/Frisco.d3d <-- Frisco.d3d
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yy0x0q3mny4/frisco_01.lev <-- Frisco.lev

Edit: Thanks for pointing that my .d3d was wrong. Fixed it.
Last edited by Submaniac on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your link for frisco.d3d is actually another link to game.exe.

EDIT: Your game.exe file, unless it uploaded wrong, is your problem. It somehow must have been corrupted because it is only 273 KB and should be 1.66 MB. I tried your frisco and it works with my exe, so check if your exe is corrupted.
By SOAP
Nothing bad with lev file excepting the after replacement of model on your PC texture switched to default. I don't know, why this happens. (Maybe Dr.Doom used old export plugin, because the exporter was changed in 3rd generation of tools, and new data doesn't appends to existing model while exporting. Or it's a d1_md_loader serious bug, or it's a game.exe problem). I tried to replace model in your LEV file, and it works.

I putting another one Ford Mustang, with my changes
Mustang.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Submaniac
Alright... :/ I'm gonna try your new version. Btw, i fixed the link for .d3d

Edit:OH MAN YOU'RE AWESOME SOAP! IT WORKED!!! :D :D :D
Hey SOAP, can i share the mod on Driver-Dimension? (a french Driver fansite)
Because a mod like this isn't something we should hide :mrgreen:
Um, well finally that three paged spamfest about something that can took up to minute to install, ended.
BTW, I`m sure that SOAP will make an updated model tools in order to make these operations better in the future.

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4