Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By the kid
Registration Days
:P hi i have completedthe game twice now and im still wondering do u get a plane on it because i read some reviews on it that said it was a gta clone on that you can get planes i was wondering about driver parallel lines can you get planes on that? :?: :?: :?:
By madness
rofl, I don't know who your where talking to...
Obviously someone who doesn't own the game. As far as I know it's impossible to fly, I might check out these limitations in the PC version. There should be something I can edit to see the limits of the sky, but I'm very sure you can't fly. I don't even remember seeing a plane in the game.

But once again I haven't played it in a couple of months since I'm hyping my self up for the PC release tomorrow.

Maybe someone else has some more information...
Maybe modding will get us there, I'll be able to see whats possible tommorow when I get the game in my hands.
By Sedans
There are no planes, but i think there is an airport, but i think it appears dilapidated in the '06 portion.
By madness
Well I played "Parallel lines" on PC today, and I've almost finished the game again.

and I noticed there are helicopters but it's impossible for you to get into one, but it might be possible to get your motorbike ontop of one in a mission. I was playing a mission not long ago, and you could perform a jump and if your far ahead you can get onto the helicopter, so far I've managed a second. I think it might be possible to stay on their longer.

Anyways I'm sure it's impossible to even mod the game to make that helicopter flyable.

Maybe a flying cars mod or something, but parallel lines seems as hard to mod as DRIV3R so I'll continue looking at the files and see what can be done.
By the kid
Registration Days
ok ty it would be cool though if you could fly and another thing i watched a trailer of driver prallel lines and i saw a ford focus does anyone know where it is in the game? :?:
By Sedans
Hmm, I have never seen a ford focus, but it might be a mod, you might wanna check..

And damn madness, are you joking? didnt you jsut get the game a couple days ago?
By madness
I got the game when I said I got the game :P
Check the shout box for the correct time because I posted a shout a couple hours after buying the game.

and about that ford focus, I think I know what you mean.
There are also no vehicle mods for the game, and now it's really only possible to skin the vehicles.

The ford focus can be found driving around as normal traffic, just in different colours so it isn't as easy to spot.

However I'm not 100% sure what car your talking about, just to ensure we are both talking about the same car, which trailer and how much time in the trailer can you locate this car.
By the kid
Registration Days
go on the website and go on the trailers itson addicted to speed about 3/4 of the way through (three quarters) :?
By madness
Well I had three different addicted to speed videos, but I'm pretty sure I know which vehicle your talking about, and it can be found everywhere in the 2006 era. So here is 6 images of what I think I'm telling you about (that ford focus)

If I got it correct maybe I can answer your question better but I'm sure you can find it everywhere, it's pretty random where everything is located.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
That doesnt look like a ford focus to me... but I suppose it could be the car hes talking about. THat looks more like a Honda or something.
By Sedans
No, that is a focus, just an older model before it took on that sedan look.
By the kid
Registration Days
yeah if it is that car in the pictures than you can't get the skin for it but i think it is a ford focus
By nobodie902
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
It is audi. look at front and back lights
in 4th picture try to visually add audi logo to the grail
By Sedans
Looks like a focus to me- i know this becasue one of my moms good freinds had taken us to looka t a ford focus, and it looked like that, he ended up buying a ford pickup truck
By Lseven7
I was just about to launch into an argument about how that looks nothing like a ford focus...

Then I looked it up, and it turns out that Ford make two versions of the Focus, a North American and an International. So the version that a lot of the people on this site (including me) are basing their image of a focus on is different from the one Sedans knows. Since DPL is in New York, it would be the american version of the car, so it could be a focus, just not the one most of us are used to.

I see where nobodie902 is coming from in saying its an audi, but I think audis are resonably rare in the US.
By DriverKid
The front looks more like a Dodge Caravan (the older ones) to me and the back is just crazy!

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4