75%
I can get by alright.
25%
It's confusing and difficult to use.
No votes
0%
By someone972
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Now that the first release of the Driver Texture Editor is out, everyone can make their own texture mods. Since the thread about the levels is big enough already you can post your texture mods here where they are easy to find. Happy modding!
By Nikusakken

When I imported the damage textures, it didn't imported properly. Also, I can't export the textures. I had to use Print Screen.
By Fireboyd78
You need to download the version that he reposted. We accidentally gave out a non-working version.
By Fireboyd78
Are you saving it like

"C:\Program Files\GT Interactive\Driver\My Texs\NewImage0001.BMP"?

Are you adding .BMP/.TGA/.PCX to the end? If not, consult to the readme, lol.
By Fireboyd78
Why isn't Modding exploding??? :evil:
By someone972
My theory is that not many people have it yet (there's only 10 downloads so far), and those who do need more time to get their mods done.
By Nikusakken
The mod should have more advertising. In Driver-Dimension for example.

By the way, I've tried to reconstruct one of the beta textures of the Buick...

...however, as you can see, it's not 100%. I did it in the hurry.

Hey guys, show off your texture mods!
By someone972
Altough advertised on driver dimension it isn't in French, which cuts intrest a lot. I will be trying to make a french version this weekend to put up there. Should we repost the other texture mods from the Level Files thread?

I'll be making a new tex mod soon I think.
By Nikusakken
Oh okay. And yes, repost the other tex mods here. It will be the official thread to show off all your mods.

Oh, and and by the way, as for now, post all the pics as thumbnails, to the topic load faster. (I'll repost my pics as thumbnails later.)
By Fireboyd78
I officially remade the beta Buick found in New York -

Somewhat similar to PSX Cadillac found in New York -

Might aswell post this since I use textures from the game -

I really need to get a picture with regular rims -

REALLY need to fix this, could be epic -

I want this to be better, I spent awhile working on it >_<

Slapped together civ car textures on the chevelle -

You gotta admit, this is cool -

This worked out nicely -

Had a friend do these for me, since he was bored -

By PostalDude
2 comments @ carluvers post above:

About the beta black skylark texs,have you repaired the damage tex's for it????

And the Orange buick reskin should be used as a parked car in one of the CGI cutscenes for your new W-I-P mission pack.
By Fireboyd78
The beta buick damage textures are already in the correct spot, but it doesnt seem to work in new york when i import them. I'll try this a little later, but they should be in the correct spot.

As for the orange buick reskin, your right, that should be used in a cutscene :o
By PostalDude
And maybe the Blue Cadillac turned into the NY NPC Caddy should appear as a car just driving by in a CG cutscene. BTW whenever I open up a psx lev file all I get are corrupted texs with screwed up colors.
By Fireboyd78
They're most likely in 10-bit or 11-bit color mode. Because 8-bit gets the closest to showing any kind of textures. Now this may sound silly, but open the file in notepad and put the font @ 1pt (you have to type it in)

now go near the bottom and you'll start to see the civ car texs along with the player car texs. Just like on the PC version, they're located near the bottom. HOWEVER, it is very hard to make them out, so you gotta squint.

I have made beta buick textures for all the levels!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/aga1g10 ... buicks_zip

Damage will come at a later date, since I gotta sit through and transfer those as well... :shock:

EDIT: Tell me this isn't the civ car ltd/challenger

I swear, they look exactly the same.... :D
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
You've been smoking to much happy stuff, mate, i think you've gone a bit loopy with that 1!
By Fireboyd78
Driver of DOOM wrote:You've been smoking to much happy stuff, mate, i think you've gone a bit loopy with that 1!

Yeah, sure....
By PostalDude
CarLuver69 wrote:They're most likely in 10-bit or 11-bit color mode. Because 8-bit gets the closest to showing any kind of textures. Now this may sound silly, but open the file in notepad and put the font @ 1pt (you have to type it in)

now go near the bottom and you'll start to see the civ car texs along with the player car texs. Just like on the PC version, they're located near the bottom. HOWEVER, it is very hard to make them out, so you gotta squint.

I have made beta buick textures for all the levels!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/aga1g10 ... buicks_zip

Damage will come at a later date, since I gotta sit through and transfer those as well... :shock:

EDIT: Tell me this isn't the civ car ltd/challenger

I swear, they look exactly the same.... :D
Dude.....you are the Chuck Norris of Driver modding.Nuff said. 8)
By Fireboyd78
I'm so sorry, theres no such thing as 10-bit or 11-bit images. I wasn't thinking correctly.

The PSX images are 4-bit images, btw. I tried really hard to display true color, but alas failed.

Image Image

Image Image

:(
By Fireboyd78
SUCCESS! It turns out that the old cop car model was still inside iview.lev, so I replaced the names (kinda like how i demonstrated awhile back in the level files thread). That gave me a grayscale version. First i tried palette changing, no luck. I gave up and replaced the 1st palette with the color palette using D.T.E =D

Image Image

Thank god it was already mapped for me, unlike the TRAIN.LEV one...
By Fireboyd78
This is my last post in a row.

Image Image

:D
By PostalDude
The PS1 Miami traffic LTD turned out PERFECT.The beta Regis tex however,was left unfinished(by the developers).The reflection mappings are FUBAR and the wheel placement seems off a bit.
By Fireboyd78
You are correct, wheel placement is off. It's because its using the PLAYERCAR1 chassis, which is stored inside the game.exe file. Thats how bedobedo allowed us to drive exact imitations of the civ cars in civ car edition, and why there's so many different EXE's to choose from. The EXE controls what the .COS file controls - brake lights, smoke escape, height, speed, bla bla bla.

But what I did was swap positions for COPCARCLEAN, COPCARDAM, COPCARLOW, and PLAYERCAR1CLEAN. PLAYERCAR1DAM, PLAYERCAR1LOW

so that PLAYERCAR1 turns into COPCAR, its just a matter of switching models.
By T.K.
What's with the cop car? Is that the far-off model of it when it's at the limit of the draw distance?
By PostalDude
CarLuver69 wrote:You are correct, wheel placement is off. It's because its using the PLAYERCAR1 chassis, which is stored inside the game.exe file. Thats how bedobedo allowed us to drive exact imitations of the civ cars in civ car edition, and why there's so many different EXE's to choose from. The EXE controls what the .COS file controls - brake lights, smoke escape, height, speed, bla bla bla.

But what I did was swap positions for COPCARCLEAN, COPCARDAM, COPCARLOW, and PLAYERCAR1CLEAN. PLAYERCAR1DAM, PLAYERCAR1LOW

so that PLAYERCAR1 turns into COPCAR, its just a matter of switching models.
Cool,I understand now.I also just noticed the turn signal position is not positioned correctly.
By Fireboyd78
This is the correct chassis they set in the iview.cos -

:shock:

(I replaced CIVCAR3CLEAN etc. this time)
By PostalDude
CarLuver69 wrote:This is the correct chassis they set in the iview.cos -

:shock:

(I replaced CIVCAR3CLEAN etc. this time)
WTH were Reflections thinking???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Fireboyd78
HALLO? ANYONE STILL ALIVE???
By Fireboyd78
Seriously guys, why haven't there been any new posts? What happened to the hype? :(
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]