Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)

Where car controlling was better?

in Driv3r
67%
in DrIVer
33%
By nobodie902
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
I gave up myself a question, and realised that its quite hard to complain them. At first look you may say that in Driv3r physics and controlling were more realistic. There is really a difference when you ride sports car and for example rodster.
But, when i first played driv3r i didnt liked it because of feeling that ewerything is slow.. Not so interesting and enjoyable..

In DriverPL physics (as far as im conserned) are "easier" but on the other hand they are more enjoyable, more similar to driver1..

What do you guys think??
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
The physics in DPL are easier but not as enjoyable as Driv3r's. In D3, the cars were kinda slow but they had a weight to them(as long as you didn't hit a jump...) which to me, provided a simulation driving experience similar to Gran Turismo or something.

With DPL, the cars felt more cartoony and light and you almost felt you were playing an arcade game with good handling.

Since I prefer simulation over arcade, I liked Driv3r's control more. And for the record, Driver Parallel Lines isn't "DrIVer"
By nobodie902
Why not DrIVer? it was after driver 3, and before driver 5. Its logically. dpl looks too weird for me..

I like realism too, thats why i want manual transmission and always use it where awailable, but, really, realism in driv3r was kinda booring.
By Moonchild
Yeah, Parallel Lines is right after Driver 3 and before Driver 5, but I think many just call it DPL because it has a differnt character lead and a completely new backstory, basically it has no connection to Driv3r. If the next Driver stars Tanner and continues his storyline with Jericho or whoever then that will be the "real" DrIVer.

The whole realism thing just depends on your gaming tastes. I don't like the motion blur in DPL and the speed in the game feels kinda fake to me(I still love the game though) While D3's speed fells much more I don't know....appropriate.

Like I said it's all preferences, if someone likes Burnout Revenge their probally going to like DPL, if like me you enjoy GT then your probally going to lean in Driv3r's direction for gameplay.
By Sedans
As long as UBI gets baCK on traCK, and continues the game right, that includes car physics and handling.
By Coyote
DPL is NOT DrIVer. Madness showed us a Video in wich Gareth Edmondson sad "DRIVER: PARALLEL LINES IS NOT DRIVER 4".
By Moonchild
Coyote wrote:DPL is NOT DrIVer. Madness showed us a Video in wich Gareth Edmondson sad "DRIVER: PARALLEL LINES IS NOT DRIVER 4".
We know, we have had had this conversation many times. Strangely, I've been part of alot of them.
Skeleton wrote:except the motorcycle handling the car handling are great.
For me it's:

Driv3r car handling=excellent
DPL car handling=good
Driv3r bike handling=good
DPL bike handling=average
By TannerDRiVER
Registration Days Posts
It's very much a complicated question. On the one hand physics Driv3r obviously is better, than in PL, but all there cars react to your actions more precisely. I voted for Driver 3, because to me very much don't have these drifts on turns in DPL.
By Coyote
Okay, one moment. For wich Driver is the "DrIVer" ? This is confusing everyone and people will think that Driver Parallel Lines is Driver 4. This is not okay. Madness could you change that please ?
By Tanner1970
Driver 3 car handling is excellent, but physics are poor

Driver PL car handling is good and physics are excellent.
Last edited by Tanner1970 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Tanner1970 wrote:Driver 3 car handling is good, but physics are poor.
pretty much.....but i still think there both really good :wink:
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i think driver parallel line's handling is better. first of all it was nearly impossible to driver a motorcycle properly in driver 3 but you can driver it in parallel lines.
about the car handling,driver parallel lines has the best car handling i've ever seen on the pc. :)
By Sedans
I like D3's handling much better, Tanner1970 is the one person i agree fully with.
By madness
Skeleton wrote:i think driver parallel line's handling is better. first of all it was nearly impossible to driver a motorcycle properly in driver 3 but you can driver it in parallel lines.
about the car handling,driver parallel lines has the best car handling i've ever seen on the pc. :)
I can drive it very well.
You just need some practice!
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
I haven't played PL enough to know, but I had no troubles handling the cars in Driv3r. I'm a Driv3r fan myself simply for the film director and solid graphics. Parallel Lines has good presentation values, and a better environment. I'm likely going to give Parallel Lines another shot on the Wii. If it had a Director and front end mini games, I'd prolly be addicted to it.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4