Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
If the driver original driver games and hopefully driver 5 were based on an undercover cop, wouldn't it stand to reason that there were more covert missions where you sneak through a base of some sort and steal information that can be used in a multiple ending game. And wouldn't it be awesome if slink from paralelelellelelelellleleleeeel got shaved. I think that driver should however return to it's roots of a driving game rather than an angry gta styled kid from the seventies with an affinity fro suede jackets. I think tha ubisoft will be great developers of the driver series as they have great game physics for driving and shooting, much like driver 3 style but with better physics. DRIV3R IS THE BEST!
By Sedans
um... its hard to understand that but most that i can underswtand IS correct, I agree totally with it.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:If the driver original driver games and hopefully driver 5 were based on an undercover cop, wouldn't it stand to reason that there were more covert missions where you sneak through a base of some sort and steal information that can be used in a multiple ending game. And wouldn't it be awesome if slink from paralelelellelelelellleleleeeel got shaved. I think that driver should however return to it's roots of a driving game rather than an angry gta styled kid from the seventies with an affinity fro suede jackets. I think tha ubisoft will be great developers of the driver series as they have great game physics for driving and shooting, much like driver 3 style but with better physics. DRIV3R IS THE BEST!
I'd agree, driv3r is the best in my eyes.
However they just had to fix up a bunch of bugs and make it slightly more realistic since it is possible to make your car flip a million times and thats' not realistic.

But I always come back to the idea of having cheats to make it glitch or cheats that enable to do things which the player would like to do but can't when there are no glitches. Like a flying cheat to get to those places and a walking through walls type cheat.
By Daltarin-Elite
I agree with you madness! the physics sucked but that made it slightly more fun. and flying would be great, for the simple reason that in miami there are a set of tram lines that it seems to me impossible to get onto and i really want to. If it is possible please tell me how.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I agree with you madness! the physics sucked but that made it slightly more fun. and flying would be great, for the simple reason that in miami there are a set of tram lines that it seems to me impossible to get onto and i really want to. If it is possible please tell me how.
apparently sedans managed too, there is a topic somewhere discussing it.

I really like the idea of super-realistic games with crazy cheats that totally change everything, just for fun. And i also like the idea of having to work for cheats,as sort of rewards.

I believe (and i thought Daltarin-Elite believed) that the next gave should Be Driver 4/DrIVer rather that Driver 5, beacuse that is really what it is (that is if tanner isback)
By Daltarin-Elite
No Stinker. I think it should be called The Chaos Theory. You of all should know that, considering we work on it most days in form time. or at least try to.
By madness
and the physics didn't suck in driv3r, in fact it was the best I've seen in any game. However they way you could flip your car so many times was quite unrealistic.
By Daltarin-Elite
Ok. they were alright, but the shooting wasn't vert good. and niether was bailing from a car or when you jump off a building. if you have ever played 24, i think that is what the shooting should be like. but considering ubisoft made splinter cell and rainbow 6 and ghost recon and i'm pretty sure they made syphon filter, i don't think they will be. But the AutoAim in 24 is awesome.
By madness
Always just remember it's not meant to be a shooting game, it focused on driving and that was the good part, sure there are some bits which require you to shoot and I'm not crazy or nothing but I really think the shooting in the game was alright, it didn't have auto aim but then it required more skill :P

Anyways I just used the mouse on the PC version which made it really easy.
By Daltarin-Elite
But considering shooting is such a small part i think it should be auto aim so you don't have to master the skill of shooting, and then focus more on driving
By madness
That really depends on the player, I found DRIV3R on both XBOX and PC easy to play with the shooting controls without the auto aim aspect.
By Daltarin-Elite
I guess so, maybe their should be an on/off toggle in the options menu.
By madness
yeah, options are always a great idea, it would also be good to have the easy, medium and hard options, but I won't get into that here.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:Always just remember it's not meant to be a shooting game, it focused on driving and that was the good part, sure there are some bits which require you to shoot and I'm not crazy or nothing but I really think the shooting in the game was alright, it didn't have auto aim but then it required more skill :P

Anyways I just used the mouse on the PC version which made it really easy.
I've been trying to tell him that for ages (that its a driving game, not a shooting game)
Daltarin-Elite wrote:No Stinker. I think it should be called The Chaos Theory. You of all should know that, considering we work on it most days in form time. or at least try to.
DrIVer: The Chaos Theory is what i think it should be called. I just dont like it being called Driver 5 if it is a continuation of D3.
By Sedans
true.... especially since PL was unrelated 2 da driver story :D
By madness
It couldn't be called Driver 5 because Driver: Parallel Lines was not Driver 4. If it is anything it'll have to be drIVer or driver 4 or driver: something here.
By Lseven7
This is assuming it follows D3. If it is a new one altogether, it shouldnt be driver4 or 5. It should be seperate like ll.
By Daltarin-Elite
If it is a new one altogether, it shouldnt be driver4 or 5. It should be seperate like ll.
but people still called ll drIVer and it shouldn't be. our idea should be drIVer because it is the best and i'm am trying to type it up now but i got sidetracked. and if anyone has anyway in which i can contact ubisoft then i would greatly appreciate that info being forwarded to me.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]