Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Coyote
I think it should be good if Driver gets some licences of real car brands.
Today every game 's got them i mean NFS prostreet (and you can damage the car) The Getaway, the getaway black monday why not Driver ?
I dont want to drive with a cars wich doesnt exist… thaz ridiculous…

look: 1st possibility real cars and reals cities
2nd possibility (GTA) no real citiz and no real car

ut drivre 's got real cities but not real car… so hum
i want to make a pursuit in a GT500 oh yeah i can imagine me in that GT500 and the copz with their sh*tty Crown vics behind me… oh yeah 8)

okay what do think about the licensed cars ?
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I think licensed cars in Driver would be a complete waste of money. It would cost milions to have top car manufactures to be included in the game like BMW, Ford, Nissan etc.

Ubisoft is better putting that money into the actual devolpment of the game. The cars in Driv3r were fake but they were based on real vehicles and I thought they looked great(DPL's kinda sucked though) So the next Driver should follow the D3 route.
By nobodie902
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Waste of money? JESUS! im sick and tired of unlicensed cars! Gta sucks without mods. BUT THERES NO MODS FOR DRIVEEER! So it would be next step forward realism, and great "upgrade" for the series! Im so annoyed by one car in DPL .. its back looks like mercedes, and front looks wery similar to another car (cant remember now). Dammit, wtf? Some developers just edit real life cars and give them new name, but when you take front from porsche, and add back from ferrari, so every gamer identifies both cars, it LOOKS GAYISH!
By Coyote
Finnaly somebody who understands me !

Maybe you mean the Mercedes-Benz CLS-CLass

(these two are tuned)

In DPL it's called Schweizer.
By nobodie902
Yea i know about this one, but still it has more originality from one car.

COLLONA is the name of that bloody one. Back lights are like BMW's, but from the back it looks like old mercedes, and in the front its like honda or something like that.. ugh.. disgusting.
By Moonchild
I agree with you guys, some of the car combinations in DPL are just ugly and stupid.

I also want to see licensed vehicles in the next Driver, but most car manufacturers don't want to see their cars blown/shot up and just generally damaged.

And it all goes back to money, it'll cost too much so it won't happen for sure in the next-gen Driver. On a side note, I don't know the cash demands that car companies have, but I read in OPM that very popular songs from big bands cost up to $100,000 each. That's a lot of pennies for 4 minutes of "music" so it makes you wonder-how much do companies like Ferrari and BMW want?
By Coyote
yeh if the game is good and you sell it well it's not a problem, but driver is not sold as much as NFS or The Getaway.

And think about the Myiagi… :|
By nobodie902
Big bands? I dont know a single band from driv3r or DPL.
By Coyote
There's a list of all bands, songs and artists in the D3R manual (at the end)
By nobodie902
Millbrea 04 wrote:There's a list of all bands, songs and artists in the D3R manual (at the end)
And when i read it i see names i never heared of.
By Coyote
Yeah me too…

But I know a few of DPL's songs. They are some house music songs,,for example "Tribulations - LCD Soundsystem" or "Muscle Cars (Sander Kleinenberg Pace Car mix) - Mylo" and I like house…
By Moonchild
nobodie902 wrote:Big bands? I dont know a single band from driv3r or DPL.
Exactly, the publisher (Atari at the time) didn't want to shell out the cash to sigh up the big bands, so instead they got a but of newcomers who probally did it for real cheap so they could get exposure.

So what makes you think that Ubisoft is prepared to spend sh*t loads of money on manufacturing licences? And remember, were "disscusing" about little logos on the front and back of the car that you will rarely see in high detail.
Millbrea04 wrote:but driver is not sold as much as NFS or The Getaway
Actually the Driver series has sold over 14 million uniths worldwide, the Getaway doesn't even come close to that (maybe 4-5 million) DPL sold quite poorly so that's why Atari sold the franchise to Ubisoft....and this is probally why only the PSP and DPL ports have been announced, and Driver 4(or 5) technically doesn't exist since Ubi hasn't made an official announcement.
By Coyote
Moonchild wrote:So what makes you think that Ubisoft is prepared to spend sh*t loads of money on manufacturing licences?
I hope they'll do that and save the Driver series.

The only thing I don't want is the Ubisoft logo on the cover. That's why I'll made my own cover with the Reflections Interactive and ATARI logo :lol:
By nobodie902
I never liked atari. Reflections are only ones who deserves to be on the cover.
By Coyote
yeah I didn't like ATARI too but when I red somewhere that Infogrames IS Atari (they bought ATARI but took the name ATARI) i begun to like it.

I prefer the Infogrames logo but I think it's too old…
By Moonchild
Millbrea 04 wrote:I hope they'll do that and save the Driver series.
They haven't started very well, 2 mediocre ports and a forgettable handheld game.
It's kinda strange though, you want Ubi to save the franchise but you don't want their logo on the cover. Ubi's paying the bills man, of coarse their going to be on the cover.

It doesn't matter if Infogrames is Atari, they still suck. They messed up D3 and they have no interesting game licences under their belt.
By Coyote
I knwo they'll be the Ubisoft logo on the cover, but I don't like it :D I don't like Ubisoft. I want Reflections to get Driver back :'(
By Moonchild
What's wrong with Ubisoft?

For that matter, what do you mean by "I want Reflections to get Driver back" Ubisoft Reflections are only the developers, they don't own the rights or anything....or are you refering to the series returning to it's prior greatness. (This can only happen if Rockstar f***s up GTA IV)
By madness
I'll make you aware that UBISOFT is only a publisher just like Atari.
Reflections Interactive now named UBI Reflections is the development team which still include the same members, Gareth Edmonson and so on. But I really want to see Martin Edmondson back unfortunately he resigned just after driv3r was released.

Really I don't mind if the vehicles are licensed or not, as long as the developers and publishers have enough money to put more work into the game and I want to see the best damage models and this may get into the way. Pro Street proabably has weak damage although I haven't really checked it out yet!
By nobodie902
i think in NFS there will be more impressive damage model..
By Coyote
Of course. You should saw the videos if you didn't (go to ign).
By Moonchild
nobodie902 wrote:i think in NFS there will be more impressive damage model..
No way man, next gen Driver will have way better damage models and crash effects. In NFS the speed looks good but everything else..."meh"
Look at the trailers: (HD options are available on the site if you don't know)

short clip with a crash
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22160.html

developer conversation/walkthrough
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21919.html
By nobodie902
whats wrong with the clip? is see some real damage, cars wheel went off
By Moonchild
There's alot wrong with these clips, cars are driving 170 mph and very little happens. Some of the little damage details are nice but overall, nothing to impressive. The damage and crashes in Driv3r are better.
By nobodie902
Edit.

i watched the second one and liked that mirror thing. btw he says that Angle of a damage will depend on the result of a damage so...

So far i wont change my opinion. But who knows. I just wait for next Driver trailer..

Little offtopic.
Thing that annoyes me is that like it was shown in nfs, more speed, the farer car goes on the screen, and viewing becomes very bad. I play NFS'es with camera on the road all the time.. But in this case i would like to enjoy graphics.. if ill make it to better video card.
By Moonchild
Like I said, the little details (like the mirror thing) are cool but the big/massive crashes are quite boring. We'll see about that angle thing though...
nobodie902 wrote:Thing that annoyes me is that like it was shown in nfs, more speed, the farer car goes on the screen, and viewing becomes very bad.
It's a little annoying but I like you play NFS and all my other racing games in first-person view so whatever...

As for the next Driver trailer, prepare to wait a long time, Ubisoft is playing it smart and waiting for the GTA IV juggernaut to pass.
By Coyote
okay this is gettin a little off topic

the crashes in NFS r very big and impressiv

I just want licensed cars… : :cry:
By Sedans
Millbrea 04 wrote: I just want licensed cars… : :cry:
LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :(
By Coyote
What does that means ??,… lolz
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i don't want licensed cars and personally i don't think they'll do it because getting license is money of course but the reason i don't want licensed cars is for example i don't like aston martin too much if i would see an aston martin db7(for example) i won't drive it but if i would see it's similar one i'll driver it :roll:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]