Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By 2umind
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Bascially there are a small number of things (Maybe not so small) I'd like to see in the next driver game:

I would really like to see the aiming system resemble that of the game The Getaway (It had the best feeling aiming system I've ever seen), More Gore, Ragdoll physics of course, The option to play as Tanner being a cop, or the option to play as an opposing villian he's trying to arrest (something like the guy in The Transporter), The option to go into bars and drink alcohol so you can drive drunk, pickup women and take them back to his house (Not hores though), Possibly a money system and a home where you can store your cars for saving the game, Hand Grenades, RPGs and being able to Drive Tanks or Hummers with manable gun torrets, Some sort of destructability of buildings like in the old game Red Faction, More buildings to enter, at least one airborne vehicle, possibly a nuke dissarming mission where the two opposing characters in the game have to work together just before going back at it, better replay system with camera dollys and camera tweening, THROWING KNIVES that actually stick into people as well as something like a crossbow or bow n arrow, possibly some sort of zip line arrow launcher or grapling hook to get onto buildings, more classic sports cars and muscle cars, slighly better motorcycle physics so you don't fall off constantly, the abbility to be ejected out of the windshield at high enough impact, gotta have a sniper rifile in the game, but more important than anything is a better soundtrack with more variation during gameplay. That's about it really, that's not asking much these days. Most game modders today could apply these things to Driver 3 if they wanted to. Anyone else feel free to leave any suggestions or desires you have for the next installment to the Driver series which will be done by Ubisoft not Atari, Ubisoft owns Reflections now as well just so you know.
Last edited by 2umind on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 2umind
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Oh yeah, and possibly some sort of Online Multi Player community.
By cleone
Multiplayer and Tanner returning. 8)
By T.K.
Tanner, play as different characters in TAR mode after beating certain parts of the game, online play, and maybe just one or two guns. A bigger map(s), and more focus on driving.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Tanks with Turrets? That's actually to be honest... over the top.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
PostalDude wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, bumping a topic from 2009? That's over the top.
Nobody cares whether they did or not. It's still a thread.
Right. Hm... Since this has been brought back to attention, I would love to see ragdoll physics in the next driver and oh yeah, I think Tanner would like to get out and lay in the grass again, I don't think being locked in a car for the next Driver is going to please anyone. (Y)
PostalDude wrote:Plus anyways, this thread is invalid since Driver San Fran is the 5th Driver(technically, not counting games like Driver Vegas or D76).
Ah, that's true. I'm pretty sure were going to get a "Driver 4" even know it's not even the 4th. Why can't video game companies just use numbers instead of special names?
By emmetmcl
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I'd like to see the return of on-foot.

But my most desired feature would be the return to the "darkness" of Driv3r; San Fran was fun, but it felt more like a kids game to me.

And for God's sake, tell us if Tanner lives or not!!!
emmetmcl wrote:San Fran was fun, but it felt more like a kids game to me.

Did you not complete Driver SF? The answer is pretty much at the end of the game!
By emmetmcl
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Steerclear wrote:
emmetmcl wrote:San Fran was fun, but it felt more like a kids game to me.

Did you not complete Driver SF? The answer is pretty much at the end of the game!
I did, ages ago. i cant actually remember it now haha.
all the same, i want a proper sequel to D3
emmetmcl wrote:I'd like to see the return of on-foot.

But my most desired feature would be the return to the "darkness" of Driv3r; San Fran was fun, but it felt more like a kids game to me.

Totally agree.
I would like to see the realistic driving physics(along the lines of the Driver 3 physics) , on-foot with various locations (Like driver 3), more than one city, in take a ride you should be able to go to a certain car park and get in the secret car (Being Tanners original Buick skylark) and do the first mission from the original Driver and a soundtrack by Allister Brimble(original Driver soundtrack creator), unlicensed cars the interactive apartment menu, hubcaps that fly off around corners(Driver 2 Style) and last but not least something that will probably never happen, the return of Indicators. :mrgreen: Oh and being set in the 70s
As PostalDude said, I'm pretty sure Driver San Francisco is Driver 5. In the game files of Driver SF, there are some pics which show DRV 05 (instead of DRV SF) written on the license plate. Most likely before they decided on an actual name for the game.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]