Discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines (2006)
By madness
Some racing wheels don't work and others do, what's the brand, model number of your wheel?
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
the brand is madcatz. i don't know the model number but it was working on san andreas.

EDIT: it worked fine but its very hard to control the car :roll: :D
By madness
I'm not sure about the Madcatz brand.
How is it hard to control the car, could you elaborate on that?

With some wheels particular the logitec ones there is a problem where you turn the wheel around 25% and then it starts to effect the vehicles your driving handling. Do you have this problem or do you find it to sensitive or something similar to that?
By Skeleton
first of all there is a problem that i tried a lot of times but when i push the key for the horn for example tk starts to short. that's not important but you can't control the car very well.
well if you want to use a wheels properly must get logitech or microsoft's wheels :P
By madness
Logitech Wheels don't work the best on Driver 3 and PL. It works fine on Driver 1 :P

There was a microsoft wheel recommended in the read me but I'm not going to go out and buy a microsoft one just because driver is the only game that works for it! Maybe when I become a millionaire.

When you press the horn TK starts to shoot because the horn button is defined in game as TK's shoot button, you can totally customize what all the buttons do in the options.

You can make things go strange and make Left go Right and Right go Left :P
By nitrored
thats called reverse axis ^
By Doc
Registration Days Posts Avatar
you'd think a game called driver would be perfectly suitable for a steering wheel :? problem is your not always in the car, if you were like in driver 1 they would have probleys added a wheel calibration option like in Toca etc to make the controls a bit more precise.
By madness
Most car games built from the ground up on the pc platform have perfect and excellent wheel support.

Most driving game ports from console releases seem to have really poor wheel support.

It's unfortunate but I do hope that future driver games will include better steering wheel support on the pc releases, since these days these additional controls are becoming an important part of gaming.

and yeah, the getting out of the car can be a bit of a hassle, however when I use my pc with a wheel set I have a specially little setup which works for me.

I use a room with a corner in it. I put the screen on the very corner and I put the steering wheel in front. Then I put my keyboard to my left and my mouse to my right.

If I'm in a game like Driver: Parallel Lines I'll have a hotkey for getting in and out the cars on both the steering wheel and the keyboard. That way I can switch from the steering wheel easily when I go on foot!

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4