Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By Olanov
'Realistic NYPD Mod' aims to bring more realism by providing a set of authentic assets for the police department, supporting elements, in both 1978 and 2006 eras. Artistic liberties have been taken to overcome some issues but the principle is to stay as true to the real thing as possible.

Mod updated with FDNY Mini-Pack (merged) as well as manual install starting with NYPD Textures.

List of features
  • completely revamped textures for all 1978 patrolmen
  • adjusted tone of powder blue for uniforms, should be more accurate
  • added and tweaked details such as more accurate placement of pockets, citation bars, correct citations, color of nametag, leather holsters for some peds, buttons
  • new more accurate hat, also helmets where applicable (motorcycle cop)
  • new ESU (Emergency Service Unit) texture for the '78 SWAT ped
  • re-textured all used Security peds to look like cops; used an unused higher resolution version of the jacketed guard (was 256x256 previously, is now 512x512 like most peds)
  • re-textured both Prison Bus and Van to be more period accurate to known references
  • re-textured the SWAT van to be just NYPD due to its multi-purpose use (also used in 2006
  • slight improvements to the previously used texture for Zartex
  • Included my old re-textures for all '06 cops, as well as SWAT (re-textured to ESU), for the first time in official capacity as part of the mod.
  • Revamped my old M700 (default cop car) texture to be more accurate.
  • Merged with DukeOfFail's FDNY Mini-Pack. Includes textures for Meatwagon, Paramedic and Firetruck.
  • Included first batch of textures for manual install.
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s1U5ZR ... qXIPY/view

Guide with optional download for NYPD/FDNY Mods merged with FOV fix and more:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2363619188

Now for some media:

Image thumbnail
Image thumbnail
Image thumbnail
Image thumbnail
Last edited by Olanov on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
Vortex, Sunrise_424 liked this
By Olanov
TheEngiGuy wrote:Wow, this is so awesome!
Thank you!
CarLuver69 wrote:I like it. Nice work! You did a great job with the textures (Y)
Many thanks! (Y)

Good news! The mod was approved and can now be found in the downloads section or alternatively below here.
(Nevermind using the downloads section. The download for my mod is broken as of now. Use the Dropbox link provided instead.)

-snip-

As for future plans, right now I'm working on correctional officers & transit police to replace the security guards.
By VAIMAHDO
Yay! I will download this when I get my hands on Driver 1 for pc, and get some speakers for my old tower :D
By Olanov
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Yay! I will download this when I get my hands on Driver 1 for pc, and get some speakers for my old tower :D
I'm not sure if you came to notice, but it's for Driver Parallel Lines, not Driver 1. Sorry!
By k9Underdogg
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Awesome job with these! (Y) :mrgreen:
man, NY in the 70s was so awesome
By ThE RandoM GuY
Registration Days Posts
I don't think Olanov will read this but if he does i will ask him, Olanov ¿ how did do to force the walking animations (the police officers were walking and not running in second 47) for that trailer man?

please somebody tell me how did he do it i want to know (i always wanted to know how to do that in Driver: PL
By ThE RandoM GuY
Registration Days Posts
PostalDude wrote:That other thing people use for playing games besides a keyboard, you know,, it has 2 analog sticks.......what's it called? A controller. :lol:
Yep i was afraid that somebody would say that, but ¿what model of controller exactly?
By polveremorta
Registration Days
Olanov wrote:Run it and select an application (Driver Parallel Lines) and then in packaging mode, click the folder icon and browse to wherever you saved 'Realistic NYPD Mod'. Select it and then run the game.
Doesnt work for me. Police cars are displayed with the original textures. I choose the game's exe and then the .tpf file, so I'm not pretty sure what I'm missing..
By MrMook
love the new update. just wondering. there a tutorial on the method you used to replace the textures without Texmod? and do you ever plan to revamp the Ambulances and fire engine as well?
By Olanov
Glad you're enjoying it!
MrMook wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:53 am love the new update. just wondering. there a tutorial on the method you used to replace the textures without Texmod?
While there's no tutorial (I don't think?), it's done simply with Antilli, tool by Fireboyd78/Mark Anthony. You open a file such as the ones containing peds, or vehicles, and find the assets of which textures you want to edit, or anything else you'd want to do. Once done, save the package as is or save it as a new one.

Some of the latest versions of Antilli have been uploaded into the DriverMadness Discord, for they've been purged on Appveyor. You'll have to contact him about that or just fetch it from the Discord.

MrMook wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:53 am and do you ever plan to revamp the Ambulances and fire engine as well?

I've thrown around the idea of updating other emergency vehicles as well, like the ones you mentioned, maybe even others. I have not settled on doing so yet. A resounding maybe depending on how creative energy goes.
By Olanov
MrMook wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:06 am i'll try and track down Antilli. thanks for the reply
No problem. Personally I'd recommend the Discord as even some dev versions were uploaded, and so far they've worked flawelessly + you get a pretty good way to seek out support too. Whatever you'll choose to do, good luck!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]