Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By Coyote
I don't know if you red alredy this, but now we have to make the things move !
The New York Searching Team - Discovers and finds everything in NYC.

I decided to make like a team, wich will search special things in NYC (DPL).

Everyone can choose wich part of the town he wants to check.
We build 2-persons teams.

We start with 1978.

Manhattan ................................... (Skeleton) [Chintaown or Island under Queensbord Bridge]
Queens ........................................ (Sedans)
Bronx .......................................... (Nobody)
Jersey .......................................... (Coyote) [The big factory]
Harlem ........................................ (Madness)
Brooklyn ...................................... (Moonchild)

You have to look for everything in you district.
That could be some publicity on a wall (Maybe there's something about Tanner…) or the Number plate of a car.

I already started with examining Jersay and I found, I think, the biggest factory of NYC.
I had a idea how to come in it, but there's no way.
I tried to jump over the river, on one of the boats and it nearly fas worked.

You see it, In the midle, in Jersey, where is no road.

So who wants to be with who and who wants to take wich part of the city ?
Once you've decided, you'll have an distict (Steinway, Jamaica, Chintown,…) that you have to check.
Last edited by Coyote on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
By madness
Good Idea! so I just stickied it!
I'm thinking about cutting the map into little squares and numbering them and then getting people to choose a couple of squares to investigate, and then once we've finished investigating we could swap squares and check what everyone has found!

I find it easer that way then everyone can enlarge there area and put on pointers and stuff like that!

Anyways I got to go for now as it's getting pretty late!
By Coyote
Yap good night :P

I'll made a dotted line on the map to separate the districts.

Do you want to investigate to ? You dont need to, if you dont want just tell me.
By Coyote
I've already found a lots of things.

Wich part to you want to explore Skelly ?
By Coyote
Here's a new map. I know it's not very beatyfull, and you cant really read whats written, but u know how big is the district you're exploring :P
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Man this is a good idea, if the area hasn't been chosen yet than I want to search Brooklyn.

And exactly what are we looking for? Is it landmarks, strange signs, graffiti etc. Nevermind, just saw your quote "You have to look for everything in you district." I understand

So yeah, Brooklyn for me or a part of Brooklyn, whatever works.
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Coyote wrote:I've already found a lots of things.

Wich part to you want to explore Skelly ?
ok i'll check manhattan when i play this night (3-4 hours later ) :D

i hope i'll find something valuable :)
By Coyote
Okay the 1st post has been edited :)

We look for everything. From hyper-secret places to some grafittis wich gives us infos about anything in the Driver Series.

• The number Place of TK's Cerrano is from Vermont. But TK is from California… Maybe the next Driver will play in Vermont, where he has stolen the Cerrano…
• Do you remember Baxter ? We already talked about him in another topic.
Here some photos :
Baxter 74, huh ? What happened in 74 … ?

• Here some more things… Image
Girls 2F 1976. 1976 ?? Driver 76 ^^

Isn't that Slink's woman ?

1978, 1975,…

Interesting…

If you look carefully everywhere in the game, you'll see that the number 1976 appears very often. That was like a Tipp for Driver 76 at the time.

In my Wishlist for Driver 4 a year ago I wrote that I would like that the next Driver plays in 1976. Driver 76 is not the Driver 4, but do you think this is coincidence … ? Maybe Reflections really read this forum… who knows

In D76 I noticed that Slink is from Jamaica cause he's got a Jamaican Flagg on his front Plate number on his Rosalita.
If someone takes Long Island he should ckeck Jamaica, maybe there is something interesting about Slink :)

So.

Skeleton, you check the island under the Queensbord Brigde. Do you know teh Prison Trick ? You need to pass with the car true the barrier and land on the island.
If that is too dificult for you, check Chinatown.

Monnchild, you check the Bronx.
The Bronx is easy so you've got 2 things to do:
1 - You need to explore the Garage in Hunt's Point. Look good at everything what is written, years and everything, we need more than what I had of the garage.

2 - in the Arena, I think they are like metall things with publicity. I never really observed them. Find out if there's written something important.
By Skeleton
[quote coyote wrote :Okay the 1st post has been edited :)

We look for everything. From hyper-secret places to some grafittis wich gives us infos about anything in the Driver Series.

• The number Place of TK's Cerrano is from Vermont. But TK is from California… Maybe the next Driver will play in Vermont, where he has stolen the Cerrano…
• Do you remember Baxter ? We already talked about him in another topic.
Here some photos :
Baxter 74, huh ? What happened in 74 … ?

• Here some more things… Image
Girls 2F 1976. 1976 ?? Driver 76 ^^

Isn't that Slink's woman ?

1978, 1975,…

Interesting…

If you look carefully everywhere in the game, you'll see that the number 1976 appears very often. That was like a Tipp for Driver 76 at the time.

In my Wishlist for Driver 4 a year ago I wrote that I would like that the next Driver plays in 1976. Driver 76 is not the Driver 4, but do you think this is coincidence … ? Maybe Reflections really read this forum… who knows

In D76 I noticed that Slink is from Jamaica cause he's got a Jamaican Flagg on his front Plate number on his Rosalita.
If someone takes Long Island he should ckeck Jamaica, maybe there is something interesting about Slink :)

So.

Skeleton, you check the island under the Queensbord Brigde. Do you know teh Prison Trick ? You need to pass with the car true the barrier and land on the island.
If that is too dificult for you, check Chinatown.

Monnchild, you check the Bronx.
1 - You need to explore the Garage in Hunt's Point. Look good at everything what is written, years and everything, we need more than what I had of the garage.

2 - in the Arena, I think they are like metall things with publicity. I never really observed them. Find out if there's written something important [/quote]

ok i'll check them but i am not sure i can get to that island :roll:
by the way great findings :wink:
By Coyote
Thanks very much.

PS:
Code: Select all
[quote="coyote"]text[/quote]

And you could only keep the question, or is that a way to get points ? XD

If you can't do that with the bridge I'll do it, check Chinatown now, and look if you see somewhere the name "Chen Chi" or "Mr. Zou".
By Skeleton
by the way should i check it in 78 or 2006 i'm confused :S
By Coyote
1978 First.

Later, in some weeks we'll do the same in 06.
By Sedans
ill help cover Queens
By Moonchild
Coyote wrote:Monnchild, you check the Bronx.
What? I must be in bizarro world where hello is goodbye and goodbye is hello. Did you even read my post? I mentioned two times that I want to search Brooklyn...
Moonchild wrote:if the area hasn't been chosen yet than I want to search Brooklyn
Moonchild wrote:So yeah, Brooklyn for me or a part of Brooklyn, whatever works.
But I guess if no one vollunters for bronx I can do it too. But right know all my discoveries will have to be a written description because I (right now) don't have the software to capture screenshots off my tv...and I don't hace the PC version of DPL.
By madness
Harlem I'll choose for now, it's small but I'll make sure to cover every inch. I'll come back with a report soon. In a couple of days.

and for Moonchild, if you make make a good description I can look for it and I can take screenshots!
By Coyote
Oh sorry Moonchild, you wrote area but I red arena and so I thought you mean the Bronx.

edit: Moonchild, if possible, try to get on the island over the Battery Tunnel by using the prison trick.

Moonchild or Sedans will have to find something about the old police station, from 1976. It's somewhere at one of the parks in Queens or in Brooklyn. Tomorrow I'll check in D76 where it is and one of you should give a look there.

Thanks for doing that everybody ! =)
Last edited by Coyote on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sedans
WTF i said id cover queens!
By Moonchild
madness wrote:and for Moonchild, if you make make a good description I can look for it and I can take screenshots
Yeah, I'll try my best to give a good description and thanks for offering to do that. Maybe though, I'll just buy PC DPL and see how it runs on my rig. I won't expect too much but atleast it (hopefully) won't suffer from the same problem that Driv3r did.
Coyote wrote:Oh sorry Moonchild, you wrote area but I red arena and so I thought you mean the Bronx.
edit: Moonchild, if possible, try to get on the island over the Battery Tunnel by using the prison trick.
No problem, your talking about the prison from the mission right? If I can find the old Police Station or if you tell me where it's located I can check that out also.
Last edited by Moonchild on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Coyote
Sedans stop confusing me :D

Yeh I mean the prison technique to enter the prison outside the mission.
You can use this technique for everything you want.
The bestt vehicle is the Dozer, cause sometimes the car cames out of the wall after you pushed it in but the Dozer keeps the car under the wall, so that it cant come out.
Its easyier if you push the car from the site in the wall. Then, when the half is in the wall, you get in the car and you get out at the other site :D
By Sedans
yay, im in da list
By Coyote
lol before long time dude
By Sedans
WHAT?
By Coyote
Yeh, before long time.
By Sedans
riight...
By Coyote
look this is for u. i think they also deliver to New Orleans. lol
By madness
I haven't looked in my assigned region yet!
Been too busy :(
anyways I did a lot of work looking around PoliceHQ =D
You can see all the police hq stuff I took here.
By canadiankid2009
Registration Days Posts
um, im very VERY sorry for digging a 2 year old thread, but i found something interesting. 1 lot to the right of the police station, theres a race that you can only do ONCE. also a pretty cool lot
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]