Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By Skylabh
For quite some time, i'm doing some GTA 4 characters rigging (no facial rigging for now, because a little more complex). So i chose to put the cop from the 2006 era, with all his textures. This character is rigged over the fat cop from GTA 4. Of course my rigging is not perfect, but i find the effect pleasant to see.

Thumbnails
Image thumbnail
Image thumbnailImage thumbnail

Video
moeed liked this
By Skylabh
PostalDude wrote:
bibidibabidibu wrote:but I prefer driv3r to gta 4 :)
And this pertains to the topic, how?
Great work Skylabh, interesting to see DPL chars in IV, even though they don't fit the art style too well (no actual eyeballs, eyes are a part of the face texture).
Thanks guys. I agree with you for the eyeballs. The problem is because a DPL (and also Driv3r) character is not enough detailed about its modeling. A while ago i tried to add eyes, but the character needs to be changed about its face. So it's possible but more complex (the modeling needs to be more dense).
Also i tried to recreate the top of the head in order to have a separate cap.

I applied a turbosmooth modifier to the head to see the effect on the modeling.
moeed liked this
By Skylabh
I modified a little the Wayfarer in 3ds Max, in order to give him a "beta" look (one of the 2 beta versions). The bonnet and the boot have the same modification.
Thumbnails
Image thumbnail
By Skylabh
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:nice work :D

looks like Im going to have to log in more frequently to see the progress :P
Thank you. Now i have to put the cab in the game. But before, the remaining lights and the steering wheel need to be changed :specialdriver:
Long before i made the cop and the taxi, i did other things with DPL models. For example the racing track and the garage from 1978. Once ripped, i imported them in 3ds Max and put some lights on them. I tried to recreate the blue/green (or cyan) neon light so it looks like similar as the original. Also put lights on the ceiling. I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Of course in Max the lights don't seem too bright, but that's not the case once in the game. Some renders with and without mapping:

Thumbnails:
Image thumbnail

You probably know these tires. I did an ipl placement test with them.
An explosion with a (probably) gaz can.

So here you have TK and his pals: the Mexican, Ray, Slink and the fat cop. Also the track and the garage by night. As you can see, the lights are a lot more brighter in game than in 3ds Max.
The radar HUD has been also modified and moved to the right.
moeed liked this
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Looks awesome! Would be cool if you left us some of your finished DPL cars as mods for GTA IV. :)
I forgot also this: the swat character from 1978 and the low poly police helicopter (don't know if there is a high poly version).
Thumbnails:
Image thumbnail
Wheels wrote:Looks awesome! Would be cool if you left us some of your finished DPL cars as mods for GTA IV. :)
Thanks. Indeed i should finish what i started before :mrgreen:
moeed liked this
bibidibabidibu wrote:Im still using your police models in my gta 4. The are very good in gta 4 atmosphere. Can you share your new peds? They look awesome :) good work
Some of them need to be redone or be cheked before, i think. Same thing for the vehicles.
Other test / unfinished work:
Thumbnails:

In summary, here is the list of the vehicles that i imported and tested but not completed to this day:
Cerrano, Zartex, Refuse truck, SWAT Van, M700, Meat Wagon, Wayfarer, Police Helicopter.
moeed liked this
By Wheels
Damn. I feel bad for GTA 5 players. Let's make 'em happy. :D (Sorry, I didn't want to leave a GTA fanbase out. This would seem pretty cool to have in GTA 5 PC. (At least for the people who love Driver.)
By Wheels
Skylabh wrote:I guess that i got stuck in the GTA 4 era.
It's not bad to like older things. :)

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg