Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By nobodie902
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
So far, the fact that you can't burn your tires and showoff + use hard steer like in Driver1 is only disappointing thing in DPL for me.. I can accept worse detalisation of cars...

My dreams about Manual Transmission in games like gta and driver probably wont come true..... :(
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
There's no burnout button in DPL because they changed the controls. Plus, whenever you accelerate, the car technically does an overburn it's just know there easier to control.
Same thing with the hard steering, the game has differnet car handling mechanics. There good for weaving in and out of traffic but far different in comparison to the 3 previous Driver's.

Manual Transmission will never happen(especially in GTA). If it did, it would be an option. I think it would be fun for awhile but then it would just become tedious and boring.
By madness
I think if any game was going to have manual transmission driver would be the game to do such a thing. I could never see GTA with manual transmission, it's just a little too realistic for the game.

However once again "GTAIV" seems to have a totally different style, maybe they might make a complete overhaul on the game, who knows.
By Sedans
Yes, in IV it appears the game will be different, but it kinda hints off on the trailers that problemas will happen
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
problemas
Hey spanish.

Yeay GTAIV looks quite different and i despite not liking GTA am actually looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Manual transmission is not something that a lot of people would use and i think a lot of developers realise this and only put it in racing games where you need manual transmission to get optimum performance from your car. something that isn't needed in iether Driver or GTA. Forza and Grant Turismo though would use it for the reason stated above.
By Tailhappy
Registration Days
I miss the only game (that I know of) where you had to use a 'clutch', good ol' Race Drivin' for the Sega Genesis. It was fun holding down the A button, slipping a finger over to tap the C button, and at the same time upshifting/downshifting via the D-pad.
Best game for realistic shifting EVER.
By madness
If you wanted a game like that, you should get a steering wheel, pedal set and a driving simulation game. There was a really good pc title called "GTR" it's great with a steering wheel but is totally crap with a keyboard.
By Coyote
Yeh, there's no burnout button, but moonchild is right, the car makes a burn when you push the button very hard.

There's another thing, in the prvious Drivers, when you pressed (PS2) Circle and Square together the car made a burn ON THE PLACE. And in DPL that doesn't work, you can make a burnout, but the car will drive away…

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4