Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By Coyote
Yes, because they most likely didn't renew the licenses with Sobe. I guess all Nokia logos are gone as well. The video of the second bus is the wrong one BTW, it's the Nice bus. It's not the same bus model, but it's the same one like the Istanbul one, but with other textures. But the easiest hint is the Citroen CX. Strange :) Nice find.

I have the one that is on the right, i've never noticed about the Sobe logos, although i remember seeing lots of Nvidia ads.

I'll try to install the game in another computer and see this by myself, i loved so much the Sobe Bus and the Sobe Truck. :(

I also found a double pack by Ubisoft.
By Skylabh
max.thunder wrote:I have the one that is on the right, i've never noticed about the Sobe logos, although i remember seeing lots of Nvidia ads.

I'll try to install the game in another computer and see this by myself, i loved so much the Sobe Bus and the Sobe Truck. :(
You can import the SoBe logos back in your game, it's possible.
By Coyote
RacingFreak wrote:Honestly i prefer the version without Sobe... anyway, why didnt they fix bugs? Looks likey they had everything to continue working on it at the time
That's true actually, they could have fixed some of the stuff. Maybe even go further and use stuff from DPL, such as on foot physics? No but that would be too much I guess.

I'm surprised they actually sold it at all. I mean, it had such a bad reputation back then. And it was already few years back. Reflections had done DPL, which was quite different in some points, to take some distance from Driver 3. Yet Ubisoft decided to sell it again. I guess they didn't want to bother with bugs and perhaps just wanted to sell what was left? They changed the Atari Logos to Ubisoft and removed other licensed stuff which Atari had contracts for. It's Ubisoft after all, trying to get the last cent out of everything. No matter how bad it is.
Skylabh wrote:
PostalDude wrote:I have the Ubi revival version, and I have a Sobe ad on the side of the Miami bus. Does your version have the Sobe Dolva Skylab?
Yes it have it.
Not edited at all?
So you're telling that different versions of Ubisoft release exist?

Btw, although my cover has Ubisoft logos, the intro is with the Atari logo.
Well then...looks like they didn't even have the sources for the textures, considering they used a friggin paintbrush to (very poorly) cover up the Sobe logo...wow.
By Coyote
Hey I just noticed the truck has a Euro-style number plate, although I'm pretty sure there's no such plates in the US. They probably just copied the Dolva from Nice. I don't think they're the same model with different textures because this one doesn't have the button to open the doors and ramp at the back. (wondering what it would look like BTW, must be cool. In case they kept them)
So they could have changed that since it's a different model.
Because obviously they didn't have them? It would've been easier to use the sources than to use a paintbrush on the logos and hue/saturation on the flames. This is the result of not having source files to work with, which makes me wonder if they lost everything...it's a conspiracy!
Yes, I kinda meant that... they lost everything, but how is that even possible? Just a year or so and being acquired by Ubi... I think it smells fishy right there. Not to mention ever 13 yr olds can do better job on the Dolva textures, no? :/
By Coyote
Dykemann wrote:Dolva from Nice is a different model indeed, The box on the back is flipped and the overall truck is a bit longer .
Wow this is interesting! I thought so since it doesn't have the button. Didn't know it was longer however. But they could have changed the number plate to US format at least :P
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]