Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
they have always been fairly good here in NZ but they take months to mend one tiny pothole. because for some reason they cut up about 20 metres of road going in all directions from the hole. thats about 15 yards or 60 feet. i dont know what standard measurements you use.
By Sedans
neither do i..lol
By Daltarin-Elite
well thats kind of bad really considering they are standard in your country
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:well thats kind of bad really considering they are standard in your country
yea i kno.. but dont care-- hell im already on a dead end life anyways...
By Daltarin-Elite
Very optomistic. according to lseven7, i had an argument with him about this. he says that if you tell yourself you will acheive something then eventually you will. now personally i think thats a load of crap. people have been telling themselves "I will cure cancer" but they didn't.
Anyway. thats a terrible lookout to have on life even if its true.
By nitrored
Sedans wrote:
Daltarin-Elite wrote:well thats kind of bad really considering they are standard in your country
yea i kno.. but dont care-- hell im already on a dead end life anyways...
its even worse considering i do and im in tha 6th grade :p
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Very optomistic. according to lseven7, i had an argument with him about this. he says that if you tell yourself you will acheive something then eventually you will. now personally i think thats a load of crap. people have been telling themselves "I will cure cancer" but they didn't.
Anyway. thats a terrible lookout to have on life even if its true.
yah huh?

Well mayb so but [no offense] you jus dont know what it is...if youd walk in my sneaks for awhile you feel tha same way..
By nitrored
so would u if u walked in mine.
By Sedans
DPLkicksASS wrote:so would u if u walked in mine.
no offense, buy ur 10, theres no way you xould feel the same
By Daltarin-Elite
yeah. maybe. the whole other person shoes thing is a hard thing to prove but there is probably some truth in it.
By nitrored
thats not wat i ment :?
By Daltarin-Elite
he's got a point. the age diference would definatly be a factor. thats why the three of us think differently. even though i'm only a year older than sedans the experience and knowledge gained in that year is invaluble to the rest of my life.

Just like RAIN where would we be without it.

So Sorry Madness. i've never been so off topic before. I didn't mean to Honest. I was just having a decent conversation that i haven't has with sedans... ever. SORRY!
By nitrored
well ill help out by deleteing my off topic posts
By nitrored
thats wierd i cant :? :/
By Daltarin-Elite
Well good luck. i'm not gonna bother. i'm just gonna be more on topic.

like rain for instance. Rain is never off topic.
By Daltarin-Elite
There is bloody rain. in TAR mode. maybe not in the proper mode though.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
There was rain in some of the missions in the original Driver and like you said, in Take A Ride mode from Driv3r.

I don't know, if the next Driver game is going to be open ended like DPL then I guess that realtime weather changes will be needed but such a feature will probally lower the chances of the Film Director returning so if it comes down to it, weather should take a backseat to other more important things. Plus, I'm happy with just day and night changes. Though, if for sure the FD won't be included then there needs to be rain and maybe some snow for ambience purposes.
By Daltarin-Elite
Just weather in general really. Rain should make you slide on the road if you take a corner too fast and yes... Snow. It can slow you down and you need snow plows or have to do a mission on foot if you cant drive cause of snow.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
It depends on the cities though, if for example it was in New York again (I know it won't be) then snow shoudn't be in the game. And I woudn't want so much snowfall that I coudn't drive, that would get kind of annoying. Rain like I said would be a welcome addition.

There could be some fog but that would also get annoying since you woudn't be able to see the road. One thing that I would like to see though is a little color variation when the seasons change.
By Daltarin-Elite
Definately about the snow not being in New York but i think that may have been taken a bit out of context. somewhere in russia or england would be fine for snow though.
By Coyote
Yeh snow ! snow is cool ! Shame that there's no smow and rain in DPL, the game would be much better.
By Daltarin-Elite
Sure it would have made DPL a bit better but it was never going to absolutley revolutionise the game. Maybe if snow and the other weathers were added on in the beggining and can easily effect the way a mission turns out would be good. As for a featurful add on that doesn't effect gameplay, i dont want it.
By Nikusakken
Hey, D2 had rain, in some undercover missions and in Havana in TAR (not sure if that is a glitch or an Easter Egg) but had. Well anyways, realistic rain would be cool, so you can make big crashes :D
By Daltarin-Elite
Well i doubt it was an easter egg or a glitch to have rain, but yeah D2 did have rain.

But i want rain to actually direct the outcome of the mission, so it becomes hard to drive as fast as you normally would. And to have a slowed down crash in the rain in film director would be brilliant if they get crash physics 100% true to life.
By T.K.
Yes I've always wanted to see weather effects in DPL
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]