Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By madness
I've been playing "Driver: Parallel Lines" for quite sometime reading the reviews and investigating what the world thinks about it and one of the main problems which has impacted on the game is the games draw distance, sure it's not as bad as driver: 3's pop-in problem but it can get annoying being in such a solid title. I'm not sure if the developers missed the problem or what happened I'm not sure but this is a major request I'm going to try my best to make sure the developers and the publishers know so someone with the knowledge can fix it.

You can download a video explaining this issue in more detail by clicking here.
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i think the draw distance is good the buildings from far away looks very cool but the roads draw distance is very poor. by the way are you madnesspro from gamespot? :)
By nitrored
i saw the video and all i can say is look at need for speed, ouch
By madness
need for speed doesn't even have any objects to load, it's like one really large collision rather than loads of different collision areas like in driver: parallel lines. All you see is textures and the only collisions are cars and polls and a few little things like that. That's why Need For Speed can do much more and since driver: parallel lines is a lot more advanced it's a lot more work for consoles and pcs to render as your playing it.
By madness
UPDATE:
I contacted ubisoft tech support about the issue ages ago and I finally got a responce.
Ubisoft Tech Support wrote:Hi,

Thank you for the information, I have passed this feedback to our development and PR teams.

Kind regards,

Jacqui Lennon
UK Support Manager.
By nitrored
that looks like an automated reply to me
By madness
An automated reply doesn't take 3months to give a reply.
Automated replied are ment to be instant.

and that reply couldn't be automated because tech support is for solving console issues not sending requests to the development teams.

Also I belieave this may get the developers to release a patch, to make the draw distance better!
By nitrored
Well, Good Luck!
By Daltarin-Elite
Once more, great, i'd love it but only have the PS2 version of it. I'm really getting annoyed about that.
By madness
I'm very sure they will not release a patch to make the display full on old 4:3 monitors. First of all they are unable to do this because the game would look very strange. You'd see things your not ment to see like looking through the ground while driving with certain camera angles activated.
By DriverKid
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
The draw distance is annyoing on the Xbox because you'll see a Zenda or a BX-9 or a Teramo up ahead and when you keep going it suddenly changes into a Kramer or that Honda Civic/Toyota car. Also the police car's lightbars don't show up until you get pretty close.
Last edited by DriverKid on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By madness
Yeah, not that you remind me I noticed that a little bit on the xbox version. It wasn't too much of a problem, but it was slighly annoying.
By DriverKid
Yeah the cars were really low rez far away too. At least it doesnt freeze the whole system like D3 did lol.
By Daltarin-Elite
I don't have too much problems but today i had a bit where the frame rate slowed for about 5 seconds but then continued as normal. Atleast it was better than in D3 where if the frame rate slowed (for me atleast) it stayed slow until i died or something of a similar vain.
By DriverKid
When D3 freezes, it usually makes a loud buzzing noise which can be startling.
By Daltarin-Elite
I never had that happen to me. It usually happened in Miami or when i had infinate mass on in istanbul.
By madness
DriverKid wrote:When D3 freezes, it usually makes a loud buzzing noise which can be startling.
Never happened to me too.
Well maybe once on the PS2 version.
But when you think about it all games seem to do that.
All console games anyrate,
By bryand751
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
in the ps2 game in quens when im in a wrecker and i see a bus it turns into
a wrecker.
By Coyote
That's a classic bug, and it's not only in Queens with a Wrecker, it can happen everywhere ;)
By Daltarin-Elite
I have never nottieced that.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4