Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By madness
Maybe not the next driver but in a driver it would be nice to see realistic traffic, even in dpl there wasn’t enough due to the hardware limitations, however it was a fairly large improvement to the traffic in d3.

I know this traffic can be frustrating and annoying so I think it would be nice to have some sort of a difficulty slider and you can go back and change it at anytime depending on how hard you’re finding the game and moving this slider into the harder position will increase traffic.

Alternatively there should be a more advanced version of the difficulty option where you can choose between individual settings either that or this could just be part of the gameplay tab like in the PC version of dpl (however the pc version is still pretty limitated, although it has been improved ever since the pc release).

Basically what I’m really asking is for the ability to have up to 200 vehicles on the screen at once, when you go into big car parks for instants. Then you’ll be able to go into a really realistic situation. However one of the big problems with this is you’d have to take out other things that take up a lot of cpu to improve this so really it isn’t the best idea but if they made one driver game with the ability of doing just that it would be great!

What does anyone else here think about this little idea?
By Sedans
You dont ask for musch, do you?

Well mayb if the next game is set in LA or NYC, 200 cars one the screen would be realistic.

One thing youll notice in games is there are alotta cars where they really shouldnt be, and in areas where they should be, they are few or none, Like when you drive through residential neighborhoods you get pounded with traffic, but when you go through Times Square, the strip, or parking lots, you see like 3-15 cars- so wrong. Also in places like NYC, there are only a few taxis and police, In the real NYC, There are estimated hundreds of taxis on one city block in NYC, and dozens of police after 9/11.

So UBI should really take time into that one the next game.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I like the idea.

When you drive through the CBD of a town in the middle of the day, it is diffucult to find a park. When you drive through the CBD of D3miami however, there is the occasional car on the side of the road, and parking lots/buldings are practically empty. And dont big cities have gridlock around dawn and dusk? I reckon it would be awesome having a mission on a highway in traffic that was at a complete standstill... trying to get through would be fun... for some reason 18 wheelers and buldozers are coming to mind, but seriously you could get out of your car and jump on a bike and weave your way through or something.

Traffic (and parking spaces being empty) has been one of the biggest dissapointments for me in driving games set in cities. I look forward to a game that can finally pull it off realistically.

And I like madness's idea of having individual diffuculty sliders for different game elements. You could adjust everything from traffic to AI speed.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
for some reason 18 wheelers and buldozers are coming to mind
This coming from the person who accidentally slipped with a grenade launcher and blew up his beloved Peugeot 306 hatchback in Nice.

200 is a lot of cars. like sedans says.
You dont ask for musch, do you?
A little spelling mistake but you get the idea. dont the figures currently stand, for DPL at, 80 cars, 200 pedestrians and 1000000 pieces of litter on screen at any one time. thats a lot as it is. the instant cops came i was srewed cause i couldn't get away. so i just tried to drive off the egde of that big bridge over the water but it didn't work.
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote: srewed
Ha. you make mistakes too, but thats what makes us human :P

so dont get pissed because i was just joking and couldnt help but to point it out.

The main thing you have to think about is that if we somehow managed to get exta high goals like that , it would take up pkanty of disk space, it would be bad, but technology is changing every day so mayb by the time the next driver comes out we will ahve the tools needed to make it work right.
By Daltarin-Elite
pkanty
HUH?

I'm not annoyed no. I can generally spot a joke but i realised as i did it to you just before.

Me and lseven7 learnt not that long ago, he probably remembers better than me but aparently the worlds knowlegde is doubling every two and a half weeks. i think thats right, so at that rate the new driver game will be obsolete and surpassed 2 weeks after its release... DAMN!
By Sedans
i meant "planty" wow, it goes on and on....
By Daltarin-Elite
Yes it does.

And a different spin on what you meant about more cars. how about more different cars. I post somewhere a list that me and Lseven7 have made. and yes sedans there is more.

We worked on Driver: The Chaos Theory.
Tan Gurismo
and Driver Online which we haven't yet talked about.

and under the chaos theory. we made a list of so far 124 vehicles. we are hoping for more but at the moment this is all we have. i'll post them under the Driver 5 thread and ill call it The Cars for D5 (ideas).
By Sedans
um....ok
By madness
I was just thinking about the grenade and rocket launchers.
If you ever get sick of waiting in the traffic you should be able to get out of the car, pull out a rocket or grenade launcher and launch it into all of the cars.

Making everyone panic trying to drive away, driving off road and crashing into everything.

Would that be great!
By Sedans
not to mention the millions of pieces of twisted metal =D
By madness
Driver: Parallel Lines dose make some pretty good use out of the cpu with great streaming techniques. Reflections Interactive did a very good job doing what they did, I took a look at the engines in many other games and dpl has a really good engine making everything run mainly because it can do so much with such little cpu, loads of cars... loads of flying rubbish, lots of pedestrians. Developers are really limited these days, but if you take lots out you can really focus on the amount of cars.

Every single car that loads into the game has to go through many different processes. But it's quite amazing what a little cheap can do. As long as it's got a fan to keep it cool!
By Daltarin-Elite
while it may be cool having all that on the screen it does sometimes make gameplay difficult. but the destruction of cars is something i really like. to have it realistically blown up is great. the more peices the better. its just unfortunate that broken peices are identical as opposed to unique depending on impact and source of explosions etc.
By madness
yeah, I guess the idea of more broken pieces is better in a way, but both would be awesome. Having your car broken up into hundreds and thousands of pieces would be awesome.
By Coyote
Yeh but it's difficult to programm :?

I think it would be good if at the times square for example there is a lot of people and cars but in the Bronx there's nobody on the road.
Dalatarin is right, it would make the gameplay dificult.
So the idea to have more or less traffic on different places would be good cause in missions you'll drive true the bronx if you have to go to… i don't know… Cosey Island and not tru Manhattan.
BUT, in the free ride mode you'll go to the times square where you can launch rockets in the traffic :D
By madness
There should just be that little slider option where you have the ability to change the traffic difficulty as I mentioned above.

But it wouldn't be that hard to program, they just need to change th currently variable from 20 or whatever it is to something like 50 on the screen at once time. Maybe it is a little harder programming the way the traffic rreacts when there is too much traffic. But if Reflections could program the game where the cops would box you in then they can do this easily by adding more traffic.
By Miller
I like PC games that offer the widest possible variety when it comes to providing options that are aimed at accommodating hardware limitations.
madness wrote:I was just thinking about the grenade and rocket launchers.
If you ever get sick of waiting in the traffic you should be able to get out of the car, pull out a rocket or grenade launcher and launch it into all of the cars.

Making everyone panic trying to drive away, driving off road and crashing into everything.

Would that be great!
LOL! I agree completely.

*[Edit- I was originally going to write options that are aimed at accommodating hardware capabilities, rather than hardware limitations. I guess the term capabilities does a better job of covering both those whose specs don’t quite meet recommended system requirements for a game, as well as those whose rigs exceed the minimum.]
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]