Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By madness
Leaving the mobile versions of Tanner aside, I think it would be a good idea to recreate Tanners entire life, start off when he was a teen till the day in driv3r where Tanner gets killed by Jericho. But wait, we don’t know that yet do we.

Well the game should start at tanners home in Miami as a Teen the place he grew up in. I think it’ll be great to see Tanner start around the age of 16 and then move up as we discover more about his passion for cars and his transaction into becoming an undercover cop.

16 Years Old
The game starts off in Tanners room, where we see all his toy cars, we learn a little bit about his life, his education and his lifestyle just from the scene in his room.

Tanner hears a horn coming from out side, he peers through the window and it’s his driving instructor, he runs out to the front door where his driving instructor asks him to get in. The instructors’ drives tanner to a course where tanner learns basic driving skills.

17 Years Old
A cutscene shows what wanted tanner to become an undercover cop.

18 Years Old
Tanner takes the necessary steps to become a undercover cop, in this mission he learns more advance driving skills.

20 Years Old
A couple of missions of Tanner being an average cop, mostly driving action.

24 Years Old
A selection of the most important missions which Tanner was involved in, in Driver 1. Including all the cities.

30 Years Old
Some continued time off the job after Driver 1.

35 Years Old
Driver 2; story. Including all the same cities once again choosing only the missions which made the game important.

40 Years Old
Driver 3; Story. Including all the involved cities up to where tanner gets in a pickle with Jericho.

What happens after here is entirely up to reflections to continue their plot from driv3r.

I think this would be a great way to continue Tanner in the next driver game.
This idea is probably too late, since the developers have just paced the concept stage however it would be great to see in a future driver game, an entire game which wraps up tanner in all the previous driver games.

It sure sounds like a lot of work recreating all the cities in the previous games but I think they should use little segments rather than remodeling the entire things again. So then Miami would be huge because you spend most of your time there.

The more time you spend there the larger the cities should be.

What do you think about this basic idea.
I haven’t given it too much detail because I could spend forever creating the idea, but the idea creating is primary Reflections Interactive’s Job and we are there to guide them.

Whenever the read the forums of course!
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
That could be awesome! Cities like Sanfrancisco (Driver 1) would be awesome to see recreated. But it would be a lot of work.

It would definatly be great to know more about Tanner in a structured way. At the moment it appears three separate games where made without that much thought for continuity except for putting some characters in more than one game.
By Coyote
Okay, I'm changing it a bit.

Leaving the mobile versions of Tanner aside, I think it would be a good idea to recreate Tanners entire life, start off when he was a teen till the day in driv3r where Tanner gets killed by Jericho. But wait, we don’t know that yet do we.

Well the game should start at tanners home in Miami as a Teen the place he grew up in. I think it’ll be great to see Tanner start around the age of 16 and then move up as we discover more about his passion for cars and his transaction into becoming an undercover cop.

16 Years Old 1971
The game starts off in Tanners room, where we see all his toy cars, we learn a little bit about his life, his education and his lifestyle just from the scene in his room.
Tanner hears a horn coming from out side, he peers through the window and it’s his driving instructor, he runs out to the front door where his driving instructor asks him to get in. The instructors’ drives tanner to a course where tanner learns basic driving skills.

17 Years Old 1972

18 Years Old 1973
Tanner takes the necessary steps to become a undercover cop, in this mission he learns more advance driving skills.

21 Years Old 1976
he just started his career in NYC, where he worked for his boss, McKenzie, at the FBI.

24 Years Old 1979
A selection of the most important missions which Tanner was involved in, in Driver 1. Including all the cities.

35 Years Old 19??
Driver 2; story. Including all the same cities once again choosing only the missions which made the game important.

51 Years Old 2003
Driver 3; Story. Including all the involved cities up to where tanner gets in a pickle with Jericho.

54 Years Old 2006
Driver Parallel Lines; Tanner stops Working, he goes in retirement.

56 Years Old 2008
Driver LA Undercover; Chuck, one of Tanner's former partners, took Tanner back to the FBI for on last job in LA

So ? :P
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Um? making up his life is a bit of a hard thing to do. And i just only just skimmed this, but does it mention anywhere that he used to be a race car driver, because i'm pretty sure he was.
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Um? making up his life is a bit of a hard thing to do. And i just only just skimmed this, but does it mention anywhere that he used to be a race car driver, because i'm pretty sure he was.
That is EXACTLY what I was about to say; I don't think Tanner wanted to be a cop from the beginning becasue you have to remember he was a race car driver before he was a cop.
By Daltarin-Elite
I don't think Tanner wanted to be a cop from the beginning becasue you have to remember he was a race car driver before he was a cop.
I think that he might have had an incident as a race driver that made him retire, but then the cops needed the best driver to go undercover and they found him, this has always been my idea at least.
By madness
He was a race car in Driver: LA Undercover.
I was trying to leave the mobile series out of this because the mobile series isn't created from Reflections Interactive.

Unless he was called a racecar driver in any of the real games?!?
But I don't recall that.

It's like calling him Tanner Harvey now because that was his last name in the mobile version. Who thought of that stupid name, I'd be horrible to use that story.

The Story in Driver: Vegas was pretty crap to, the mainstream of the series was a lot better.
By Sedans
In Driver I he was a racecar driver! helloooo!
By Daltarin-Elite
He was a race car in Driver: LA Undercover
Lucky him, i wish i was a racecar sometimes aswell (sorry, just being a smart arse, i know what you meant)
Unless he was called a racecar driver in any of the real games?!?
But I don't recall that.
I don't remember where from but i definatly recall it.
In Driver I he was a racecar driver! helloooo!
Well there you go.
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
He was a race car in Driver: LA Undercover
Lucky him, i wish i was a racecar sometimes aswell (sorry, just being a smart arse, i know what you meant)
LOL! Honestly right there you reminded me so much of myself.
By Daltarin-Elite
LOL! Honestly right there you reminded me so much of myself.
Is that a good thing by your standards cause i don't know you personally.
Some of my friends say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but thats just stupid, it's great. Sure things can be funnier and we have those moments every day when someone is in a fit of laughter of the floor so it's good to have a cheap laugh too.

I think Tanner should have a bit of a sense of humour, or atleast a sarcastic air like Jack O'Neil on stargate but not so much of an idiot. He still needs to be street smart.
By Coyote
madness wrote:He was a race car in Driver: LA Undercover.
No, that's wrong ! He was a race car driver before Driver 1. And I think he never was a race car but a race car driver lol there's a little difference !
By Daltarin-Elite
So anyway, now that we have established he was a race car driver, do we know any more about his life?
By Coyote
Well everything we wrote is wrong. We wrote he was a little guy who was 16 and who wanted to became a Undercover cop, but that's wrong he wanted do became a Race Car Driver (and that needs time … so Tanner in DPL is probably over 60).
By madness
Coyote wrote:54 Years Old 2006
Driver Parallel Lines; Tanner stops Working, he goes in retirement.
I really think Tanner should go to Russia and finish his job first. Or we can see him die for good and we see no more.

Yeah, now that you mention it I remember something sounding very similar at the start of Driver. I think I'll replay that scene again see if I can pick it out.
By Coyote
Yeh do it, it's the first scene, you don't have to play any mission so it goes fast.
By Daltarin-Elite
In the first scene of what game?
By madness
I think Coyote is talking about the first scene in Driver 1.
By Coyote
Yeh it's the first scene in Driver 1, the first thing of all the undercover world. It's even before the mission in the garage, it's realy the first thing.
By Daltarin-Elite
I don't remember that i'm afraid. I remember the garage mission and then the first one with the bank robbery, apart from that i'm at a loss.
By cleone
Cool game idea. I guess I could make that after I finish my other fan-made Driver game.
By Fireboyd78
Here is what happens in the plot in Driver:

You are a cop of 3 years working for McKenzie, and you are assigned the position of Undercover because of the crime going on. You track down a guy named Rufus, bla bla bla. Now you go to San Fran, where you run into Castaldi. One of his boys is Slater, who mentions "This guy (Tanner) used to be a race car driver..til' he had a little accident" (Slater caused it). Bla bla, this story is not true. Plus, in 2003, he would on be 48 years old, not 55. You guys suck at math.
By Fireboyd78
Ok, so you know how its 1978 when T.K gets his safehouse, and in 2006 it says Tanner wuz here or whatever? Well, we're going to assume Driver 1 took place in 1979, and Tanner was born in 1955.

16 Years Old - 1971
The game starts off in Tanner's room, where we see all his toy cars and other things. We learn a little bit about his life, his education and his lifestyle just from the scene in his room.

Tanner hears a horn coming from out side, he peers through the window to see its his driving instructor. Tanner runs out to the front door where his driving instructor asks him to get in. The instructor takes Tanner to a course where he learns basic driving skills.

17 Years Old - 1972
A cutscene shows what made Tanner want to be a Racecar Driver.

18 Years Old - 1973
A cutscene shows what Tanner had to do to become a Racecar Driver - Training, Lessons, etc.

20 Years Old - 1975
Tanner becomes a Racecar Driver, and is living his dream...

21 Years Old - 1976
A cutscene shows Tanner in 1st place, with Slater in 2nd. Slater does a naughty move and does the P.I.T maneuver on Tanner, effectively knocking him out of the race. Later that year, he becomes a cop, working in New York.

24 Years Old - 1979
The cutscene we all know shows McKenzie assigning Tanner the position of Undercover, mentions "We don't have many Racecar Driver's here anymore..", and asks Tanner for his badge. This, is Driver 1.

29 Years Old - 1984
Driver 2. Including all the same cities once again choosing only the missions which made the game important.

48 Years Old - 2003
Driv3r. Including all the involved cities up to where tanner gets in a pickle with Jericho. Tanner indeed lives, just narrowly though.

53 Years Old - 2008
This is where Tanner is residing in his apartment in New York. After finding out about T.K getting out of Prison, Baxter, who works for an unknown gang, is sent out to attack Tanner where the infamous T.K once lived. The entire apartment is blown to bits, as of which we do not know what happened to Tanner or Baxter.

Now this sounds more legit, and matches the looks of Tanner in Driver 1 - Driv3r.
By cleone
madness wrote:Leaving the mobile versions of Tanner aside, I think it would be a good idea to recreate Tanners entire life, start off when he was a teen till the day in driv3r where Tanner gets killed by Jericho. But wait, we don’t know that yet do we.

16 Years Old

17 Years Old

18 Years Old

20 Years Old

24 Years Old

30 Years Old
Some continued time off the job after Driver 1.

35 Years Old

40 Years Old

What happens after here is entirely up to reflections to continue their plot from driv3r.

I think this would be a great way to continue Tanner in the next driver game.
This idea is probably too late, since the developers have just paced the concept stage however it would be great to see in a future driver game, an entire game which wraps up tanner in all the previous driver games.

It sure sounds like a lot of work recreating all the cities in the previous games but I think they should use little segments rather than remodeling the entire things again. So then Miami would be huge because you spend most of your time there.

The more time you spend there the larger the cities should be.

What do you think about this basic idea.
I haven’t given it too much detail because I could spend forever creating the idea, but the idea creating is primary Reflections Interactive’s Job and we are there to guide them.

Whenever the read the forums of course!
Remember, he also used to be a race car driver!
By Fireboyd78
Chris, my story is waaaay more accurate. Madness' doesn't match the story at all.
By cleone
CarLuver69 wrote:Chris, my story is waaaay more accurate. Madness' doesn't match the story at all.
Your story? Are you talking about DMEP?
By Fireboyd78
No, this one -

"Ok, so you know how its 1978 when T.K gets his safehouse, and in 2006 it says Tanner wuz here or whatever? Well, we're going to assume Driver 1 took place in 1979, and Tanner was born in 1955.

16 Years Old - 1971
The game starts off in Tanner's room, where we see all his toy cars and other things. We learn a little bit about his life, his education and his lifestyle just from the scene in his room.

Tanner hears a horn coming from out side, he peers through the window to see its his driving instructor. Tanner runs out to the front door where his driving instructor asks him to get in. The instructor takes Tanner to a course where he learns basic driving skills.

17 Years Old - 1972
A cutscene shows what made Tanner want to be a Racecar Driver.

18 Years Old - 1973
A cutscene shows what Tanner had to do to become a Racecar Driver - Training, Lessons, etc.

20 Years Old - 1975
Tanner becomes a Racecar Driver, and is living his dream...

21 Years Old - 1976
A cutscene shows Tanner in 1st place, with Slater in 2nd. Slater does a naughty move and does the P.I.T maneuver on Tanner, effectively knocking him out of the race. Later that year, he becomes a cop, working in New York.

24 Years Old - 1979
The cutscene we all know shows McKenzie assigning Tanner the position of Undercover, mentions "We don't have many Racecar Driver's here anymore..", and asks Tanner for his badge. This, is Driver 1.

29 Years Old - 1984
Driver 2. Including all the same cities once again choosing only the missions which made the game important.

48 Years Old - 2003
Driv3r. Including all the involved cities up to where tanner gets in a pickle with Jericho. Tanner indeed lives, just narrowly though.

53 Years Old - 2008
This is where Tanner is residing in his apartment in New York. After finding out about T.K getting out of Prison, Baxter, who works for an unknown gang, is sent out to attack Tanner where the infamous T.K once lived. The entire apartment is blown to bits, as of which we do not know what happened to Tanner or Baxter.

Now this sounds more legit, and matches the looks of Tanner in Driver 1 - Driv3r."
By cleone
CarLuver69 wrote:53 Years Old - 2008

Now this sounds more legit, and matches the looks of Tanner in Driver 1 - Driv3r."
I know where you got the Baxter idea from:
Cabinets in TK's Safehouse Kitchen wrote:Baxter was here
By squeaky
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
MY CHANGES
In my version, Tanner was born in 1950. D1 definately did not take place any later than 1977...
madness wrote: 16 Years Old 1966
The game starts off in Tanners room, where we see all his model cars, we learn a little bit about his life, his education and his lifestyle just from the scene in his room.

17 Years Old 1967
A cutscene shows Tanner becoming a racecar driver and trying out the track.

18 Years Old 1968
Tanner is in a race and leading. However, Slater had disabled the brakes on Tanner's vehicle before the race. Tanner tails behind another driver, who is lapped, and when that driver hits the breaks to make a tight turn, Tanner tries to brake as well, but loses control and rear-ends the driver. The heavy impact sends Tanner through the windshield. He is alive, but injured very badly. He is put in the hospital for a year.

20 Years Old 1970
Tanner takes the necessary steps to become a cop. He learns more advance driving skills and how to shoot a gun. However, he starts out as a normal patrol officer. A couple of missions of Tanner being an average cop, mostly driving action.

24 Years Old 1974

27 Years Old 1977
Some more patrol cop duty missions, in Chicago.

31 Years Old 1981

45 Years Old 1995

47 years old 1997
After a two year coma revived from a flatline, Tanner searches for a job to replace the one he lost (when he killed the innocent person in D3). He goes to Detroit, and the police hire him for his undercover experience. This part is a series of missions where Tanner is assigned to uncover and eliminate a mafia's casino front.

53 years old 2003
Tanner seeks opportunity in New York, and gives up his job at the Detroit Police Department. He gets a high-rank job in the business world, but is disrupted when Calita breaks from prison. Calita and the South Beach gang seek after Tanner and find him in New York. They confront Tanner, but let him live. He must then covertly "remove them" from the city.

59 years old 2009
Tanner meets T.K. as a "business contact". In the supposed safety of Tanner's office, T.K. pulls a gun on him. Security removes him from the building, and Tanner finds him on the streets, weeks later. Seeking revenge, in the game's final mission, Tanner leads an elaborate car chase through New York City until finally cornering T.K. on a rooftop, shooting him in the head and finally killing him, causing the end of T.K.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]