General discussion for the DRIVER series.

Worst Driver

Driver 2
36%
Driver
11%
Driv3r
21%
Driver: PL
32%
By Driv3r912
Registration Days
How could you post this, lol? None of the Driver Games were the worst. I do not know how Driver 2 is the worst, total shocker on my part. I played that game for a long time. Love it. I voted Driver 1, because if you drove down any street, cars would be honking at you, from the other lane. You also couldn't get out of your car.
By madness
I'd say Driver 2 was great...
It had multilayer which was awesome. However it had bad draw-distance and it wasn't released on PC. and those 2 things made me vote for it.

I also find it amazing out of all the bad reviews DRIV3R got and most people liked it, including me, I play it for ages and I'm still playing it instead of Driver: Parallel Lines however when the PC version of Driver: Parallel Lines is released I'll try and focus on Playing DPL a lot more. Multiplayer will be great too bad I dont have a real internet conection to use to play Driver: Parallel Lines multiplayer all day and all night :D
By J-Fresh
Registration Days Posts
I Hated driver2!!! the only thing that was almost 2% good was multiplayer. But the drwbridge was good (in chicagp)
By driver2fan10
Registration Days Posts Posts
I liked Drivr 2 it had the same graphics as Driver and you got to Drive other cars instead of one like you did in first Driver. I also liked how big the citys were, but I liked driving alot of different cars in Driver2. I driv3r is the best though.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I thought Driver 2 was really good. It did have some graphical issues but it had 1 important thing that the original Driver didn't have, an interesting story.

Tanner, T. Jones, S.Caine, Jericho, and Vasquez were all cool characters.
By J-Fresh
Registration Days Posts
i agree jones was cool
By madness
Driver 2 52% [ 11 ]
Driver 14% [ 3 ]
Driv3r 4%[ 1 ]
Driver: PL 28% [ 6 ]

Just taking a look at the latest scores I really start to wonder why the fans completely disagree with the media. I really liked DRIV3R despite it's glitchyness I really felt driver had a future when DRIV3R was release sadly it has had a ruff ride with some in the media calling it the worst game of the year and may reviews giving it a mediocre rating.

I'm not sure what it is I just really liked the game as it is and so many other people. So i really don't know how the media have given it such a low rating, I think the media look to much into the glitchs and think it's a gta clone to much when they have barly anything alike. Ones goal is driving and I'm not really sure what GTA's goal is but I believe it is to be a powerful freeform gangsta shootem up game. But the name does use the term "Grand Theft Auto" a term used for hi-jacking cars so it's really uncertain.

anyways back to what I was saying; I think driv3r really was putting reflections interactive on the correct track just some more in the car action and it would be perfect as well as losing all those glitch's and it would be a quality solid game.

But unfortunately reflections started up fresh with "T.K." the fans didn't really like him and they want tanner, it's an interesting debate among many a really interesting debate.

In the future I think I'll look into this issue into a lot more detail and hopefully we can get answers at why everyone thinks driv3r is the best.

and I really agree with everyone else, driv3r really is the best!
By Sedans
Well.. time for me to put my 2 cents in....

Driv3r was a great game, no doubt, The media is prejudice against almost anything if its not No. 1 with most viewers.
To compare GTA:SA to a game like D3 is just ****in stupid, SA was overall a better game but that doesnt mean driv3r was bad, now does it?
In fact in my opinion The glitches is wat made D3 overall more fun-- jus think, If the game didnt have them glitches then that would take away 1000's of posts on message boards ,[like dis one] it'd also take away fun playing time with finding glitches like stacking cars and going into tha underworld.

I dont see how people can dis-agree with that...
By Moonchild
I hated the glitches in Driv3r. There's nothing worse than having your replay corrupted...and the whole underworld thing is annoying too, I mean I'm driving along and then all of a sudden I hit a jump that takes me over a wall and what happens-I'm in no man's land and I have to resart the game. I can understand looking for easter eggs and secrets but glitches blow.

I think the media disliked D3 for alot of reasons. For sure the glitches were one thing but after 2 new GTA itterations, people got accustomed to the open world mission style while D3 had a short linear storyline. Next, many people hated the driving(I loved it) and the exterior car camera angle(too close for many) The game moved kinda slow in comparison to GTA and the Walking/strafing animations were awkward. Also, the media thought that aside from the Undercover mode and survival there ain't much to do.

Finally the story, for some reason most thought is was too serious and boring despite having excellent FMV's and many considered the hollywood voice talent to be crap.

I think Driv3r is the best but like I said, the glitches are annoying and the on-foot cops in survival mode are a real pain in the ass.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Yeah sure the on foot stuff was hard to operate and the shooting was %@$# but it are the problems with the games that make them what they are, and in the case of Driv3r it was a brilliant game. Short yes. But still brilliant.
By madness
I truly think that driv3r would be a very solid game if they fixed the glitches and graphical bugs. At the least the very annoying textures which swap between LOD versions and full quality versions all the time while making that dark black flash if the game didn't contain that replays would look so much better if only there was a way to edit the game in some way to take out those annoying graphical glitches. I infact don't find it all that easy to find ingame glitchs only when I look for them.

and on the short storyline topic I think a shorter storyline can be a better storyline because it's more focused on one topic rather than driver 1 and games like san andreas you just get all these missions which are quite off the purpose of the game.

DRIV3R handled it's mission structure very well and one thing it was good at, it was great at capturing your mind and putting you in the game. Other games don't do that as well.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah. it was definately an entertaining game except it does kind of lose the charm after clocking it twenty or so times. I think the true measure of a great game should be how many times you can play it before getting bored. and in Driv3r that is definately a high ranking game on that front.
By Daltarin-Elite
I loved driver 2 i don't know why everyone gives it so much crap. I spent months trying to complete it and had fun the whole time. ll was not a real driver game. it was just Gta with a different name
By madness
I'd say driver 2 was pretty fun, but it seems to be the less liked in the series.
I guess it had a pretty good storyline, because the original driver wasn't really what you'd call a storyline. But then it got better with driv3r and was marginal with dpl, but if you played all the fmv's together in dpl without those extra missions which dosen't support the story all that much. It would be perfect storyline.

But overall I think the driver series is the best and it was hard picking the worst driver, I still think driver 2 is pretty good in my books, the only upsetting thing was that there was never a PC version which really would have helped and it didnt seem as exciting but it was a really great game.
By nobodie902
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Storyline storyline. MEH! Driver1 was the best. IT was perfect.
You got the mission, you go and do your work. No questions, just DRIVE. This is real driver. Crashed your car? bye bye start over. Completed few missions - new car in your garage. This is enough. Driver games doesnt need ability to just jump out of the car and take another. Tanners ability to shoot things was a big mistake. These two, makes driver GTA clown.

Driver should be about how good - fast and accurate you can drive. This was originally in 1st game. Thats why its the best. Its even now in 2007 is interesting game for me. Hard steering and good controls makes it so enjoyable for play.. if only, it had modding ability...

They should have added manual transmission with clutch, like in Test Drive Unlimited or Live For Speed to Driver instead of guns and sh*t.

Worst is 3rd but i voted for 2nd somewhen somewhy.
Oh, and i have completed only half of Driv3r because it became BOORING and annoying. Who says it had interesting storyline?
By madness
I guess we all have different views.
and I also like the idea of manual transmission with a clutch but games that require these are quite hard to play on a gamepad or keyboard. But I got a steering wheel set with pedals and it would be great if I could make use of them. I played Driver and it worked with my steering wheel even with force feedback, as an old game it wasn't the best however it was great.

One of the main things I never liked about driv3r was that it never worked with my steering wheel, it would work for some but not mine, it's acts like I have to change the deadlock to -25% or something.

I'll soon get my steering wheel out again and hope it works with Driver: Parallel Lines.
By Daltarin-Elite
I still think driver 2 is pretty good in my books, the only upsetting thing was that there was never a PC version
Just Download Some PS Emulators and the game of limewire. It may take you ages on broadband but you may have to live with it.
These two, makes driver GTA clown.
Yes CLONE.
guns and sh*t.
I don't particularly care about swearing in my everyday life but here i disagree as there are some quite young people around.
Oh, and i have completed only half of Driv3r because it became BOORING and annoying. Who says it had interesting storyline?
I say it has an interesting storyline so hah!
By nobodie902
Just Download Some PS Emulators and the game of limewire. It may take you ages on broadband but you may have to live with it.
Aye? Well, i downloaded game and psx emulator and you know what happened? My processor and motherboard burned. So its not good idea to play with emulators.

Yes CLONE.
I wrote just like i wanted, and you got it ;)

I don't particularly care about swearing in my everyday life but here i disagree as there are some quite young people around.
Like you? Or younger?
Since when sh*t is swearing??
I say it has an interesting storyline so hah!
If it had interesting story line i would have completed the game. so HAH to you. :lol:
By Sedans
I aint gettin up in da middle of this, but sh!t kinda is a bad word, hell i say it everyday, but still there are people under the age of 10 here.

nobodie902 has a point, D1 was the real driver, but i disagree on manual transmission.
By Daltarin-Elite
but i disagree on manual transmission.
Same here. mainly because i can't use it though.
If it had interesting story line i would have completed the game. so HAH to you.
If you took a general consenses then i think you would find that the majority of people here loved driv3r and its storyline. i am not entitled to tell you you are wroong but i am however entitled to question your opinion so... What made it so
BOORING and annoying.
By nobodie902
Well its hard to find a reason. Sometimes you just have a felling of a game. You like it or not, did it sucked you into on the first 15 mins, or threw off showint its teeth.
It was wery annoying to start some missions over and over and at the end to get stuck. Like that mission where you have to mine up a Ship. It needed MORE information about how everything will happen. I spend very long time in searching of last bomb and even tried to go earlier from it. Dont say how pissed i was. I didnt knew if i did everything ok in that mission or no. Maybe i had to find by myself that i should have left somebody alive to open a door with detonator or something like that. All kind of thoughts visited me.
And Look what kind of mission is it. Going by boat to a ship, search up all boat and kill everybody, then find dynamite and blow it?
Is this looks like driver game to you? I would tolerate this only in Mafia or gtA whatever, but NO WAY in driver. It looks like some Jetsky racing+Tom clancys rainbow six+some terrorist game.

Oh and im stuck on that mission where i have to chase guy that gets in a black car, in second city. That is impossible to do. Maybe of the handling, maybe because his car is too fast, dont know. I am not enjoying chasing like i was in driver1. Chasing here, SUCKS.

If i look at overall, i would say that only perspective of opening new city was the force that kept me play the game, untill i was totally stuck.
By Daltarin-Elite
Sometimes you just have a felling of a game.
Yes. Indeed. Trees and games have now become part of the same corporate failure. Like two peas in a chaingun.
did it sucked you into on the first 15 mins,
Yes.
Is this looks like driver game to you?
Well i DROVE the boat there. That's gotta count for someting dont it Morteimer?
It looks like some Jetsky racing+Tom clancys rainbow six+some terrorist game.
My Dream Game come to fruition... Let me bask in the glory of this moment. (Sigh of reverence).
Oh and im stuck on that mission where i have to chase guy that gets in a black car, in second city.
Fabienne is it? I had the same problem when i realised that SHE was a man aswell.
untill i was totally stuck.
?
I'm sure you were.

And sorry nobodie902 but i'm in a really annoying mood today. don't take it to heart. you must know the feeling.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
Sometimes you just have a felling of a game.
Yes. Indeed. Trees and games have now become part of the same corporate failure. Like two peas in a chaingun.
did it sucked you into on the first 15 mins,
Yes.
Is this looks like driver game to you?
Well i DROVE the boat there. That's gotta count for someting dont it Morteimer?
It looks like some Jetsky racing+Tom clancys rainbow six+some terrorist game.
My Dream Game come to fruition... Let me bask in the glory of this moment. (Sigh of reverence).
Oh and im stuck on that mission where i have to chase guy that gets in a black car, in second city.
Fabienne is it? I had the same problem when i realised that SHE was a man aswell.
untill i was totally stuck.
?
I'm sure you were.

And sorry nobodie902 but i'm in a really annoying mood today. don't take it to heart. you must know the feeling.
btw... he's not being serious :wink:
By Skeleton
it is kinda hard to decide which one is the worst beceause all of them were great but i'll say that driver 3 the worst. why?
because because of the amazing high system requirements for that day and hard missions i was never able to finish the storyline. and another weird thing i was never able to do at least a mission on driver one before i played it on the pc. it was impossible to me to do that first things on playstation 1 :D
anyway my vote goes for driver 3 :D.
By Coyote
They is no worst or best Driver. Driver is Driver.
By Sedans
hell yeah they have a worst driver!!!!! you must be trippin, especially with that wack-ass driver2 review you wrote!!!
By nitrored
everything < DPL,
Like to customize cars!
By Moonchild
Coyote wrote:They is no worst or best Driver. Driver is Driver.
Damn straight. All the Driver's have their strengths and weakness's. Driver is the original and a benchmark in the videogame industry, Driver 2 has the best storyline, Driv3r's Film Director is a joy to use, and DPL is the most polished and refined of the four games. All of them are great and in my opinion there is no such thing as the "Worst Driver"
By nitrored
moonchild wrote:Driv3r's Film Director is a joy to use
would be better if you could record longer
By Skeleton
DPLkicksASS wrote:
moonchild wrote:Driv3r's Film Director is a joy to use
would be better if you could record longer
i wonder why they took thiss feature in parallel lines :roll:

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]