Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Sedans
I dont get it, but I dont want licensed cars ebcasue than we wont be able to haev good car damage.
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Want em bad!
By Coyote
Okay, then let's say cars will have a perfect and ultra-realistic car damage. Would you like to have licensed cars ?
By Daltarin-Elite
Yes. We want liscensed cars and realistic damage. why do they companies care that there cars are getting damaged. they get thousands of dollars to have the cars in the game and royalties from every copy sold they should just bloody get over it. And the cars modelled on real ones don't really look that good. i just think car companies should be happier with the money they get. Apparently D3 had realistc driving physics modelled on...? a bunch of cars that dont exist. realistic my arse! Seriously they will be rolling in the cash so they should quit their complaining. "Oh No. We're rich... However do we live with ourselves?" Seriously. And real cars will make it better along with real cities. they are things we can relate too. so fine. Ubisoft doesn't wont to get out of pocket liscensing real cars. They make the god damn V8 Supercars games, they make rally games. All have real cars. Come on. Why do we have to be left out of what we want just because it isn't your best selling game. If you see a car in Splinter Cell, don't make it a real one because the point of that game isn't driving. But atleast the people who buy a game to drive should have the real cars that they want to drive. Bump the price up 10-15 dollars. We'll pay, we after all are the fans. The people the game is made for so give us what we want.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Yes. We want licensed cars and realistic damage. Why do they companies care that there cars are getting damaged. they get thousands of dollars to have the cars in the game and royalties from every copy sold they should just bloody get over it.
No, I don't want licensed cars but yes, I want realistic damage. Why do car companies care? There are many reasons, for one, they don't want there brand and image being associated with violence. 2nd, they don't want their properties being shot up, blown up, and vandalized. Car companies don't receive royalties, only console manufacturers get a piece of every game sold and remember these license agreements aren't for "thousands of dollars" their for hundreds of thousands. Really though, it all comes down to the publisher and I can guarantee you that Ubisoft will not want to spend the money to acquire car manufacturer licenses.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Apparently D3 had realistc driving physics modelled on...? a bunch of cars that dont exist. realistic my arse!
So, in accordance with your law, any driving game that doesn't have a little plastic logo on the front and back of the vehicle must automatically be labeled as unrealistic. Wow, I guess I missed the memo. Hmm, I guess all FPS's that have accurate environmental destruction are also unrealistic because well those particular buildings don't exist. I guess its official then, Driver (Working title) is unrealistic, the game may have the most amazing details, cars react unbelievably to crashes and the amount of detachable parts is amazing but no, the word Ford or BMW isn't written on the side so I guess it sucks.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Ubisoft doesn't wont to get out of pocket liscensing real cars. They make the god damn V8 Supercars games, they make rally games. All have real cars. Come on.
Do you see a common trend there? Those are racing games, which free-roam game do you see that has licensed cars? Don't name the Getaway because that's a Sony game, they have the cash and commitment.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Bump the price up 10-15 dollars. We'll pay, we after all are the fans. The people the game is made for so give us what we want
Yeah, you, I and other hardcore Driver fans will but the average Joe will not. And let's face it; there are more casual gamers then hardcore out there. Simply put, there will probably never be licensed cars in Driver. Hell, there aren't that many songs yet you still want cars. Keep dreaming man...and if for some magical reason there were licensed cars, damage would suck, like Sedans said.
By Coyote
You sad The Getaway is a SONY game and SONY's got the money and commitment. But I think Ubisoft too. Ubisoft producec very good games wich are selling very well, they just don't want to spend all their money in the Driver series. And today many driving games have licesed car with a very good damage. Just look at Need For Speed: Pro Street. Cars get destructible. And in Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Need for Speed: Carbon the police cars were already destructible and they were licensed Corvettes and GTO's.
By Moonchild
There is a big difference between Sony and Ubisoft, one has TV/camera/PC/movie/games etc. sales while the other only has games. I don't know if you've heard, but EA want's to purchase Ubisoft (or atleast own over 50% of the company) so Ubisoft has to make smart decisions. Plus, the games that you mentioned are again racing games, so your not listening.

I can't understand this "discussion" either. If your playing a racing game, yes, you want licensed cars. But with Driver, why do you need them? They bring nothing to gameplay at all. Whatever, you may wish for it but it's not going to happen. And to add, if I was a decision maker at Ubisoft I would compleyely ignore such a request and for that matter, I bet you that all the game's car decisions have already been completed, and the Reflections team is already designing the unlicensed 3D car models. Ha!
By Coyote
That means Driver will be EA one day … hmm…
Moonchild wrote:But with Driver, why do you need them?
And in Racing games, why do you need them ?
By Sedans
becasue most race cars have sponsers and they are not going to allow a sponser on an unliscensed car, driver doesnt need them..
By Coyote
Yeh but Reflections could make publicity for the cars. In the city for example.

And if Tanner's car will be a BMW and you'll see in a cinematic how good he drives and he makes no crashes, maybe the player's favourite car will be the BMW …
By Sedans
perhaps, but at the same time a gamer, as moonchild said, would see that same BMW being shot up and Tanner's blowing crap up and you see hookers and drug attics on the sides of the street and that gamer would disapprove of BMW becasue BMW sponsered a violent game.
By Daltarin-Elite
Maybe. But as me and L77 have said before. move away from the extreme violence that was stupidly labelled on D3. It's not violent at all. Driving should be a driving game and that was the way it was intended. So theoretically it's ALMOST a racing game, being orientated completely on cars like it started. Therefore they deserve real cars too. Also if, in the BMW senario again. What if it was a police car. Then BMW are associated with law abiding and justice... and thats a good thing. But the point isn't to be associated with drugs and hookers and violence.
By Moonchild
First of all, this whole thing of being associated with violence and whatnot is complete and utter bullsh**. It all comes down to money. Do any of you have any idea how much just marketing costs? Remember, Atari (Infogrames) sold the Driver license for a reason and the reason is simple, Driver Parallel Lines sold like crap.

So what makes you think that Ubisoft will dish out all this money on a franchise that has a low installed fanbase. Another thing, I mentioned before that The Getaway had licenced cars but guess what, large companies like BMW and Ford were not in the game because of money issues. I swear, this whole little disscusioin is a waste of time. There will be no licensed cars in Driver.
By Coyote
Moonchild wrote:I mentioned before that The Getaway had licenced cars but guess what, large companies like BMW and Ford were not in the game because of money issues.
You're talking about The Getaway ?

And I think every Racing game should have licensed cars. It's like that.
Cars are the most important thing in a racing game and their licenses are as important as the cars.
By Moonchild
Sorry my bad, is that the first Getaway or the second? But yeah, Driver is not a racing game so there won't be licensed cars. You have to pick your battles and in my opinion, the money that it would cost for licensed cars could instead be used for more FMV's or online play development.

*Edit* Ok, yeah a BMW in the game but did it change the actual gameplay, did it provide a new experience? No, all it did is give a shitload of money to BMW. Seriously, if Driver Parallel Lines had licensed cars do you honestly believe that the game would have scored/sold better.

Whatever, when the next Driver game releases you'll see there won't be any licensed cars.
By Sedans
Moonchild wrote:I swear, this whole little disscusioin is a waste of time. There will be no licensed cars in Driver.

No ****ing sh*t its a waste of time! most of us already know that they will never appear in Driver, yet some people still want to argue, so what?

The problem comes when people dont realise THE ONE AND ONLY REASON WE WILL NEVER EVER HAVE LICENSED CARS IN DRIVER: car damage. yup. thats it. Nothing else. Car damage, If you want sh*t damage, the go buy a game with licensed cars, i mean damn! im sick of this, we will never see licensed cars in driver if we wanted detailed and nicely damaged cars in driver, besides, as someone else already said (sorry, i forgot your name), the only thing that happens when we get licensed cars is this: Bad car damage, and a BMW logo stuck on the hood. wow. that does alot. "Licensed cars!" Licensed cars!" TO HELL With LICENSED CARS. The only way i would ever agree to see licensed cars in the driver series is if they had KICK ASS damage, or, AKA, they dont interefere with the driver series' car damage, becasue, thats basicly all the driver series has to prove them selves as a pretty cool video game. But like i just said, Unless they somehow magicly dont want to interfere with car damage, they can keep their licensed cars becasue IMO we dont need them, they'd be nice if we could have them. But they're not nesciscary.
By Daltarin-Elite
Gran Turismo 5 NFS Pro Street. Nice modelled cars... And realistic damage, so why cant we have real cars. at least make it look identitcal but dont put a bagde on it.
By Coyote
Sedans wrote:The only way i would ever agree to see licensed cars in the driver series is if they had KICK ASS damage
Yeh but look at the Getaway: The cars are getting more damaged as in Driver !
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah the damage there does look pretty good, but it Driver the characters and cities look better, so 1+ to driver. Maybe start of small with the liscensed cars. a few smaller deals and when they are recognised move into the big stuff like the list i made. Is that fair enough.
By Coyote
Daltarin-Elite wrote:but it Driver the characters and cities look better, so 1+ to driver.
Yeh the characters in the Cutscenes in Driver look very good, but don't forgett , these pics are not from a cutscene but from the game.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah but the ingame looks better too. The running looks just as bad as Tanner running though, isn't it awful.
By Coyote
hmm… i don't know. It's only on this picture, you should take a look at other pictures on the net, I took these ones cause they were the only pictures where the cars a damages. the only good pictures.
By madness
I think the damage in "The Getaway" is horrible, I personally preferred driv3r, however in the future I think reflections can do a lot better and we will see super awesome damage models.

I also cannot wait to see a really large car chase in a fmv, that'd be awesome!
By Coyote
Well the car damage is like in real life not like in a movie :P

Yeh I hope the damage in Driver 4 will be better and the idea with the chases in FMV's is good, we've never seen chases (long chases) in FMV's :(
By Daltarin-Elite
I like chases, like the blues brothers movies, they were awesome chases. If they could have like an hour long chase across a huge city like moscow that would be awesome.
By Coyote
Why Moscow ? Moscow is horrible man ! And a chase with Lada's is boring :D
By Daltarin-Elite
But Russia has TVR's. Can you not imagine a chase across moscow in the snow in a TVR, that would be awesome. Also lots of people in russia are quite rich, especially those who work at the kremlin so you can steal there supercars. Barely anyone in russia would have a lada.
By Coyote
Cool but you have TVR's everywhere in Europe.
And snow too.

:P
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah, but russia's more exciting than a lot of europe, i've never been there but it's what i'm told by my friends from over that way... Okay so none of them have been to Russia.

How many games are set in Russia, Seriously, especially free roaming games set in russia.
By Coyote
Russia is horrible, belive me ...

And a part of Russia is in Europe ;)

BTW we are in the licensed vehicles topic !
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]