Discussion for DRIV3R (2004)
By cleone
UGO.com wrote:The impossibly moronic title is just the tip of the comically large Iceberg of Suck that is Reflections' Driv3r. For starters, the game's halfcocked story - featuring Michael Madsen in the lead role, along with other 'name' actors (the only real selling point) - closes with a stupidly ambiguous ending (which one died?!). An increased focus on on-foot activities throughout doesn't help either. Extra-vehicular combat wasn't fun in Driver 2, but at least it was limited. Here, you have a lot of footwork to deal with, and it's all bad news. Driv3r's supposedly updated out-of-car mechanics (including the new "ability" to climb ladders... whoa!) and some depressingly lousy combat (GTA III had better targeting) make every out-of-car segment in the game more than just a chore. It instead becomes full-time, 60-hour-a-week job with no overtime, no benefits and just one lunch hour every other Tuesday. For a series which is built upon entertaining car chases, there's just too little time spent behind the wheel in this one. Driv3r somehow strikes that perfect balance between Sucking and Blowing. And this is definitely not a good thing.
By cleone
Nikusakken wrote:Blame it on Atari that fails in bribing video game journalists.
Don't diss Atari. Atari makes awesome games! One example is Unreal Tournament 2004, which in my opinion is the best UT ever, or the best game ever!!!!
By Sedans
Atari does fail. I had more fun with my mom's 1988 Nintendo then I had with Driver 2 or 3.

And Nick didn't say that Atari Fails, he said that Atari Fails at bribing journalists, which is a true statement if I've ever seen one!
By T.K.
Atari's last good thing ever was the Atari 2600, which was released in 1977, and it was their second game console. The first sign of fail was in 1981-2 when they put Pac-Man on the 2600.
By cleone
T.K. wrote:Atari's last good thing ever was the Atari 2600, which was released in 1977, and it was their second game console. The first sign of fail was in 1981-2 when they put Pac-Man on the 2600.
Open your eyes!!! What about the Unreal Tournament series. The Atari versions of UT are the best, even better than UT3!!
By max.thunder
Nikusakken wrote:Atari doesn't make Unreal. They only publish it.
In my opinion the best game that published Atari was Test Drive Unlimited
By cleone
max.thunder wrote:
Nikusakken wrote:Atari doesn't make Unreal. They only publish it.
In my opinion the best game that Atari published was Test Drive Unlimited
Fixed. You had Atari and published switched around.
By cleone
T.K. wrote:We could tell what he meant.
I am just annoyed by grammar errors. Some weird obsession. :P
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
max.thunder wrote:In my opinion the best game that published Atari was Test Drive Unlimited
My favorite Test Drive game is Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. All the fun of demolition derbies without any real antique cars getting smashed!
By max.thunder
Wheelman75 wrote:
max.thunder wrote:In my opinion the best game that published Atari was Test Drive Unlimited
My favorite Test Drive game is Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. All the fun of demolition derbies without any real antique cars getting smashed!
Also Test Drive 4 was one of the best racing games,Need For Speed 3 was a amazing game
By PostalDude
Wheelman75 wrote:
YES.
That game is pure awesome sauce.
By cleone
PostalDude wrote:
Wheelman75 wrote:
YES.
That game is pure awesome sauce.
Awesome sauce? Yum.
By Sedans
Wheelman75 wrote:
Eve of desturction was great, I miss that game.

I lvoed how you could customize your cars sometimes too!
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Sedans wrote: Eve of desturction was great, I miss that game.

I lvoed how you could customize your cars sometimes too!
Yeah, it's too bad you couldn't do custom paint jobs outside of Career mode.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4