Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By madness
I was strolling around DPL's file structure to come along and find a file in the FMV folder called FRONTEND.XMV a standard driver fmv file which would open with blink video player so I decided to investigate the file further to find that it contained a .asf file a totally different file which I never though dpl would support.

So then I went ahead and opened it only to find it wasn't even related to driver: parallel lines at all it was a driv3r video, a video I don't even remember seeing in driv3r and even if it was in driver 3 whats it doing in the dpl file structure.

and if you ask me the way the video is made it's got that driver: parallel lines style to it so I wonder if it was going to have a purpose and they decided to remove it or something.

Attached is that very video, and what do you think about this?
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Trying to get it now. But it is taking quite a while. But are you sure that it's driver 3?
By madness
yeah, it was found in dpl but it's totally designed for driver 3, it's includes the cars, the cities and everything that was in the original city.

Also note the clip is only about 6 seconds but is in very high quality.
By Daltarin-Elite
It better be high quality. cause its taking ages. I'm not even half way yet.
By madness
I guess that's one of the problems, with dial-up... It took me 20mins to upload it and my estimates say it should take about 12mins to download.

But it is a pretty stylish but short video to play. But to know I found this video in dpl is quite amazing. I never thought reflections would leave such a think in the game.
By Daltarin-Elite
It took me 20mins to upload it and my estimates say it should take about 12mins to download.
Yes. twelve minutes. I'm still going at 4.06 and i started at about 3.00 Remember. i im new zealand and there is no competition for internet providers here so everything is slow.
By madness
Well hopefully it doesn't fail once you've downloaded it.
But most likely it'll work and then you can comment on it.
and wonder with me, wonder why dpl contains this video.

and I'm sure I never seen it in the original driver 3...
but it looks totally redesigned too. It's got that dpl style to it the way the transactions are made and everything like that.
By Steinng
Registration Days
It looks like one of those loops that played in the backround of the Driv3r menus. Maybe Ubisoft is making a new version of Driv3r and accidentaly put it in the wrong folder. :roll:
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Steinng wrote:It looks like one of those loops that played in the backround of the Driv3r menus. Maybe Ubisoft is making a new version of Driv3r and accidentaly put it in the wrong folder. :roll:
If you've got driv3r pc, I've used that video and made it so you can put in the background of the Driv3r menus.
See here.
By Coyote
We can see the famous white Mustang with Blue Stripes wich is only included in the D3R Beta Version of Driv3r (wich is called Driver 3. I'll made a topic about it another time, it's very interesting).
By madness
Very interesting just like that GTX in the original driver the yellow one. I really wanted to see some of these awsome cars in the game.
By Coyote
You mean the Yellow car in the Driver 3 Preview in the Stuntman game ? There's a lot of cars wich were not included in the final version.
By bb_42001
i just downloaded the video and it looks like it was meant to be an alternate menu style, or maybe it was meant to be the DPL start menu for the beta release???

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
It wouldn't have been a beta video for driver: parallel lines because the video is full of DRIV3R content. There is a chance that the video was added in there to put something their for testing and they forget to remove it.

Who really knows maybe we have to ask them on the next developers chat.
By Lseven7
bb_42001 wrote:i just downloaded the video and it looks like it was meant to be an alternate menu style, or maybe it was meant to be the DPL start menu for the beta release???
If you want to use it as a menu in Driv3r, see my post above.
By Coyote
When is the next developers chat ?
By madness
Coyote wrote:When is the next developers chat ?
There maybe no more developer chats, but if reflections are still in the business of getting out into the community a little bit more it is more likely there will be a developer chat about 2 months prior to the release of the next driver game which seems like it's going to be a long way away.
By Coyote
2 months that's quite soon :roll:
By madness
Coyote wrote:2 months that's quite soon :roll:
I think you misread something, I said 2 months prior to the release of the next driver game, that could be years away, who knows when the next driver game is going to be released at the moment.
By Coyote
ohh yeah ! I thought you said IN two months.

Maybe they're already releasing it :D but we dont know about that.

I dont think so… but we dont know…
By DriverKid
Yeah that's a D3 background video besides the shakey camera D3 Cerrano at the end. If you watch carfully, the cop car goes through the van and the stripe Cerrano like car is in Nice instead of Miami.
By madness
I thought this would be a good spot to tell you my modding finding. Which I have known for quite some time now, but it really isn't all that exciting so I never ended up telling anyone about it.

There is a variable to start driver: parallel lines's engine up with driv3r inside it. I've played around with it but I cannot get it to work. Hopefully we some more playing around I may be able to get it to work.

If only I could ask the development team these kind of questions...
By Lseven7
madness wrote:, but it really isn't all that exciting so I never ended up telling anyone about it.

Not exciting? I think thats pretty awesome.
By madness
Well I guess it's more of the fact that I haven't gotten it working yet ;)
By DriverKid
That would be awesome! Even better then the PSP I'm using right now! God that took forever to type lol! Anyways I hope you can get that working Madness!
By Daltarin-Elite
Well it's not exciting at the moment at least. Just wait until you get it running.
By T.K.
Wow. I love learning about beta and alpha, but that was random to put into DPL. :shock:
By Coyote
Then checkout the Driver 2003 topic.
By cleone
Interesting. I'll check it out tomorrow.
By cleone
What do you use to open it? I can't find this "Blink" player anywhere.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4