Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By madness
I was just playing driver: parallel lines and found some content related to the game when atari had released it on ps2 and xbox. Lots of the textures in the game that had something to do with atari were changed however a few items where missed this included the screen in rays garage in 2006 era which you can see in the attached screenshot.

This isn't the only time this has happened there was a similar issue with Driver: 76 which was released on PSP shortly before the PC release of Driver: Parallel Lines. In Driver: 76 an atari logo was on one of the drivable vehicles in the game.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
thats interesting... it looks a lot like atari's site.
do the ps2 and xbox version contain heaps of atari things?
By madness
yeah, the I've played the xbox version and it contains a few atari things. I wouldn't say to many things.

I don't have my xbox with me at the moment so I can check to see if the exact screen comes up but I'm pretty sure it would because they wouldn't make that picture to put it only in the PC release.
By Lseven7
Perhaps someone else can do it? I'd be interested to know.
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i realised that too.
also ubisoft added 'its' thing in time's square.
you can see tom clancy's double agent and assasinst creed's picture.
By DriverKid
On some of the race cars the Atari logos are still there (Wii, 76 and PC)
By madness
I never noticed it on any of the race cars.
Unfortuanatly I haven't turned on my xbox in a while so I haven't checked yet.
and I took a good long look in police hq and I noticed that there was no atari related content. Obviously the developers spent a lot of time texturing in there because I seen a box of Far Cry and a few other ubisoft titles.
By Coyote
They are thousands of Atari and Reflections logos in the game … just look at the times square or in TK's house in 06.

I remember the picture of the computer changes and at one time you see the Atari forum. I think there's also like a paper on the table and you can read 'Why Atari is #1' and then there's an unreadable text.
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Coyote wrote:They are thousands of Atari and Reflections logos in the game … just look at the times square or in TK's house in 06.

I remember the picture of the computer changes and at one time you see the Atari forum. I think there's also like a paper on the table and you can read 'Why Atari is #1' and then there's an unreadable text.
But that's on the PS2 and Xbox version
By Coyote
Okay, I didn't know it was different on PC.

You know, the Taxi in Miami (d3r), well at the back, there's no plate but something that looks like the atari logo.
By Skeleton
thank god ubisoft bought the driver series as you know atari is nearly going to be closed right now. driver series might be in a big problem if it was with atari right now.
By DriverKid
The old Xbox verson (Atari) of course has Atari stuff but I'm unsure if Ubisoft took them out of the Xbox release after they bought the Driver series.
By Coyote
That's a good point. Does anybody has the Ubisoft version ? If yes, could that person check if all the atari logos are still in the game ?

When you give a good look at the pictures in the police station madness posted, you recognize games which didn't came out at the time and which have beedn released by Ubisoft.
By DriverKid
If I can rent DPL for my Wii again, I'll check for Atari stuff.
By Daltarin-Elite
Did ubisoft ever release a PS2 version of DPL.

Anyway i have an atari version... Atari logos everywhere.
By Coyote
Of course, they realeased DPL for PS2.

I've got the Atari version too, but every version includes these Ubi game's jacketts.
By Daltarin-Elite
Well they stopped selling the PS2 version in New Zealand a very long time ago. Possibly before Ubi bought Driver.
By madness
Yeah, it become "I forgot what you call it"
but year, they did that because have to stop production sometime and they have just ran out.

I'm wondering why ubisoft haven't re released it with their own label.
By Daltarin-Elite
Because new zealand is at the bottom of the world and only 4.5 million residents, we're a small market and they probably don't care about us.
By madness
Well basically everyone is running out.
I've talked to people from all over the world and they don't have new copies of Driver: Parallel Lines on XBOX and PS2 in their stores. Only second hand copies.
By Daltarin-Elite
I was lucky enough to find a tin cased collectors edition. in a shop last month. So i bought it.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4