Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By madness
I think the next driver game needs a Dash Board View, some sort of “Dash View” which enables you to look at the cars interior including the steering wheel while driving, maybe the radio and a few other car parts an even better idea would be to give the player the ability to move around in there by using the mouse so you can check out all sorts of directions in the car, however this option would be limited to the PC.

Many games these days have some sort of Dash Board View and it would be a great option to have one in the next driver game or even in the PC version of Driver: Parallel Lines if there is enough time to include it.

Attached are some screenshots of “Dash Views” from many other games.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I remember Vrally 2 - I got it free with Nutri Grain :). I really like the idea of an interacive car interior.

Apparantly test drive unlimited on pc lets you control everything from radio to electric windows using mouse. I havent actually played the game myself, but I have heard that it is a real breakthrough in car simulation in that way. Hopefully we will see that in an up coming driver :)
By madness
Well in the game GTR, which I just purchased I think I was able to push buttons on the dash and that game was so realistic, it was almost impossible to finish first in complete realistic mode.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Sometimes games get so realistic they are ridiculously hard and boring. The next driver still needs to be fun (or have different levels of difficult like you said with gtr and many other realistic driving games.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Dash veiw would be good, but i wouldn't use it. I am prone to motion sickness and as a result can only play a driving game for so long and in car veiws only make it worse. The reason for motion sickness is because your ears aren't hearing what your eyes are seeing. and games are getiing so good these days that my eyes see what my ears here. Thus preventing my sickness good huh?
By madness
Sounds like you need some real proper sourround sound speakers with proper sub and everything and not forgetting the next generation driver game.

Soon I'll update the screenshots in the first post with some more screenshots from more games. I like to feel like a real driver while in the game and that's one of the reasons I like dash view.
By Daltarin-Elite
No. I do alright with the mono speakers on the front of my tv cause i only see whats in front and barely here whats behind.

I used to love dash view aswell because i found it much easier to run a tight line but then i found it made me sick and stopped using it.

I think you should just post the screenshots anywhere. it doesn't have to be in the first heading. because frequents to the topic won't actually go back to the main heading unless told there is something new there.
By Skeleton
before dashview there must be other 'view's maybe there were few camera options in other drivers(except driver parallel-lines) parallel lines only had 2 different camera angles and if you were using a big vehicle like bus or a truck it was impossible to see the whole car while driving.
By Coyote
The Driver 1 Demo for PC and MAC had a Dashboard view, maybe the Real game has got it too. But I think it wasn't a DashView, but you can see the hub …
By Daltarin-Elite
Well. part of the reason maybe that they dont realy model the interiors of the cars so if they have a dash veiw then you would see a big lump of unrendered plastic that yould look terrible.
By madness
Yeah, people put the film director there in Driver 3 sometimes and it looks horrible!

There was a screenshot for the Wii version of DPL and the interior looked pretty good! But I haven't played the Wii version of DPL yet because first I'd have to have an Nintendo Wii!
By Sedans
I guess i honestly perfer dash view other than any other view out hthere, i mean, honestly, my VERY favorite is hood vire, but dash view i guess is the next best thing, I forgot whcih game i had with hood view, i know there was more than one. anyways i dont play on my PC so i wouldnt be able to have a steering wheel, (yea i know it sucks really bad) but it would still be awesome, especially like on a cop car if you were chasing someone you could look like you were on a n episode of cops, LOL! I dont know, it would however sometimes be a hard view to operate, but i wont get too much into that. Plus if we have a dash or a hood view i really think we should also be able to look around the rest of the interior of the vehicle, anyone agree? I mean you could be driving and look back but be able to rotate to check your side and ect. or if you have another person in the car you should be able to see them in the car ect ect ect...

Well anyone agree?????
By Coyote
Yeh I agree with you. You mean it should be like in GTA San Andreas, the game has got a in-car view except for the front but if you look behind you you can see your homies or whoever is at the back.
By Daltarin-Elite
I totally agree. but i don't want a bunch of homies in the back seat. He's a cop for gods sake, he doesn't have homies. so yeah like an episode of those car chases.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]