Discussion for the fan-made game The Driver Syndicate.

Moderator: SOAP

By Fireboyd78
SOAP wrote:Making some kind of reference vehicle. Not final quality at all, but I targeted to this level of detail.
Added lighting effects, further there will be more

Next year should be most interesting, and I'm sure that the game will be done and released.

Happy holidays and Happy New Year, guys!

- SOAP
All of my YES. This looks amazing!
By Ss4gogeta0
Registration Days Posts Posts
looks f***ing perfect...

I wonder how the audio will turn out, are you going to go for the Driver ambiance or A simplified radio system ala GTA?

I know a couple indie artists who wouldn't mind their music being used... also I have done a couple radio stations in GTA Style myself ;)

Some examples of my voice work~

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

all were voiced by me. while it may not feel like Driveresque; It adds abit of life to the game
By SOAP
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:looks f***ing perfect...

I wonder how the audio will turn out, are you going to go for the Driver ambiance or A simplified radio system ala GTA?

I know a couple indie artists who wouldn't mind their music being used... also I have done a couple radio stations in GTA Style myself ;)

<videos cut>

all were voiced by me. while it may not feel like Driveresque; It adds abit of life to the game
Thanks!

The game might have sort of dynamic music system, depending on action, vehicle damage and felony, so tracks possibly will be split on instrument tracks/loops.

I would have looking for 70's funk style music by indie artists, if they interested to give their music as multitracks. Also I can write music by myself.
By Ss4gogeta0
Clutch wrote:http://freemusicarchive.org/genre/Rock/

Try here - Creative Commons and full free music. Tons of.
Recently digged out some really nice tracks for game i'm co-developing, http://street-arena.com/
Or you can go Newgrounds and use those... I will message Chromamutt (one of the artists I was talking about) on Google+ later today and see if hes gonna jump into the project, he most likely will lol. also I will message YumiSekai who does D&B. he wanted to be featured in a game so yea...

also, curious if there will be a Dreamcast port? I know that there is a bunch of documentation on the Dreamcast hardware aswell as a huge homebrew scene where games are getting made and released to this day...

sorry, half asleep and in class doing binary... somebody shoot me
By SOAP
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
Clutch wrote: Or you can go Newgrounds and use those... I will message Chromamutt (one of the artists I was talking about) on Google+ later today and see if hes gonna jump into the project, he most likely will lol. also I will message YumiSekai who does D&B. he wanted to be featured in a game so yea...

also, curious if there will be a Dreamcast port? I know that there is a bunch of documentation on the Dreamcast hardware aswell as a huge homebrew scene where games are getting made and released to this day...
Right now I aimed on PC version (Windows & Linux), and then Android/iOS ports.
By SOAP
CarLuver69 wrote:So how's about making it open-source? Lol
Just quote myself:
SOAP wrote:Update on source code: It (possibly) could be released, but after game release.
That's my final decision, sorry.
By Fireboyd78
SOAP wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:So how's about making it open-source? Lol
Just quote myself:
SOAP wrote:Update on source code: It (possibly) could be released, but after game release.
That's my final decision, sorry.
Oh, it was hidden in one of your posts from last year. That's why I missed it. Anyways, that's kind of a bummer, since the whole point of it being open-source was so I could work on it as well. But I guess it's more of a personal project, which I can understand. I have too many of those myself, haha.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Holy f***ing graphics. Such perfected color and lighting. >:O
By Wheels
Wheels wrote:Holy f***ing graphics. Such perfected color and lighting. >:O
(now that I look back at it)
By SOAP
Wheels wrote:Holy f***ing graphics. Such perfected color and lighting. >:O
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)
Vortis wrote:Apologies for bumping, but any news on this project?
Lua scripting in progress, recently did more complex network engine (and there is more work), replays and cameras in progress too;

Also I modelled a few new cars, but didn't textured them yet.

Stay tuned.

Night time screenshot:
By Vortis
Registration Days Avatar
Question: For the vehicles from Driver 1, since in the game they share the same engine sounds, you are going to add unique sounds for them? Perhaps using Driver 2 engine sounds?
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think that there should be something like "mod change" option to put own sounds into the game and change schemes somewhere. Look at GeneRally, there's such option.
Night looks awesome, I really like the fact that it is really dark, like in real.
By Wheels
I don't know about you guys, but those graphics made me wet. XD
By Ss4gogeta0
SOAP wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:looks f***ing perfect...

<videos cut>

Thanks!

The game might have sort of dynamic music system, depending on action, vehicle damage and felony, so tracks possibly will be split on instrument tracks/loops.

I would have looking for 70's funk style music by indie artists, if they interested to give their music as multitracks. Also I can write music by myself.
I apologize for my absence.... Chronamut said you could use any song in his catalog free of charge (He had recently stopped making music and is focusing on other parts of his life after a spat with Newground Mods)

Here is a large archive of his music (Various different styles going all the way back to 2003)
By Sedans
This looks awesome. Should definitely have more attention.

can i put a few requests for vehicles to make? they fit the generation you're doing.
By CORONET
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Just amazing, one question. From where you get the skyboxes? HD versions of the original ones would be EPIC, specially the D1 Miami night sky
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]