Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)

Which TK do you prefer?

*78 TK
31%
*06 TK
69%
By madness
Which TK do you prefer?

TK in 1978 - It's all about impressing people.
TK in 2006 - It's all about revenge.
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
tk in 2006 but in the cutscenes.he looks weird in the in-game
by the way what is tk's full name does anyone know?
By Coyote
The Kid.

2006, cause he's just better :D
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
TK in 2006 is much better than the younger TK. He's aged, he's pissed and therefore he's a much more interesting character. The young TK looks to weak and he's kind of annoying.

There is one thing that I don't like about the old TK though, his hair. Mullets suck, you'd think that 28 years in prison would lead to him changing his hairstyle or something, but apparently not.
By Coyote
What I hate in 06 is also his wearing, looks like the same thing for 28 Years with the hole in the T-shirt (When Corrigan shot him)… and his appartment. For me, in 1978, the appartman was a place where the police coudn't come, like a place for me alone, a beatifull place with View on the Water… but in 06 its disgusting…
By Moonchild
His clothing in '06 doesn't really bother me too much bit I'll agree with you on the whole safehouse/apartment thing. It looks like crap but you have to remember, it's been abandoned for 28 years (I guess Ray didn't give a sh*t) so you can't really expect to be nice and clean. Anyways, atleast we got the graffiti on the wall that says "Tanner Lives" so that's something.
By Coyote
yep :P but wo da hell is Baxter ? In the appartement theres a graffity with "baxter wos here" in the garage, "Baxter 75", on the racttrack "Baxter co" man this thing, guy animal whatever it is is getting on my nervs
By Moonchild
Maybe it's a developer of the game or a friend of one of the developers. It could be an inside joke by Reflections or some kind of obscure reference to the Driver series. Who knows.

Oh and just to add to the poll discussion, TK's 2006 cutsceens are both better and much more interesting than his 1978 counterparts.
By Sedans
I think the devolpers should hire me to be a graffit designer for the game, then i can be famous, LOL!! no seriouly, i kinda hated TK either way, so dont expect me to really vote, but i guess i like 78 TK better than 06 tk becasue in 06 i think TK was kinda stupid, i mean, relly, but thats my opinion, so you kno. But i like 78 overally anyways, so once again, ill go with 78
By nitrored
Spoiler, highlight
78' because on 06' i hate him cus he lets ray die, "Thanks for leting My favorite carhater die,Bastard
By Coyote
Hey cool I didn't know that it's possible to highlight a text :)

blablablablatestblablablabla

edit: hey this is cool :)
By nitrored
lol, madness said that on the spoilers form, and stay on topic
By madness
umm posting that is keeping this thread off-topic :P

anyways like most other people here I voted for TK in 2006.
In 2006 he has a darker style to him that everyone likes.
There is something many people don't like about TK in 1978 and I think this gives people bad impressions when they first play the game. Someone I knew started Driver: Parallel Lines played it for about half an hour, hated the *78 TK and never played it again until I told him about *2006.

I think that 1978 TK did deserve the biggest dork of 2006 award in a way.
note: there was no dork awards, I made that up.
By TannerDRiVER
Registration Days Posts
46-years ТК could make plot of Driver: Parallel Lines rather interesting. So, I give a voice for ТК 2006 of release. :mrgreen:
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
I voted 2006. He sort-of reminds me of a video-game version of Jack Bauer from 24 but with a beard and a few more years. Not sure why though.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4