Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By madness
I've taken a look at all the new information about the upcoming driver: parallel lines on Wii and PC and I haven't seen anything about Multiplayer...

I wonder if it's going to be in the final product or not, I'm sure they announced that is was really gonna happen. I hope they didn't get my hopes up.

So I pray and hope driver: parallel lines will include Multiplayer
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Now it's all well and good to say that. but do you really believe they could put a decent quality multiplayer mode in. What would you realistically do? run around and shoot eachother. then it just becomes like any other third person shooter but set in the seventies and you can run people over. while yes, i would enjoiy this for a while, but i would get sick of it. and the races in the game itself aren't really that exciting. they are just quick ways of making money.
By madness
They removed multiplayer from the PS2 and XBOX because they weren't sure how it would do, so they left it out of the game unfortunately.

Multiplayer isn't as bad as you think, you choose to do lots of driving type missions included "Cops n' Robbers", "Destruction Derby", "Races" and things like that. I'm pretty sure Reflections tried to keep on-foot stuff out of multiplayer.
By Daltarin-Elite
Now destruction derbey sounds fun. but cops and robbers never interested me. mainly cause i sucked at it in Driv3r
By madness
There was no cops n' robbers in driv3r, maybe your thinking about Driver 2.
Well since Driver: Parallel Lines has got different form of handling it'll probably be easier, but I certainly hope we will get multiplayer on pc at least but best if it comes on PC and Wii :P
By Alberto
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
madness wrote:They removed multiplayer from the PS2 and XBOX because they weren't sure how it would do, so they left it out of the game unfortunately.

Multiplayer isn't as bad as you think, you choose to do lots of driving type missions included "Cops n' Robbers", "Destruction Derby", "Races" and things like that. I'm pretty sure Reflections tried to keep on-foot stuff out of multiplayer.
You have just made the description of GTA SA's multiplayer lol, it's exactly how it is. BTW, like MTA, GTA has no multiplayer, some programmers decided to make an unofficial Multiplayer version of GTA, we could try to do the same, but we need some very good programmers.
By madness
yeah, apparently this is also being done with Mafia and a while back someone lied and tried fooling people with a multiplayer mod they created for driv3r when it wasn't even close to multiplayer.

However I still hope there is a real proper multiplayer. It's quite unlikly you get someone good enough to be able to created such a patch/tool/program which enables you to play multiplayer on a game.
By Alberto
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
yeah that would be really cool...btw MTA is based on mIRC, that'd be a start. :wink:
By madness
Well the game has been released and it contained no multiplayer, I'm so annoyed. Expecially since I noticed that the game contained multiplayer elements. This is the main part I found in a file which tells us a bit about what multiplayer was going to be like.
<ID>00900</ID><TEXT>Free roam in the city, no rules, no restrictions; just explore and invent your own fun.</TEXT>
<ID>00901</ID><TEXT>Be the first across the finish line to win. Be careful though, you are locked in your vehicle. Use ‘Respawn’ if you get wrecked or stuck.</TEXT>
<ID>00902</ID><TEXT>Grab a bag of ‘Swag’ and get it to your ‘Home Base’ to score. Steal ‘Swag’ by ramming other players. You are locked in your vehicle: Use ‘Respawn’ if you get wrecked or stuck.</TEXT>
<ID>00903</ID><TEXT>Free roam in the city, no rules, no restrictions; just explore and invent your own fun.</TEXT>
<ID>00904</ID><TEXT>Race to the checkpoints and be first at the finish line to win. Shoot the other players to slow them and look out for extra weapons.</TEXT>
<ID>00905</ID><TEXT>Kill the other players to score points. You start with some weapons but look out for extra ammunition.</TEXT>
<ID>00906</ID><TEXT>Cops: ram or kill the Robbers to turn them into Cops. Robbers: Evade the Cops for as long as possible. Look out for extra weapons.</TEXT>
and it was looking so good.
you can find more information abotu the multiplayer elements in the game by clicking here.
By Daltarin-Elite
It is unfortunate that there is no multiplayer mode but i'm not surprised. Driver has never been big on multiplayer. maybe in d5 there may be some
By madness
Yeah, but Driver: 2 multiplayer was awsome... Except it never really supported network multiplayer only split screen which was kind of annoying.

I absolutly hate splitscreen because it means they have to cut down half of the resources the game uses, and that means less traffic, less clutter and stuff like that that uses up a lot of cpu and video acceleration.
By Daltarin-Elite
I absolutly hate splitscreen because it means they have to cut down half of the resources the game uses, and that means less traffic, less clutter and stuff like that that uses up a lot of cpu and video acceleration.
Or in the case of driver 2. just 1/5 of the city and no traffic. I did love driving over big ridges around the residential areas in a limo. that was great.
By madness
I was just looking in the driverparallellines.exe file and I just found this text
“Press Button For MultiPlayer”, I think I might make a finding things multi player thread soon. Maybe their are pieces we can try to connect together to activate the multiplayer mode some how.
By Daltarin-Elite
This would be great so good luck with that.

I on the other hand are getting angry at myself for wsting all my money on a new celphone and also because i am tempted at the moment to buy DPL. i say this because i just didn't like it and to want to buy it?

Multiplayer would be great though if i did get it. But PS2... Oh well.

It would be quite dificult to make your own multiplayer out of the game wouldn't it?
By madness
Well I have no idea where I would start to create a application like MTA. So it would probably never happen, however if Reflections Interactive left it in there and disabled it maybe we can enable it.

and if you get DPL on PC I'm working on changing TK into tanner :P
By Daltarin-Elite
and if you get DPL on PC I'm working on changing TK into tanner
I sooooo want it now. but my pc wont run it and i and nor do my parents don't have enough money to but a new pc. the game will be like 35 bucks on PS2 but i am having trouble finding it

and i am not kidding. at the moment i have a grand total of 20 cents in my wallet and 25 cents in my bank account. i am fairly flat stone broke.
By madness
I could only suggest you check out ebay and I herd there is a better New Zealand version of that. Driver: Parallel Lines shows up on ebay a fair bit.

Also ask eb games if you have a store around there, and if they don't have it their new ask for second hand and if neither they can usually look on there system for other close by stores and finally you could ring up multipul stores.

If no one has it we know dpl sold well in NZ :P
By Daltarin-Elite
Or it didn't sell well and was therefore discontinued. i have to say i gave it a bit of a bad rap when i first played it. i actually hated it so much i quit after an hour and a half. but for some reason i feel newly inspired to buy.

The site here is called trademe. and no eb games doesn't have one new or second hand. the local store here actually has some amazing second hand deals. they seem to be better than any other store in the north island atleast.
By madness
Well hopefully someone decides to trade in their copy so a second hand copy will become available :P
By Coyote
in 2005 a online mode was planed. but they removed it --__--
By Daltarin-Elite
Corporate types are bastards aren't they. They should keep multiplayer stuff in there. it would be much more fun.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4