Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By techmanzman
Registration Days Posts
i was wondering is there a central park in driver parallel lines. this game and a view other driver ones that take place in new york.

i have another question too is the world trade center in any of the games aswell
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I was looking for both of these and i don't think that they were unfortunatly, I don't know if the towers were built in 1978 and they certainly weren't there in 2006, so maybe that's the reason. On the other hand. Did anyone see the statue of liberty?
By Driver911
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
No, I can't find The Statue of Liberty..:S
By madness
The world trade centre can be found in Driver: Parallel Lines *78.
The world trade centre is also in Driver 1, I never seen how large the building is however the buildings surroundings are similar to the real trade centres surroundings.

Central Park is pretty much at the centre of the map. Right in the middle of New York, I guess that's what makes it Central. So yes it is i'm Driver: Parallel Lines.

So here are a few images;

Trade Centre

Central Park
Statue of Liberty

I also seen the statue of liberty.
It's kind of hiding out in the sea.
If we could swim in the game we would be able to get over there.
By Daltarin-Elite
I'm surprised i missed the statue really. As for central park. I knew that was there but wasn't really sure whether that was it because it didn't seen very big so i decided it probably wasn't. Central park is meant to have it's own golf course, i was also looking for that.
By madness
For the game is was fairly big, but of course not as big as the real one in new york. I never knew they had a golf course, but if they did reflections probably left it, for gameplay reasons.

But I'd say it's better to spread everything out for gameplay reasons.
Like the real thing!

But that decision is up to them.
By nitrored
you cant use the bike glitch to get to the statue of liberty .... sadly...
By Daltarin-Elite
you cant use the bike glitch to get to the statue of liberty .... sadly...
What's the bike glitch?
By nitrored
where you get thrown off the bike past barriers where noromally you couldnt walk!
By Daltarin-Elite
Wow. That never happened to me. I actually tried to do that on purpose but it never got me nowhere.
By madness
Apparently it's not a very easy technique.
I know this because I have never successfully done this and I have tried a fair few times.

When I've been researching the pc version, I've noticed there are really solid walls, they seem like there collision zones for quite a long way, however I could be wrong, mainly because I thought there would be no point having a full block as a collision zone just a wall or a flat surface.
By Daltarin-Elite
I thought there would be no point having a full block as a collision zone just a wall or a flat surface.
Well no there is no point. It's just a waste of space. But if you find a small flaw in the wall then you could get through. It's probably about 5 metres thick i would imagine just to avoid accidentilly getting in.
By madness
It's all in the programming, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be thick at all, just a waste of cpu.

It's all in the programming because you don't just accidentally get in. It feels like they let you in they make it weak so you can get in under certain circumstances.

Anyways I just worked out what could be doing it.
Programming works similar to this.

If "hit" == "collisionArea" stop.

But what would be allowed to bit that "collisionArea" and bounce back.

If "car" = "collisionArea" stop.
If "pedestrian" = "collisionArea" stop.
If "tk" = collisionArea" stop.

Now here is the problem, he isn't allowed through the collision area however when he jumps or falls of that bike another variable will be in charge, not car, not pedestrian, not tk.

It's like a transaction between TK and the Car(Bike).
and he could be getting through because of that.

Note: that this example is only really simple for anyone to understand and the programming in the game is a lot more complicated than that.
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
Wouldn't the two landmarks also be in Driver 76? Isn't that still set in New York?
By madness
They'll most likely be in Driver: 76.
However I cannot verify this because I don't own the game at the moment.
However I do plan to sometime in the future whenever I can afford a psp.
By Coyote
they are some little differences between the New York of DPL 1978 and the New York of D76, but things like the World Trade Center or the Central park are already there.
By madness
How about the Statue of Liberty is that there?
I'm pretty sure it is but just to confirm.
By Daltarin-Elite
Wouldn't the two landmarks also be in Driver 76? Isn't that still set in New York?
Yeah I think it is in new york so i would say they are still there.

As for madness. i'm not brilliant on my programing speak but what you say does actually make perfect sense.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4