Discussion for Driver 76 (2007)
By helegad
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I'm a big fan of emulating PSP games through PPSSPP. They look great and function perfectly in many cases... except for Driver '76. I haven't been able to change any settings that have made a difference to the deal-breaking graphics issues it has on PPSSPP. Examples:

There's also something about this game's programming that drags down the processor. I can get the game to run at an acceptable frame-rate, but in slow motion.

Any ideas?
By somebodynamed
helegad wrote:That might be a common problem too... I haven't tried to actually play the game in its current state, so I can't say I've encountered that.
well I can play for a few minutes and than I get an error saying ppsspp cannot allocate any more memory than it crashes I found out a way to make not crash as much though I just have to play with FXAA turned off than ppsspp can allocate more memory but it doesn't help with those crashes when driving through certain parts of the map
Last edited by somebodynamed on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ThE RandoM GuY
Registration Days Posts
As a matter of fact i have that game in my ppsspp emulator and besides i got to complete all the main and side missions, actually i even got to unlock all the vehicles in the game (except for the punk muscle cars of course) and i always had those nasty screen bugs.

But i will tell you guys that i completed the game because i am very persistent and because i discovered a way to battle those emulator crashes you just have to use the emulator fast save to do this more effectively just pause the game near one of the crash sites (because this game in ppsspp dosen't crash randomly it crashes in especific places across the map) and then fast save, then when the game crashes just re-open the emulator, start the game and load your game, with this technique you can take just 2 to 4 days to complete the game like i did i will post a map of the especific crash sites when i have time.
By ThE RandoM GuY
Registration Days Posts
This is the map of the crash sites i mentioned above remember that those are the only ones i remember and that avoiding them can save you a lot of time and anger

http://postimg.org/image/mk8ct99uh/

good luck if you want to complete Driver '76 and don't forget that you need to be smart and patient.
By helegad
Didn't that ruin the experience of the game for you? Battling technical flaws the entire time sounds frustrating as hell, and I really couldn't stand it. Actually, I recently had a big craving to play '76 again, so with PPSSPP failing me, I just got out the old PSP, hooked it up to the TV with a component cable, and had a blast. Runs like a dream from a memory stick; I always hated the load times when playing from the UMD, but they're cut by at least 90% when running from the memory stick. Also, battery life was excellent without the internal speakers and display being utilized.
By ThE RandoM GuY
Registration Days Posts
helegad wrote:Didn't that ruin the experience of the game for you? Battling technical flaws the entire time sounds frustrating as hell, and I really couldn't stand it. Actually, I recently had a big craving to play '76 again, so with PPSSPP failing me, I just got out the old PSP, hooked it up to the TV with a component cable, and had a blast. Runs like a dream from a memory stick; I always hated the load times when playing from the UMD, but they're cut by at least 90% when running from the memory stick. Also, battery life was excellent without the internal speakers and display being utilized.

Well, now that you mention it, yes it was very annoying sometimes, but once i completed and unlocked everything i felt like a damn king, like if it was all well worth it
By PostalDude
Funny how every game running on Hamster (except for Stuntman, it runs fine in software mode, but the AI is broken in a few chase scenes, like on EU backwards compat. PS3s, so you might as well use the unlock everything cheat and just goof around in the Arena and mess around with Cheat Engine as well) is a broken mess when trying to be emulated.
By somebodynamed
strange thing is it never crashes on the android version of PPSSPP even when driving through crash sites! of coarse you still get those graphical glitches, how is the mobile version more stable?
By helegad
It's been reported that the bug causing the graphical glitches will be fixed as of PPSSPP version 1.5.0. Gameshark codes are already available that can do it. I haven't tried, I like playing on the original hardware :)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]